Thread: Montembeault

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default Montembeault

Does Montembeault still have a chance/path to the NHL? With Driedger taking off in Florida, and Spencer Knight on his heels, is there any viable path to play for Monty? I'm thinking of picking him up as one of my 8 minor league goalies in a dynasty draft (trying to get a range of ages for depth), but am wondering if his situation is too unfavorable to be worth the add, or if I should just go younger. (Deep league, lot of prospects nabbed already). Curious to hear some of your thoughts!

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: Montembeault

I'd go different, but not necessarily younger.

Montembault has been a sub .900 SV% guy almost all his pro career. That's not a track record you want to bet on, unless you're betting on a bunch of guys with similar track records. He does have some NHL time, but it's not impressive, which is sort of the norm for young guys who aren't stud prospects coming up before they are ready.

However his situation isn't terrible. Dreidger is a UFA, so he may not be back with Florida. Montembault & DeRosiers will either be exposed to Seattle or dealt before being exposed as part of a bigger deal. They would still likley be exposed. So there's a chance he ends up with a fresh start.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.