Thread: LOOKING FOR OWNERS 20 teams Dynasty Multi-Cat League on Fantrax starting up... SLOW DRAFT coming up ASAP, 2021 eligible prospects available

Dobber Sports Novice

Lightbulb LOOKING FOR OWNERS 20 teams Dynasty Multi-Cat League on Fantrax starting up... SLOW DRAFT coming up ASAP, 2021 eligible prospects available

There are still spots available in this BRAND NEW Fantrax league and we are having our draft as soon as we are full so it is an incredible opportunity to start your dream Dynasty team from scratch and get it going for years to come!

The scoring goes like this: H2H matchups, categories are G, A, Pts, PIM, SOG, PPG, PPP, SHP, GWG, Hits, Blks, FOW for skaters and W, GAA, SV, SV% and SHO for goalies.

Its a 35 man roster, with 20 active skaters and goalies ( 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D and 2G), 5 Reserve spots, 10 minor spots and 3 IR spots.

The draft will take place as soon as we have our 20 owners, and will be a slow draft with 2hrs per pick, the draft being on sleep mode from 10h30pm to 8h30am, and will have 35 rounds. The players eligible for the next draft (the 2021 entry draft) will be available to draft.

The buy in is 30$ per owner, and it is all going to be given as prizes at the end of the season ( we are skipping this season and will start with the next one in 2021). I'm open to having a bigger buy in in the future to make the prizes bigger (tho it would have to go through a vote), and the buy ins from this year will be added to next season so it will already be pretty big. For the prizes I was thinking we could make 3 top 3s, to give a prize to the top 3 after the payoffs, the top 3 at the H2H ranking and the top 3 at Fantasy points, but again i'm open to suggestions from owners on that regard.

As you can see from the description I'm really eager to get this thing going but I'm also open to hear suggestions from experienced owners and I am available to answer any question you might have

https://www.fantrax.com/newui/fantas...1dv&isSubmit=y
    Cheers!

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: LOOKING FOR OWNERS 20 teams Dynasty Multi-Cat League on Fantrax starting up... SLOW DRAFT coming up ASAP, 2021 eligible prospects available

I know I posted on your other league but a few things to note:

1. I like the settigns in this, minus pims
    2. Seeing as this is a dynasty, why not split the drafts into two draft - 1 being the inaugural and the other being all prospect eligible, then do reverse orders for the draft?
    3. You need more minor spots for a dynasty, how do you expect someone to rebuild properly without having a whole team full of minors not in the NHL and therefore tanking and making it not competitive?
    4. 2 Hours per pick isn't enough - also, what happens if you get an overseas manager whos main hours are between 10:30-8:30 EST? 12 hours between pick mininum. If you want this to be a successful league then you need to up this for sure, otherwise you'll get people making rash decisions and dumping the team after 1 year. 12 hours isn't a lot, there is plenty of time before the new season and it's doubtful people use the whole amount.

Ill consider joining if these things are changed, the intent is clearly there which I like, even if I don't join, these tips will help

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Re: LOOKING FOR OWNERS 20 teams Dynasty Multi-Cat League on Fantrax starting up... SLOW DRAFT coming up ASAP, 2021 eligible prospects available

Thank you again for the answer!

1. Im open to negotiate the PIMs with other owners but since its not all that random I dont mind them all that much

2. I like the split drafts idea and was going to suggest it to the owners but I'm afraid it would be more job to manage who we can draft in each draft (can we fully set it up on fantrax so its automatically controlled?)

3. Yeah I hesitated a lot between 10 and 20 minor spots but with 20 owners in afraid to make the player pool too thin.... although I guess it can make it more interesting and we would need to really know our prospects pools! I'm not set on that number yet.

4. I'd rather have owners from North America and I was thinking about 2hrs for each pick because i just did a 4hr per pick draft and when the owner isnt active its really long! But again, my idea was to be flexible with the time per pick, potentially changing it during the draft if we feel like we need more or less time.
    Thanks alot for the tips! And let me know if you want to talk about it

Dobber Sports Novice

https://discord.gg/QmtU6CKM8R

Anyway heres our discord, hop in if you want to talk about it