Thread: Capwise Hockey Expanding -- First Time Since 2018

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Capwise Hockey Expanding -- First Time Since 2018

The Capwise Hockey Association is adding a brand new league for its 14th season in 2021-22. Applications are being accepted throughout the month of March, and franchises will be awarded on April 7. Draft lottery is a week later, and drafting begins in May. The new league has a buy-in of US$85.

The United Fantasy Hockey League (UFHL) will be Capwise's 10th league. These are salary cap keeper leagues that use real-life NHL salaries and contracts to replicate the experience of an NHL GM. We use Fantrax for scoring, in combination with our league's forum/website and "offline" spreadsheets. Many of our managers have been with us for over a decade, and most have teams in more than one of our leagues (the current average is 2.1 teams per GM).

The rulebook is complex -- only the most dedicated managers need apply. For full details, including information on how to Join, check out the link to our website below.

Capwise does not often have openings, and this will likely be our last new league for a while. Don't miss this opportunity to get in from the beginning!

www.capwisehockey.com

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Capwise Hockey Expanding -- First Time Since 2018

A couple things you might want to add to your post is what platform you use (Yahoo, fantrax, etc) and is it free or is it a money league.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Recruit

It's Fantrax and a money league. I've been a member since 2017 and have 4 leagues, you will never find a better fantasy league no matter how hard you search. The Commish is so good and professional, it's almost like the community of Capwise is a family of sorts. Very active GM'S who love to trade and interact with each other in a very respectful manner. Without a doubt if you're an active fantasy player this is the Association for you.

Dobber Sports Recruit

Quote Originally Posted by Raken65 View Post
    It's Fantrax and a money league. I've been a member since 2017 and have 4 leagues, you will never find a better fantasy league no matter how hard you search. The Commish is so good and professional, it's almost like the community of Capwise is a family of sorts. Very active GM'S who love to trade and interact with each other in a very respectful manner. Without a doubt if you're an active fantasy player this is the Association for you.
    Couldn't agree more. I've been a member since 2011 and am in 2 leagues. Having been active in fantasy hockey for over 20 years I can say without hesitation that there is no other place to be than Capwise. The integrity of the league starts at the top with the founder/commissioner and is reinforced by a board of representatives from across all of the leagues and long-standing members who review trades and contribute to evolving the rules in a sensible manner. If you are considering taking your hobby to the next level this is the place to go.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I could be interested, depending on the cost - if you could let me know
    Team One (Mercenaries Of Mandalore) 24T Dynasty, 4LW/RW/C, 6D, 2G, 4B - G, A1, A2, PPG, PPA, SHP, SOG, FOW, FOL, TK, GV, HIT, BLK, FT, ||| W, L, GA, SV, SHO, A

Team Two (Hamilton Tigers) 16T Dynasty - 3LW/RW/C, 6D, 2G, 6B - G, A, PPP, SHP, SOG, BLK, HIT, FOW| W, L, GA, SV, SHO, A

Click here for my teams (not up to date)

Links are too a google document.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Appreciate the feedback... details have been added above. It's slated to be an $85 buy-in league, and as Raken mentioned above, we use Fantrax for scoring. Most of the league activity is done on our forum and spreadsheet, though.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by zoomwaffles View Post
    Appreciate the feedback... details have been added above. It's slated to be an $85 buy-in league, and as Raken mentioned above, we use Fantrax for scoring. Most of the league activity is done on our forum and spreadsheet, though.
    It’s a great league and community to be apart of. I think I’m going on 6 or 7 years (canÂ’t even keep track anymore) in the league and I feel like I know some of the other managers personally even though I’m not even in the same time zone as most. Talking trade feels so much more personalized with a forum private messenger than sending back and forth trade offers without and discussion. Also enjoy reading and writing the trade analysis to try and dissect the deals taking place.

The commissioner (zoomwaffles) is constantly improving the league with updated rules to get the most out of every season. Even has a competition committee to help provide insight from manager’s perspective across multiple leagues.

Word of caution...once you join, you’ll find it really hard to leave.
    Last edited by sammynos; March 2, 2021 at 8:59 PM. Reason: Punctuation

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Last call for applicants... Applications are accepted through March 31, and franchises will be awarded on April 7. Draft lottery is a week later, and trading begins!

All of the details can be found above -- this is truly a one of a kind league. If you're looking, take a minute to check it out!