Thread: Mr Seguin- What do we expect?

The Great One

Default Mr Seguin- What do we expect?

So between his slumping p[rior to the playoffs, his poor post season, and the delicate nature of his injuries- what are we expecting from a healthy Seguin? Does he have it in him to get back to a ppg threat whos shoots 300? Or is he more of a 50-60 point player whose damaged goods like Mr. benn maybe? Tater thoughts?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Re: Mr Seguin- What do we expect?

Damaged goods. I believe he’s like a Benn.

I noticed in dropped performance once they get their big contracts. I always look for guys who will get a big pay day. There are exceptions like Mcdavids of the world.

I personally won’t be picking him up. Especially in a cap league

Dobber Sports Immortal

I'm hoping for 60 point pace, a bunch on the PP and while getting a lot of shots.

Dobber Sports Initiate

I wouldn't consider last season as played with a major injury. He is still able to put 65-70 pace IMO

Dobber Sports Star

The guy was playing hurt for so much of last season its hard to remember how good he can be when he was healthy as recently as say 2 seasons ago

i believe theyll probably stick him on the wing for at least the first portion of when he returns. 50 pt pace with 3 sogs per game is probably the floor. i could easily see him getting an extra spring in his step from finally being healthy to putting up near ppg and 4 sogs in 15 games. he cost me my last round pick so basically no risk.
    One day I will quit fantasy hockey, today is not that day.

The Great One

Thanks guys! Its not a cap league but I did give up Trochek for him- so just curious what I might have got myself into- lol! Im fine with a floor lower than Troche because there has to be upside thats higher if he can bounceback. Klingberg did with the same injury- benn not so much :P

Dobber Sports Initiate

Benn is a big player that plays a much more physical game. These kind of players (like Lucic as well) tends to decline very quickly.

I mean, I hope I am right because I just acquire Seguin base on the fact that before his "bad" season when he was injured, he was a constant ppg player.

Dobber Sports Icon

I think Seguin has a few more PPG seasons left in him. Especially if he's healthy for the first time in awhile. He's not even 30 yet so he's still in his prime production years.
    Without me, it's only "aweso".

Dobber Sports Novice

I think the time off to rest his body will be good for him in the long run. He just turned 29 years old and before last season Seguin averaged a point per game the previous six years. Even though Pav and Rad are longer in the tooth I still think they are 65 plus point fowards. The young guys like Hintz, Gurianov, Heiskanen have shown well. Add Klingberg and good goaltending depth Dallas has a solid balance of young and old. I see Seguin in the 70 plus point range the next few seasons.

Dobber Sports Veteran

I think that he will be a 70+ point pace guy from the day he returns.
    Devils & Predators fan