Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Schenn Trade Option

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Schenn Trade Option

My RW has been a weak spot of mine all season, I'm looking to improve that to compete better this season (pure rental).

I have done a couple other trades in recent days to bulk up my roster, the Schenn owner is looking for a 2022 pick (4th rounder) + I said I'd have to drop someone to accommodate Schenn so he asked if I could move him whoever I'd be dropping (Oshie, Burakovsky, Gallagher or Kreider).

Thoughts on the deal, and as well who you'd include? I was thinking Gallagher makes the most sense, but they're all similar, I just think MTL is the least exciting from a fantasy perspective.

Schenn I know gets a bump in bangers leagues or ones with faceoffs (mine is points based, with goals weighted higher), but he's at 2.35 fp/g (the other 4 I listed are all sub 2 fp/g, although some have been underperforming slightly (Ie: Gallagher, Kreider until hat trick, etc), but the upgrade to Schenn still gives me a good sized point bump for ROS. My RW will look much more solid once Seguin returns, even if he's a bit rusty to start, but relative to other options I have, and Sorokin or potentially Palat if he falls off would be drop candidates at that time.

Keeper League
    No Salary Cap
    Skt points: A (2), GWG (1), G (3), ShG (1), Hat Trick (1), Overtime Goal (1), +/- (0.5), PPA (0.5), PPG (1), SHA (1), SHG (2)
    Goalie points: A (2), G (10), SHO (4), W (5), OL + ShL (2)
    Keepers: Quinn (4 yr), Leon (3 yr), Seguin/Hall (2 yr), Shesterkin (R)
    C/LW/RW
    Daily
    Starters: C - Draisaitl, Kopitar, LW - Hall, Pacioretty, RW - Gallagher, Oshie, D - Q Hughes, Josi, Skt - Monahan, G - Hellebuyck
    Bench: Palat, Shest, Sorokin, Kreider
    Rookie: Byfield
    IR: Seguin, Bishop

Max GP: C (112), LW (112, RW (112), D (112), Skt (56), Goalie (56)
    1 rookie & 3 IR spots
    14 teams (4 keepers/team + can carry 1 rookie over)
    Fantrax
    Keeper League
    No Salary Cap
    Skt points: A (2), GWG (1), G (3), ShG (1), Hat Trick (1), Overtime Goal (1), +/- (0.5), PPA (0.5), PPG (1), SHA (1), SHG (2)
    Goalie points: A (2), G (10), SHO (4), W (5), OL + ShL (2)
    Keepers: Kaprisov (4 yr), Svechnikov (3 yr), Point (2 yr), P Kane (1 yr)
    C/LW/RW
    Daily
    Starters: C - Horvat, Point, LW - Dubois, Kaprisov, RW - Kane, Svechnikov, D - Montour, Doughty, Skt - Hyman
    Bench: Trocheck, Rakell, Wedgewood, Francouz
    Rookie: Kochetkov
    IR:

Max GP: C (164), LW (164), RW (164), D (164), Skt (82), Goalie (82)
    1 rookie & 3 IR spots
    14 teams (4 keepers/team + can carry 1 rookie over)
    Fantrax

The Great One

Default Re: Schenn Trade Option (Thread in Forwards was Glitching for Me on Mobile vs PC)

Might keep an eye on Tarasenko's return. That could quite possibly bring Schenn's value down a bit. Not sure. Going forward I'd say Burkoavsky is the only win there - the rest are lateral moves at best. And you loose if Tarasenko comes back strong in that RW spot. Then again he might be Tarasenko's C?
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Re: Schenn Trade Option

Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    Might keep an eye on Tarasenko's return. That could quite possibly bring Schenn's value down a bit. Not sure. Going forward I'd say Burkoavsky is the only win there - the rest are lateral moves at best. And you loose if Tarasenko comes back strong in that RW spot. Then again he might be Tarasenko's C?
    You’re saying you’d flip Burakovsky with the pick to get Schenn, vs any of the other guys? Looks like Schenn is centre on Line 2. It doesn’t even look like Tarasensko is back till late Mar if the original report is true, if at all this season. I never thought of that, but I thought based on stats Schenn was an upgrade either way on any of the guys I listed since the Blues have a potent Top 6.

The Great One

I'd only do it for Burkovsky. The other three guys (with a goal premium) are not worth it with a pick. Straight up maybe. Given this situation I'd only go Burakovsky and a pick.
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett

IR:

Dobber Sports Pro

I'd only do it for Burkovsky. The other three guys (with a goal premium) are not worth it with a pick. Straight up maybe. Given this situation I'd only go Burakovsky and a pick.
    He’s in a rebuild, so the player throw in is only because I’d be dropping someone, the pick is the appeal. I appreciate this, while you said keep an eye on tank, since exacts are known yet, do you think for the price that is still good? To me, I don’t see Schenn losing deployment, seems he’s line 2 pp 1 either way, but he’s playing top line minutes already. Plus got to think Tarasenko needs time to get up to speed, and already a shortened season. I see when they went to the Cup final vs Boston they had Tank and Schenn together at least.

