Thread: Huge trade help? (Drais or McDavid trades?)

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Huge trade help? (Drais or McDavid trades?)

Hi all, 24-team dynasty, in a win now and for the next few years position - Hits, Blocks, FOW, FOL, TK, GV, G, A, PPG, PPA (And a couple of other stats). Firstly, I did post a couple of days ago about my McDavid trades below, but now the Drais owner has come in hot.

I've just been offered this trade:
    My: Kucherov (IR), Lindholm, Bouchard, 2022 1st (late)
    for
    His: Klingberg, Draisaitl and Hutsko

I could probably get the 1st removed I think, what are your thoughts on this trade?
    However, my main concern is that the McDavid owner has expressed interest in two trades with Kucherov:
    1. McDavid for Scheifele + Kucherov - Made straight away
    2. McDavid for Lindholm + Kucherov - Made in the off-season (chance they change their mind etc)

Obviously the 2nd McDavid trade is best and I'm honestly fine not winning this season as both Seguin/Kucherov are out, I'm still 2nd in the whole league (behind McDavid owner) and top of my division. But what do you think about the Scheif/Kuch trade compared to the Drais trade? Should I wait until summer and hope I can get the 2nd McDavid trade?

A little secondary trade: I'm giving up my 2nd 2021 (late), Saville and a 4th for Bobrovsky and Cajkovic - good trade, right?

Centers [4]: Scheifele, Lindholm, Karlsson, Cizikas
    LW [4]: Perron, Granlund, Tatar, Zucker, Gaudreau
    RW [4]: Pavelski, Backlund, Rust, Mikheyev, Athanasiou (Inj)
    Defence [6]: Giordano, Martinez, Karlsson, Nurse, Werenski, Holl, Hamonic [Inj], J.Benn
    Goalies [2]: Ullmark, Hart
    Injury Reserve [4]: Simmonds, Kassian, Seguin & Kucherov
    Team One (Mercenaries Of Mandalore) 24T Dynasty, 4LW/RW/C, 6D, 2G, 4B - G, A1, A2, PPG, PPA, SHP, SOG, FOW, FOL, TK, GV, HIT, BLK, FT, ||| W, L, GA, SV, SHO, A

Team Two (Hamilton Tigers) 16T Dynasty - 3LW/RW/C, 6D, 2G, 6B - G, A, PPP, SHP, SOG, BLK, HIT, FOW| W, L, GA, SV, SHO, A

Click here for my teams (not up to date)

Links are too a google document.

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default Re: Huge trade help? (Drais or McDavid trades?)

I would probably wait until the off-season for that 2nd trade -

if you can take the 1st out of Drais on, thats probably a fair deal.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I'd 100% jump on the Scheifele deal. I'd almost rather keep Lindholm over Scheif anyhow given Lindholm's better cat coverage and I'm assuming wing eligibility. As such to get McDavid now and push for the championship is completely worth it
    32 Team Dynasty With Cap (83.5M) - H2H Pts
    Skaters: G: 4, A: 2, PPP: 1, SHP: 2, SOG: 0.5, HIT: 0.5, BLK: 0.5, FOW: 0.1, +/-: 0.5
    Goalies: W: 6, SHO: 6, SV 0.25, GA: -2
    Positions: 3C, 6W, 3F, 6D, 2G, 3BN, 20 Prospects

C: McTavish, Newhook, Dellandrea, Parssinen, Sillinger, Jost
    W: Svechnikov, Guenther, Berggren, Krebs, Palat, Foudy
    D: Weresnki, Chabot, Ekholm, Krug, Pelech, Jensen, Forbort
    G: Blackwood, Ersson

Top Prospects: Smith (SJS), Savoie (BUF), Bourgault (EDM), Bourque (DAL), Perron (CAR), Korchinski (CHI), Nikishin (CAR), Jones (NYR), Cossa (DET), UPL (BUF), Daws (NJD)

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I take the Draisaitl trade.

