Thread: Larkin vs Teravainen

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Larkin vs Teravainen

Who do you like here? I am a Larkin owner, but I am rapidly losing patience. The Wings are terrible, and it doesn't appear that it will change soon.

I might be able to swing a Larkin for Teravainen deal. TT has had his own struggles this year, but I feel owning any Detroit guys is going to be detrimental.

What do you think?

Thanks!
    9 Team Dynasty Pool. 30 Players, 20 Active (12 F, 6 D, 2 G). 10 Reserves. 20 Roster moves allowed per season.
    Forwards Points Only, D Points, Hits, Blocks, Goalies Wins and Shutouts.
    Drop 10 players in the offseason for free agent draft before season.

Forwards: Barzal, Forsberg, Guentzl, Buchnevic, Barkov, W. Nylander, P. Kane, Crosby, Fiala, Zibanejad, Vrana, Zuccarello, Pavelski, Tarasenko, Kreider, B. Schenn
    Defence: Fox, Sergachev, Pietrangelo, Letang, Karlsson, Hamilton, Spurgeon, Sandin, Boqvist, Matheson

Goal: Hellebuyck, Campbell, Skinner, Murray

Dobber Sports Immortal

Default Re: Larkin vs Teravainen

I like TT here but not when there is talk of a concussion and no sign of coming back.

But you're right. Red Wings are wasted space right now. I would move him for anyone in and around TT's level.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    I like TT here but not when there is talk of a concussion and no sign of coming back.

But you're right. Red Wings are wasted space right now. I would move him for anyone in and around TT's level.
    Thanks for the reply hockeyrobot. I realize TT is out. Not necessarily thinking for immediate use. My pool is a 20 keeper dynasty, so Larkin still has value there, but he has really regressed since that 73 point season in 18-19. He had a rebound to finish last season, but now seems to have regressed back even further. I don't know what's going on in Detroit. They seem to be stubbornly hanging on the Blashill, eventhough, clearly things are not progressing there.

Frustrated owner of 3 Detroit players.

Thanks again!
    9 Team Dynasty Pool. 30 Players, 20 Active (12 F, 6 D, 2 G). 10 Reserves. 20 Roster moves allowed per season.

Forwards: Barzal, Forsberg, Guentzl, Buchnevic, Barkov, W. Nylander, P. Kane, Crosby, Fiala, Zibanejad, Vrana, Zuccarello, Pavelski, Tarasenko, Kreider, B. Schenn
    Defence: Fox, Sergachev, Pietrangelo, Letang, Karlsson, Hamilton, Spurgeon, Sandin, Boqvist, Matheson

Dobber Sports Novice

I feel your pain, I traded for mantha and Larkin a few years back before they went off, but now I sit. Added hronek last year and watching the wings put up donuts tears me apart inside. I have a good team, but was ok to use this year to let the team mature. Are they eventually going to get past this funk (next year) or have they bottomed out and already set their career highs. Someone give me hope.
    12 Team: Keep 26; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 3 Farm; 3 Bench

Scoring Cats: G - 1PT, A - 1PT, PPG - 1PT, SHG - 2PT, SOG - 1PT / Goalies - W - 2PT SO - 2PT

F: Huberdeau, Kucherov, Guentzel, Barkov, Norris, Crosby, Svechnikov, Schenn, JT Miller, Lundell, Killhorn

D: Klingberg, Rielly, Pionk, Fox, DeAngelo, Hughes

G: Hart, Fleury, Lehner

BENCH: Courtier, Ellis, Batherson

FARM: Rossi, Byfield, Lysell

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by rockstar4life View Post
    I feel your pain, I traded for mantha and Larkin a few years back before they went off, but now I sit. Added hronek last year and watching the wings put up donuts tears me apart inside. I have a good team, but was ok to use this year to let the team mature. Are they eventually going to get past this funk (next year) or have they bottomed out and already set their career highs. Someone give me hope.
    Thanks for the support! Looks like there will be a Geek of the Week article on Larkin next week. Very much looking forward to it.