Thread: Dahlin for Eichel

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Dahlin for Eichel

Which side, short and long term (Dynasty and no salary cap - keep 28)
    10 team keeper league dress 4 LW, C, RW, 6 Def and 2 Goalies (gls and asts are a pt for fwds and 1.5 for Def, as is a +, but also -1 for a - forwards and -1 for "D", G - 2 pts for win, 5 for SO and pts for saves)
    LW - Landeskog, Robertson, E. Kane, Guentzel, Huberdeau, Kreider, Schwartz (C/RW)
    C - Stamkos, Zibanijad, Wright, Norris, Seguin (RW), Larkin, Zegras, Zary
    RW - Rantanen, Olofsson, Kuzmenko (LW), Sharangovich (LW/C), Laine, Arvidsson (LW)
    D - M. Anderson, Josi, S. Jones, Toews, Theodore, Faber, , Korchinski, Zellweger, Mintyukov, Larsson, H. Lindholm, K. Miller
    G - Andersen, Gustavsson, Saros, Vejmelka

Dobber Sports Icon

Default Re: Dahlin for Eichel

Even with the 1.5 point boost for D-men in your league. I prefer the Eichel side by quite a lot both now and in the future.
    Without me, it's only "aweso".

Dobber Sports Initiate

Thank you. I am considering it, but it weakens my D moving forward (clearly not this year).
    10 team keeper league dress 4 LW, C, RW, 6 Def and 2 Goalies (gls and asts are a pt for fwds and 1.5 for Def, as is a +, but also -1 for a - forwards and -1 for "D", G - 2 pts for win, 5 for SO and pts for saves)
    LW - Landeskog, Robertson, E. Kane, Guentzel, Huberdeau, Kreider, Schwartz (C/RW)
    RW - Rantanen, Olofsson, Kuzmenko (LW), Sharangovich (LW/C), Laine, Arvidsson (LW)
    D - M. Anderson, Josi, S. Jones, Toews, Theodore, Faber, , Korchinski, Zellweger, Mintyukov, Larsson, H. Lindholm, K. Miller

The Magnificent One

Eichel for me as well. Defense easier to replace at a slightly lower bar.
    18 team H2H Keeper League
    G/A/PPP/SHP/GWG/SOG/FOW/Hits&blks/W/GAA/SV/SV%
    play 4c/8w/6d/1G (2min start)/6 bench/
    C: Hughes, Zacha, Howden, compher, Tierney, Frederic
    W: Gaudreau, Schwartz, M.Tkachuk, Fabbri, Bratt, Yamamoto, Wahlstrom, Okposo, Heinen, M.Folingo, Hinostroza, Mcginn
    D: Hughes, Ceci, Pelech, oleksiak, Holden, Poolman
    G: Markstrom, Oettinger,
    P:Rossi,Bowers,Heponiemi,Kupari,Wise,Dorofeyev,Fir stov,Clarke,Fortin,holloway,Nygard,Aberg,Rasmussen ,Elynuik,M.Jones,Chlapik,Platzer,Bracco,Kuokkanen, Lind,Liljegren,J.Roy,Montembeault,Raaymakers,Woll, prosvetov,Larmi

Dobber Sports Icon

Another vote for Eichel

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Career-wise:

Eichel is at .946 points per game.
    Dahlin is at .863 modified points per game (actual points per game multiplied by 1.5)

Eichel has shown himself to be injury-prone, and I have more faith that Dahlin has another 2 levels of production. Eichel may have one more, but I don't think he has two more.

I'd take Dahlin.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Thank you for that insight "stevegamer". I decided to keep Dahlin. He countered with asking for Mackinnon.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Eichel for me too. I prefer him to Mackinnon ad well. Calling eichel injury prone is a bit of stretch I think. Missing a few games here and there is normal for just about any player. He had one ankle injury early in his career and still didn’t miss much time. But other than that he hasn’t missed big stretches.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by HRM Fantasy Fan View Post
    Eichel for me too. I prefer him to Mackinnon ad well. Calling eichel injury prone is a bit of stretch I think. Missing a few games here and there is normal for just about any player. He had one ankle injury early in his career and still didn’t miss much time. But other than that he hasn’t missed big stretches.
    WOW!!! You prefer Eichel the great MacK. INteresting........

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Skeeps View Post
    WOW!!! You prefer Eichel the great MacK. INteresting........
    I do. I think eichels upside is higher. I think if you swapped the two Eichel would do more with Colorado then MacKinnon would with Buffalo. Now that being said that doesn’t matter, production does and for now MacKinnon has the far superior supporting cast, but it is hard to pass on that upside and they are close enough now this season not withstanding that I would take the upside.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by HRM Fantasy Fan View Post
    I do. I think eichels upside is higher. I think if you swapped the two Eichel would do more with Colorado then MacKinnon would with Buffalo. Now that being said that doesn’t matter, production does and for now MacKinnon has the far superior supporting cast, but it is hard to pass on that upside and they are close enough now this season not withstanding that I would take the upside.
    Considering Eichel hasn't played a full season since his rookie year, i'd rather bank on the guy who's already established 90+ points 3 seasons in a row