Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The Minnesota Mild no more

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default The Minnesota Mild no more

The whole Minnesota Wild team is on the rise, not just Kaprizov

I feel like the fantasy community (maybe just me leagues) still think of Minnesota as a fantasy wasteland and are sleeping on them.

In my two full keeper leagues I've been able to scoop up a bunch of young Wild players who have been sitting on the WW just racking up the points. They could regress and leave me holding the bag, but I think it's well worth the risk.

Let's look at some Wild players:

Kaprizov: The Calder frontrunner has looked electric in every game he's played. Not very physical but will be putting up points for years to come

Fiala: Was considered the only Wild player of note coming into the season. Had a slow start but is starting to show signs of life. At only 24, he's likely to get back on his 60+ point pace in the future. Had hice PIM upside too

Joel Eriksson Ek: Was looking pretty good before IR (9 points in 11 games), and not too bad since (3 points in 8 games). He also provides hits and FOWs. He's probably never going to be the C1 they hoped he would be but I see him ending as a solid 2C

Jordan Greenway: He's scoring points, dishing out hits, and sitting in the penalty box. Big physical skaters like Greenway take a while to develop but I think he's arrived.

Mats Zuccarello: He's been having quite the resurgence now that he's not surrounded by dogshit. Great pickup in a 1 year league if he's still on the WW.

Marco Rossi, Matthew Boldy, Adam Beckman: Great prospects coming into a suprisingly good situation, will replace some of the old guard.

Kaapo Kahkonen: The goalie of the future. Has looked at 24 and looks to have the starting job locked in. Talbot is likely going to split starts this year but with Stalock being claimed but the Oilers, they're gonna have to expose Talbot to Seattle.

Defencemen: Not much to talk about here, better real life players than fantay. Dumba is the fantasy standout but he hasn't done much since 2017
    16 Team, H2H Dynasty Cap 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 1G, 3B, 10 Minor - Scoring G / A / P / PPP / SOG / Hit / Blk / TOISH - W / GAA / SV / SV%
    Forwards: Gaudreau, Barzal, Beniers, Raymond, Trocheck, Byfield, Quinn, Couturier, Chytil, Crouse, Farabee, Rasmussen, Podkolzin, Monahan, Killorn
    Defence: Sergachev, McAvoy, Sanderson, Hronek, McCabe, Broberg
    Goalie: Demko, Merzlikins, Schmid
    F Minors: McTavish, Eklund, Sillinger, Nazar, Kasper, Lekkerimaki, Ostlund
    D Minors: Edvinsson
    G Minors: Askarov, Cossa
    Picks: 2023 1.01, 1.14

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Re: The Minnesota Mild no more

I really like what I'm seeing from the Minny players I have in the league below and in another league where I own Kaprizov and Greenway.

I was actually going to drop Vrana for Greenway in the league below, but then Meier hit the FA wire and now I'm conflicted....think Greenway might still be the answer since SJ is crap this year....
    TEAM (Previous Year's Keepers in Bold):
    Centres: Eriksson Ek, Crosby, Bennett and Lindholm
    Wingers: Kucherov, J Robertson, Fiala, Wilson, Stone (IR), Konecny (DTD), Terry, Toffoli
    Dmen: Josi, Dobson, Seider, Letang and Montour
    Goalies: Hellebuyck, Demko, Gibson and Ersson

CATS:
    Skater Cats: G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SOG, Hit, Blk
    Goalie Cats: GS, W, GAA, SA, SV%

Roster:
    2LW, 2RW, 2C, 4D, 2Util, 2 G

12 team, 6-keeper league (keeper cost based on draft position; keeper cost increases by 2 rnds each year until hits 5th round cost, then increases by 1 rnd each year), 19 rnd draft. Undrafted FA pick ups cost 18th round pick to keep.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by Melloj View Post
    I was actually going to drop Vrana for Greenway in the league below, but then Meier hit the FA wire and now I'm conflicted....think Greenway might still be the answer since SJ is crap this year....
    I'd prioritize Meier over Greenway. They're similar players but Meier has more name value to cash in on. Maybe you could drop a goalie to also pickup Greenway
    16 Team, H2H Dynasty Cap 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 1G, 3B, 10 Minor - Scoring G / A / P / PPP / SOG / Hit / Blk / TOISH - W / GAA / SV / SV%
    Forwards: Gaudreau, Barzal, Beniers, Raymond, Trocheck, Byfield, Quinn, Couturier, Chytil, Crouse, Farabee, Rasmussen, Podkolzin, Monahan, Killorn

Dobber Sports Star

This team would look alot better and balanced on paper if they didnt trade EStaal for Marcus Johansson haha
    One day I will quit fantasy hockey, today is not that day.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I managed to snag Greenway (since dropped, but can claim again), Fiala and Zuccarello all on waivers this year, and now having a hard time thinking them as droppable / interchanging pieces. There is a chance that they go cold; but I'm hoping they can keep this production going. I'm tempted to snag Greenway again, just not too sure on who to drop... can't really justify dropping Taylor Hall or Zibenajad for Greenway at this point.

