Thread: Thoughts on Lucas Raymond (bonus Detroit question)

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Thoughts on Lucas Raymond (bonus Detroit question)

Hello all!

Wondering what you guys think of this kid. Everything I read indicates he’s extremely talented. Do you think he can have an impact as soon as next year? Projections for next year and next 3.

Bonus question.
    Detroit has a nice prospects pool. Veleno, Seider, Raymond, etc. Plus the actual youngsters are maturing. I don’t think they’ll be cup contender next year (of course), but I don’t see them being that bad. Thoughts on that team next year?

Thx!
    Last edited by BernyBoyD; March 1, 2021 at 8:02 PM. Reason: Weird special characters

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Re: Thoughts on Lucas Raymond (bonus Detroit question)

Lucas Raymond is going to be a great player but I wouldn't expect him to have a huge year next season. I'd say his ceiling next season is in the 40-50 point range and that's if everything goes right. I'd bet he's a 70-80 point guy in 3 years though.

As for Detroit, I think they're a draft lottery team next year as well and hope they get a top 3 pick in the 2021 draft class - lots of talent here. They will be more exciting to watch next year with the new rookies, but they are still going to be a pretty bad team. The wings are at least 3 years from a playoff spot imo.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Yzerman has a great record for drafting great players - see the Tampa Bay roster.

And from what I have seen and read of Raymond is that he will be a well rounded player that can play great offensively and defensively.
    I think the sky is the limit for Raymond with the other young guns in Detroit. I can see Raymond pushing point per game stats in Year 3. AS for next year, I think the Red Wings will be patient and he will score about 35-40 points.

As for the Team - as mentioned Steve Y seems to be a great GM... I think the team is set up nicely.
    I do not see them pushing for a playoff spot next year.

The following year, I could see them competing with the likes of Florida, Pittsburgh, NYI, Montreal for a wild card spot.

Dobber Sports Deity

I think he's two years out from getting to the NHL. I wont be surprised if Raymond doesnt play next year either back in the SHL or spend a good chunk of time in the AHL before we see him in the NHL. At that point, he should see sheltered minutes to get his feet wet to the NHL speed, much like they did with Zadina.

Veleno and Seider should challenge for roster spots next season but like any rookie, I keep my expectations in check, especially considering Detroit will still be working their way up the standings.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Thanks for the feedback, great comments. It helps align my keepers as well