Thread: Lehner

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Lehner

I am falling out of the race thanks largely to my awesome goaltending. Knowing how bad and volatile the position is, there are no WW options out there... it's crazy that we have 10 teams and 40 goalies rostered in my league... that's how bad the goalie situation is (everyone needs insurance for the nonsense). Anyhow, without mortgaging the future, I think a deal is possible with the Lehner owner.

My question for you folks is does anyone think that when he returns he will gain back the 1A from Flower? Please provide thoughts on him for ROS and next season.

Thank you much!! Rep as much as I can!
    10 Team H2H Points (Keep 1C, 2W, 2D, 1G, & 1 non-goalie):
    G,A,+/-, PIM, PPG, SHG, GWG, OTG, FOWs, Hits, Blks, Maj, Mis, (bonus scoring for D-men makes them comparable to Wing)
    Wins, Saves, GA, Shutouts

18 Man Roster (3 IR slots) Daily Start: 2C, 4W, 4D, 2G

C: Zibanejad, Thomas, Tavares
    W: Stutzle, Robertson, Connor, Buchnevich, McCann
    D: Makar, McAvoy, Josi, Theodore, Matheson, Harley
    G: Georgiev, Binnington, Kochetkov, Andersen (IR)

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Re: Lehner

We all know the history of Fleury. He has streaky stretches. His game will all of a sudden disappear.

Lehner has been great the last two seasons. So I think that he earns back a respectable portion of the games.

Especially when Fleury has his stretch of a couple games of letting in the weak ones.

Dobber Sports Pro

I think that they will ease Lehner back into the rotation as he needs playing time to regain his form. Vegas has a good lead in the division so they may feel that they can alternate goalies even if one is playing significantly better. Remember that Fleury got more starts because Lehner got hurt. That said, if they need wins or it’s coming into the homestretch, they’ll go with the hot goalie as they did in the playoffs.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by Shift Disturber View Post
    I think that they will ease Lehner back into the rotation as he needs playing time to regain his form. Vegas has a good lead in the division so they may feel that they can alternate goalies even if one is playing significantly better. Remember that Fleury got more starts because Lehner got hurt. That said, if they need wins or it’s coming into the homestretch, they’ll go with the hot goalie as they did in the playoffs.
    I agree with this. But just beware to not give up too much because we don't even have a timeline for his return.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

McPhee is on record as saying he sees them alternating starts after Lehner returns.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by sweetcelly View Post
    McPhee is on record as saying he sees them alternating starts after Lehner returns.
    Is there really a world though where Fleury is still in Vegas next year?

Dobber Sports Monster

Probably no more than 60% of the starts, no less than 40%. MAF has been stellar but he has been worked into the cement below the ice and eventually that will not be good long term if the team wants to go on a run. Lehner should be good, probably no worse than .91. He was not good to start but he has the team in front of him to rack up wins. Now is your chance to acquire him while his value is probably as low as it will get.

I think they will try to trade MAF in the offseason and, as long as his play keeps up, he should be easily moveable to a team looking for a 1 year fix.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by silkysmooth View Post
    Is there really a world though where Fleury is still in Vegas next year?
    Yes. They aren't exposing anyone to Seattle, so the market is purely trade or release.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.