Thread: Sorokin

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Sorokin

All the talent in the word but Varlamov is playing out if his mind. I think Varlamov is signed for two more years after this season. Where is the crease going next year and the year after? Is 50/50 best case for Sorokin?

Dobber Sports Master

Default Re: Sorokin

he seemed more comfortable in his last start. buffalo threw the kitchen sink at the isles early in that game and he made some big saves early.

likely playing today at 5 pm vs pit (b2b)so another looksie for us fantasy gm's.

your guess is as good as mine for his future . ideally varlamov and sorokin can remain a pair until varlys contract expires (2 more seasons). Sorokin can just sign a 1 year deal in july that takes him to UFA in 2022 so theres that to consider as well .

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Sorokin

I don't think the Islanders are going to force him into the starter role. It will happen naturally or Sorokin has to force the Islanders to give him more starts because of his play. Right now, that's what Varlamov is doing. It's a bonus to have two quality goalies.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."