Thread: Trying to Buy Eichel - Do I have the pieces?

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Trying to Buy Eichel - Do I have the pieces?

I saw another thread about trading for Eichel, but that was in a Dynasty where I am just in a man-5 keeper.

I'm hoping with all of the current negative news around him, I could potentially buy at a discount.

I would hopefully be able to buy him without needing to move MacKinnon, Vasilevskiy, Svechnikov... but I would be willing to move J.Hughes, Dahlin, and many others if it means obtaining him.

My current thought is:

Malkin, J.Hughes, ______ for Eichel

The other owner is in contention this season, so I'm hoping by dangling good players plus Hughes would be enough. He is a tough negotiator though, and the offer would likely have to be against me in order to make it work, but based on my roster... what WOULD be a fair deal in trying to snag him?

Cheers
    12 Team - Dynasty H2H Category
    Skaters CAT: G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG
    Goalies CAT: W, L, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO
    Roster: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 5D, Util, 2G, 5BN, 3IR

C: Crosby, Stuetzle, RNH, Couturier
    LW: Ovechkin, Guentzel, Toffoli, Knies
    RW: Fiala, Perron, DeBrusk, Zuccarello
    D: Seider, Hronek, Pietrangelo, Heiskanen, McAvoy, Chychrun
    Util: Ekholm
    G: Vanecek, Gustavsson, UPL, Lyon, Forsburg
    Blue = Bench / Red = IR
    (Also in 2x 1-yr leagues but they aren't important)

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: Trying to Buy Eichel - Do I have the pieces?

I wouldn't trade Dahlin for Eichel. Same team, one has health issues, and the same one is at a deeper position.

Your hope is that one of Malkin, Hall or Zibanejad turn it on, and package two of them plus Zuccarello for Eichel & 2 guys.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I’m a keep 5 you are not going to get eichel for you want to offer unless the owner is brain dead. You could offer all the guys you mentioned you wanted to trade in one offer and you should get rejected and laughed as fast as he can hit the decline button. The only player I see that would be worthy is Vasilevskiy maybe and a slim maybe Dahlin as he is in the same category as eichel for talent and potential. But you’d likely have to add to dahlin and you might even have to add to vasilevkiy as you are in a very shallow league where goalies do not have the value as they do in deep leagues. Try what you want but what you are saying to him is here is my garbage give me your best player. Players like eichel even when they are playing poorly their value does not drop (or it shouldn’t)

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by HRM Fantasy Fan View Post
    I’m a keep 5 you are not going to get eichel for you want to offer unless the owner is brain dead. You could offer all the guys you mentioned you wanted to trade in one offer and you should get rejected and laughed as fast as he can hit the decline button. The only player I see that would be worthy is Vasilevskiy maybe and a slim maybe Dahlin as he is in the same category as eichel for talent and potential. But you’d likely have to add to dahlin and you might even have to add to vasilevkiy as you are in a very shallow league where goalies do not have the value as they do in deep leagues. Try what you want but what you are saying to him is here is my garbage give me your best player. Players like eichel even when they are playing poorly their value does not drop (or it shouldn’t)
    same happens in my league. i've seen in my league that name value tends to carry a lot of weight and managers will likely only move long time keepers for another potential keeper. and then when you throw age into the mix, acquiring eichel, even in a down year, the players you offer will likely have to be so one sided that it would get that manager to budge. i tried last year but couldn't stomach all the pieces i'd have to give up. good luck tho!
    12 Team H2H Keep 4

2 C, 4 W, 4 D, 2 UTIL, 2 G
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SOG, FW: W, SV%, GAA

C: Barkov, Eichel
    W: Connor
    D:
    G: Sorokin
    ​IR:
    NA: