Thread: Trading Crosby

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Trading Crosby

Hi everybody!

League in sig
    I'm looking at interest in Sid the Kid in my league and frankly there isnt much. Only 2 guys would want him.

One offer is Barzal and pieces
    2nd one would be Ziba and Seider.

I built my team to be younger but couldn't let Crosby go. Should I hold on or take these offers into consideration?
    1) 12 team keeper league (cap with aav) keep 15. (Less than 82 GP = protected)
    Fwd G 2pt A 1pt Def G 2pt A 1pt Blk .33 pt Goalies - W 2pt OTL 1pt SO 4pt

F(12): Robertson, J Hughes, Stutzle, Zegras, K. Johnson, Kuzmenko, Tolvanen, Byfield, Cooley, Eklund, Evangelista, Knies
    D(6): Seider, Dahlin, Drysdale, Bouchard, Theodore, Mintyukov
    G(2): Andersen, Oettinger
    Bench (8):
    A Tomasino, Guenther, Coronato
    D Clarke, Boqvist, Drysdale, OEL
    G Levi

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Re: Trading Crosby

I don't mind the Zibanejad offer.... but since his value is so low I would also look for a pick upgrade along with it.

And that is solely cause you are rebuilding for the future and Crosby's value is decreasing significantly in keeper leagues.

Although, I think it might be beneficial to wait until Crosby has a stretch of great games in a row... might prop his value up temporarily.

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    I don't mind the Zibanejad offer.... but since his value is so low I would also look for a pick upgrade along with it.

And that is solely cause you are rebuilding for the future and Crosby's value is decreasing significantly in keeper leagues.

Although, I think it might be beneficial to wait until Crosby has a stretch of great games in a row... might prop his value up temporarily.
    Agree with this, there will be a point during this season where he has 11 points in 7 games or something. He has sliding value right now based on performance as people nervously wonder whether he is on a downward slope or just having a "slow" start.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Initiate

I like the Zibenejad - Seider offer as well and especially if you can get a pick upgrade out of the deal as well given Zibs start so far. I’m not certain how much a hot streak would tilt the scales at this point to add more but it is always possible - it wouldn’t do it for me if I was trading for Crosby. I feel like everyone knows what they’re getting with him at this point. Might just be better to swing the deal.

Thanks for replies. Zib offer was retracted, life happened (I know it sucks) and I didn't hit accept in time. Guy got cold feet I guess.
    The Barzal owner is still interested, love Barzal, great player, but on a defense first Isles team and has to sign in 2 years...not sold.
    Probably going to hold.

Other avenue is we have a mid season draft in this keeper format, could ask other teams for a mid tier player who I could flip for one of the free agents available (Tarasenko/Forsberg/RNH) and ask for a 1st rounder in 2022 (big draft) and a prospect or some extra picks.
    1) 12 team keeper league (cap with aav) keep 15. (Less than 82 GP = protected)
    Fwd G 2pt A 1pt Def G 2pt A 1pt Blk .33 pt Goalies - W 2pt OTL 1pt SO 4pt

F(12): Robertson, J Hughes, Stutzle, Zegras, K. Johnson, Kuzmenko, Tolvanen, Byfield, Cooley, Eklund, Evangelista, Knies
    D(6): Seider, Dahlin, Drysdale, Bouchard, Theodore, Mintyukov
    G(2): Andersen, Oettinger
    Bench (8):
    A Tomasino, Guenther, Coronato
    D Clarke, Boqvist, Drysdale, OEL
    G Levi

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Patty93 View Post
    Thanks for replies. Zib offer was retracted, life happened (I know it sucks) and I didn't hit accept in time. Guy got cold feet I guess.
    The Barzal owner is still interested, love Barzal, great player, but on a defense first Isles team and has to sign in 2 years...not sold.
    Probably going to hold.

Other avenue is we have a mid season draft in this keeper format, could ask other teams for a mid tier player who I could flip for one of the free agents available (Tarasenko/Forsberg/RNH) and ask for a 1st rounder in 2022 (big draft) and a prospect or some extra picks.
    Uh, Barzal is on a defense first team and still pretty offensively splendid bud and very young. if he has to resign in 2 years and goes somewhere more offensive, does that hurt in any way? no
    #1 Yahoo Keep 5, 14 teams
    C, C, RW, LW, F, F, D, D, D, Uti, G, G, BN, BN, BN, BN
    G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, FOW~W, L, GAA, Sv%, saves, SO

McDavid C
    , Kadri C, Zibanejad C, Mackinnon C, Boldy LW/RW, Backlund C, Duchene C/RW, Fantilli C, Batherson LW/RW, Forsberg LW, Zegras C IR, Mintyukov D, Dunn D, Seider D, Hellebucyk G, Kochetkov, Bobrovsky G

Quote Originally Posted by J0e Th0rnton View Post
    Uh, Barzal is on a defense first team and still pretty offensively splendid bud and very young. if he has to resign in 2 years and goes somewhere more offensive, does that hurt in any way? no
    What I meant was if he signs at 10 million or something around that. Don't get me wrong I love Barzal, one of my favorite players in the league, the guy is crazy creative.

Forgot to mention the guy wants picks coming from my side cause he's getting an older player

Dobber Sports Master

Sounds like you’re not trading to contenders if they want picks back. You’re trading the best player of this generation. He’s 33, ok, but still has a lot to give. If it’s taking this much for you to sell him, wait until a hot streak and drive the price up.