Thread: Necas vs. Girard

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Necas vs. Girard

Hi everyone,

I've been offered Necas for my Girard. I've got a lot of forwards and am weak on D but I do like Necas. The OGM is competing and I'm in a full rebuild. On Colorado I think Girard is much more valuable than Necas, who is currently in a third line role. Long-term I think it's more even but D are harder to get in this league. I'm probably going to decline but wanted opinions first.

It's a 12 team multi-cat keeper with no salary cap. Scoring is Points, +/-, Hits, Blocks, PPP, PIM, Shots, GWG.
    Keep 14 plus 4 rookies (under 164 GP) for 18 players total

My team for this league is, with keepers in bold:
    Hughes, Kakko, A Svechnikov, Cirelli, Frost, M Tkachuk, Vrana, Cousins, Zacha, Bjorkstrand, Kubalik, Lafraniere, Bratt, Tippett, Hoglander, Buchnevich, Greenway, R Andersson, Girard, Pionk, Valimaki, Sanheim, Klefborn, Allen, Oettinger, Sorokin, Askarov

The Great One

Default Re: Necas vs. Girard

Yeah I'd stick with Girard.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Icon

Necas should produce way more than Girard will the rest of the season. I am not sure why you say that Necas is on the 3rd line. He's currently 5th on the 'Canes in TOI/game for forwards.

With that said, you know your league better than I do and if D men are more valuable (and harder to acquire) than forwards, then it may make sense to keep Girard. I think Girard's ice time will start decreasing as soon as next season when Bowen Byram becomes the top left shot dman on the Avs. Necas' ice time is only going to increase in the near future.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcouples View Post
    Necas should produce way more than Girard will the rest of the season. I am not sure why you say that Necas is on the 3rd line. He's currently 5th on the 'Canes in TOI/game for forwards.

With that said, you know your league better than I do and if D men are more valuable (and harder to acquire) than forwards, then it may make sense to keep Girard. I think Girard's ice time will start decreasing as soon as next season when Bowen Byram becomes the top left shot dman on the Avs. Necas' ice time is only going to increase in the near future.
    bold - this. Give me Necas.
    Devils & Predators fan