In my view, with you breaking out forward positions, Draisiatl and McDavid are even. So get the guy now.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    I take the Draisaitl trade.

In my view, with you breaking out forward positions, Draisiatl and McDavid are even. So get the guy now.

you like the Drais one more than giving up Scheif and Kuch now for McDavid ?
    Team One (Mercenaries Of Mandalore) 24T Dynasty, 4LW/RW/C, 6D, 2G, 4B - G, A1, A2, PPG, PPA, SHP, SOG, FOW, FOL, TK, GV, HIT, BLK, FT, ||| W, L, GA, SV, SHO, A

Team Two (Hamilton Tigers) 16T Dynasty - 3LW/RW/C, 6D, 2G, 6B - G, A, PPP, SHP, SOG, BLK, HIT, FOW| W, L, GA, SV, SHO, A

Quote Originally Posted by JayJJeffery View Post
    you like the Drais one more than giving up Scheif and Kuch now for McDavid ?
    Yes. I prefer Draisatl to McDavid with you breaking out positions - I assuming he's got win eligibility.

I also think Draisiatl is a bigger upgrade on Lindholm than McDavid is on Schiefele.

Kucherov is simply the cost to make either of these upgrades, so he's a common expense.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    Yes. I prefer Draisatl to McDavid with you breaking out positions - I assuming he's got win eligibility.

I also think Draisiatl is a bigger upgrade on Lindholm than McDavid is on Schiefele.

Kucherov is simply the cost to make either of these upgrades, so he's a common expense.

I went for a counter (adding in Lehtonen and Mikheyev instead of 1st/Bouchard) to see just how much I can push it, fella isn't easily annoyed so if I want to go back to the old trade I will be able to - gotta squeeze that value!

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Take McDavid. He is the best player in the world and it’s not close. Why try to squeeze value when you are getting a guy who probably only gets moved in one league in a thousand. I would do schiefele and Kucherov to get it done. It’s McDavid.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

I would do the Schiefele and Kuch deal for McDavid. How far ahead is he? Does the McDavid for Schief upgrade give you a chance to catch him? I also like Lindholm more than Schiefele. Could be ownership bias.
    12 team pts league. G(1pt), A(1pt), PPP(1pt), SHP(1pt), GWG(1pt), W(3pts), SO(2pts)
    2C, 2RW, 2LW, 4F, 4D, 2G, 4Bench, 2IR
    Keep any 5 max 3 years

C - McDavid, Backstrom, Tavares, Couturier, Trochek
    RW - Pavelski, Fiala, E. Lindholm
    LW - Landeskog, Palat, E. Kane, Robertson
    D - Hedman, Yandle, Fox, Provorov
    G - Lehner, Rask, MAF, Talbot

Dobber Sports Apprentice

So right now the offer that I've officially got on the table is:

Draisaitl, Klingberg, Hutsko for Kucherov, Lindholm, Bouchard and a 2nd (late)

An offer that I've got hoping another manager will accept is:

McDavid for Scheifele & Kucherov

Now it's worth noting these two managers are also in discussions with each other, so it's difficult to say if the offer for Drais will get pulled, no guarantees the McDavid offer is accepted (he keeps changing his mind, which is fair, it's McDavid)

I still take the Draisatl deal right now.

While McDavid may be the best forward in the world (I view F/D/G as sufficiently different to be willing to state that the best at one of these is not going to be best at either of the others), it IS close. In leagues like yours breaking out forward spots, and having FOW, it's not even McDavid you want, as long as Draisiatl has wing eligibility. Take a look at the Oilers faceoff numbers:

https://www.hockey-reference.com/teams/EDM/2021.html
    https://www.hockey-reference.com/teams/EDM/2020.html

That's 2 years, but you could go back further. You want #1 faceoff guys, and McDavid is not that, and likely never will be as that roster is constructed.