It sounds more like you’re not as high on Bura vs the other forwards I have, more so than not liking the fit for Schenn with me hey, like you think the price is fine? I see you called Bura + pick a win.

I was more so worried about Mtl’s spread out scoring, rw depth, and Bura had a good end to last year/playoffs.

The Great One

Burakovsky doesn't see the ice time to be really valuable. Everyone else, even Gally, sees good ice time with good players. Burakovsky is only getting the good PP time and that's it.
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max

IR:

Dobber Sports Pro

Burakovsky doesn't see the ice time to be really valuable. Everyone else, even Gally, sees good ice time with good players. Burakovsky is only getting the good PP time and that's it.
    Ok sounds good, so overall if I flipped Bura + 4th in 2022 for Schenn, you’d consider that an upgrade to my roster? Schenn would slot in to my Rw, then Oshie or Gallagher I’d just stream in until seguin is back. I had heard recently of Bura being a buy low, but his minutes have seemed to drop since then, and he’s more of a pick up if he’s hot, otherwise probably not worth it hey? I drafted him late in the 5th Rd with the hopes of a big year and he started well but has fallen off. I’d just hate to pick the wrong guy to move in a Schenn deal, but I guess have to look at it is I’m still getting best player in deal hey, regardless of anything else?

When healthy, I can roll out:

Kopitar, Draisaitl, Hall, Pacioretty, Schenn, Seguin, Josi, Q Hughes, Monahan, Hellebuyck. Bench: Gallagher, Oshie, Kreider, Palat, Shesterkin.

The Great One

Yes I think that is an upgrade.
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max

IR:

Dobber Sports Pro

Yes I think that is an upgrade.
    Thanks man, I’m not as worried about a pick 2 drafts out, plenty of time to get a pick back, plus 4th rounders you see often a fair number dropped in season, that’s the nature of the draft, keep 4 plus rookie carry over the draft is already watered down, especially so as the draft goes on.

Do you feel Colorado misuses Burakovsky and he’s got bigger upside, or do you think he’s capped based on that team’s set up?

Dobber Sports Pro

I looked at daily face off and Bura is 3rd line/2nd pp, and he averages 125 shots/year, so he needs to shoot 20% to get 25 goals based on his shot rate. 12.8% was his avg before this season/last, and it seems his production spiked last year with Rantanen out, and he had more opportunity at times this year again with Landy out.

For Gallagher, he’s 1st line/2nd pp, and he averages 263 shots/year, so he needs to shoot 10% to get to 25 goals based on his shot rate, which seems a lot more sustainable.

While shots aren’t counted in my league, and Colorado is the better offensive team, I can’t find an argument to move Gallagher over Burakovsky based on the above?

I didn’t look deeper into Kreider and Oshie, but I think they aren’t in consideration to move because they’re both top pp guys + Top 2 lines.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Any of those players included in the deal should lower the pick you need to provide by at least a round. Each one has value the OGM can flip again.
    Gallagher has 30 goal potential. So under performing - there' untapped production sitting there.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    Any of those players included in the deal should lower the pick you need to provide by at least a round. Each one has value the OGM can flip again.
    Gallagher has 30 goal potential. So under performing - there' untapped production sitting there.
    The thing is, I don’t have much leverage, because to add Schenn I need to drop someone anyways. The only way I can acquire Schenn and not move a player is if I drop 2 guys vs 1, so tonight I have to drop sorokin or Rittich, since Patches trade will be going through, then before this new deal goes through In a few nights I’d need to drop another.

What offer do you like most, Burakovsky + 5 for instance? I just told him Bura +5 would be preferred since he could have re sale value, or at least send me a 7 back. I could say I’ll do 4 but don’t want to include a + without anything back on top of Schenn. This guy is a banker or finance type guy so I think he’s good with his numbers lol

Tweetdrivr thinks Schenn is an upgrade for me, and doesn’t mind the 4 + Bura.

Dobber Sports Pro

My team is a bunch of underperformers, also 5th game in row Cant buy a goalie win 🙄

Dobber Sports Pro

Looks like the other gm doesn’t care too much about player being added in, mind you Anderson got hurt tonight, but as an aside he’s not mulling over either Schenn/7 for Bura/4 or just Bura/5 for Schenn.

Dobber Sports Genius

Can you not just trade Seguin? He is hurting you now, he is going to be slow to start and not help much later this season, then you only get to keep him for one more year after this. He is almost negative value to you, but will have positive value to someone who is already looking towards next year.
    - I said... "God damn this tablet is heavy!"