Fingers crossed they keep it going though!
    12 Team - Dynasty H2H Category
    Skaters CAT: G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG
    Goalies CAT: W, L, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO
    Roster: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 5D, Util, 2G, 5BN, 3IR

C: Crosby, Stuetzle, RNH, Couturier
    LW: Ovechkin, Guentzel, Toffoli, Knies
    RW: Fiala, Perron, DeBrusk, Zuccarello
    D: Seider, Hronek, Pietrangelo, Heiskanen, McAvoy, Chychrun
    Util: Ekholm
    G: Vanecek, Gustavsson, UPL, Lyon, Forsburg
    Blue = Bench / Red = IR
    (Also in 2x 1-yr leagues but they aren't important)

Dobber Sports Ace

I’m also a fan of Calen Addison. Looks to be the PP QB of the future. Point per game in the A so far.
    12 teams. Keep 9 any position.
    7 prospects. D scoring 3.75 for goal, 2.75 for assist. Forwards 3.5 for goal, 2.5 for assist. 0.5 for hits and blocks. Goalie scoring -1.5 GA, 0.3 for save, 2 points for win and extra 2 for shutout.

​Pre Draft

F: Keller, Zegras, Suzuki, Caufield, Cozens

D:​ Drysdale, Guhle, Perunovich

G:

IR:

Prospects: W. Johnston, K. Johnson, Guenther, Morrow, Mateychuk

Dobber Sports Deity

Are you sure they have to expose Talbot to Seattle? Isn't Kahkonen exempt from the draft?

Never mind, I found out the answer to my own question. Kahkonen is not exempt.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Teams must expose two forwards and one defenseman who are a) under contract in 2021-22 and b) played in at least 40 NHL games the prior season or played in at least 70 NHL games in the prior two seasons, as well as one goaltender who is under contract in 2021-22 or will be a pending RFA.
    I thought their exposed goalie also needed to have played a certain number of games but it doesn't look that way. Hammond isn't under contract next year, but Baribeau is. If I'm reading this right they should be able to expose Baribeau, protect Talbot, and have Kahkonen exempt.

Good call

Dobber Sports Immortal

I own 4 Wild players on a rebuilding team of mine and I'm pretty happy about it.

My NJD experiment has wrapped up, and as much as I like Ty Smith, Dumba is much hotter at the moment, and I'm back up to 3 Min players on my roster, potentially going to make it 4 by grabbing Kahkonen.
    12 Team - Dynasty H2H Category
    Skaters CAT: G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG
    Goalies CAT: W, L, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO
    Roster: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 5D, Util, 2G, 5BN, 3IR

C: Crosby, Stuetzle, RNH, Couturier
    LW: Ovechkin, Guentzel, Toffoli, Knies
    RW: Fiala, Perron, DeBrusk, Zuccarello
    D: Seider, Hronek, Pietrangelo, Heiskanen, McAvoy, Chychrun
    Util: Ekholm
    G: Vanecek, Gustavsson, UPL, Lyon, Forsburg
    Blue = Bench / Red = IR
    (Also in 2x 1-yr leagues but they aren't important)

Dobber Sports Star

Im doubtful Talbot will be a serious candidate for Seattle, Im pretty much expecting a team to pay Seattle to take their goalie like Pittsburgh did with Fleury.
    One day I will quit fantasy hockey, today is not that day.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Parise healthy scratched tonight vs Vegas.

Zuccarello's scoring stats this season are doubled versus his lifetime numbers.
    He has 13 points from 10 matches, but he is def not point-per-game player.
    So he will very probably slow down.

I think is it a wise move to sell high Zuccarello right now, even he is on PP1 now and his line is hot (Kaprisov is driving it a lot).

What do you think?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I agree that Zuc is a sell, but I do see him scoring .75 of what he is now

How do you read this 2:5 loss to Arizona? Is this just an exception? Or reality-check?
    They don't have energy to play back-to-back games because o COVID aftereffects?
    Were some of the goals Talbot's fault?