Thread: Zib + Pietrangelo for Malkin + Karlasson

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Zib + Pietrangelo for Malkin + Karlasson

Should I offer this trade? Or is this insane to try for two band-aids like EK and Geno?
    My rationale here is Geno will pick it up, and with Sid out right now for a few games, he might really turn it on as he has done in the past when Sid is out.
    EK is historically better offensively than Pietrangelo, and I want to buy low on him, even though his groin will explode at any moment.
    One Year. 11 teams. Points only. G=1. A=1. GWG=1. W=2. SO=3
    8 F, 4D, 2G. 5 drops all year. ***NO BENCH, NO IR, SWAP D for D, F for F, G for G ONLY***
    F: P Kane, Wheeler, Kucherov, Malkin, Batherson, Crosby, Eichel, Point
    D: Carlson, Q Hughes, Barrie, Karlsson
    G: Demko, Ullmark

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Re: Zib + Pietrangelo for Malkin + Karlasson

Its an extreme buy-low situation.

But as long as you are fully considering that you are buying them low... with no guarantee of any positive regression.

EK and Malkin have a lot of miles on them... and there is a big risk moving younger guys for them.

But if either of them, or both, can return to their level of 2-3 years ago... then you win this trade significantly.

But that is a huge IF. I am not that big of risk taker and I would keep Zib and Pietrangelo here.

If you are a risk-taker and this one pays off.. then it would pay big dividends.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    Its an extreme buy-low situation.

But as long as you are fully considering that you are buying them low... with no guarantee of any positive regression.

EK and Malkin have a lot of miles on them... and there is a big risk moving younger guys for them.

But if either of them, or both, can return to their level of 2-3 years ago... then you win this trade significantly.

But that is a huge IF. I am not that big of risk taker and I would keep Zib and Pietrangelo here.

If you are a risk-taker and this one pays off.. then it would pay big dividends.
    Hmm. Good points. I have nothing to lose really, as I'm pretty far back at this point. Trying to take big swings to climb back into contention.
    Pietrangelo is pretty steady. Zib is off...but younger and could bounce back at any moment I guess.
    One Year. 11 teams. Points only. G=1. A=1. GWG=1. W=2. SO=3
    8 F, 4D, 2G. 5 drops all year. ***NO BENCH, NO IR, SWAP D for D, F for F, G for G ONLY***
    F: P Kane, Wheeler, Kucherov, Malkin, Batherson, Crosby, Eichel, Point
    D: Carlson, Q Hughes, Barrie, Karlsson
    G: Demko, Ullmark

Dobber Sports Veteran

I would keep Zibanejad and Pietrangelo. As ninja Penguino said this is extreme buy low situation and I dont like doing a trade like this.
    Devils & Predators fan