Thread: Goalie pickup

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Goalie pickup

Points only, salary cap, partial keeper. Goalies get 2 for a win, +2 more for a shutout. Weekly lineups.

I have Hart and Koskinen, neither of which are really lighting it up. Koskinen is on a bit of an ok run, 4-2 his last 6, but may share significant time with Smith since his actual stats suck despite getting wins.

Fleury and Driedger are on waiver wire along with a couple others. I have 1 waiver add remaining for the whole season. Thoughts on if either of those guys going to continue to get the number of starts to make them an upgrade over my current guys? I wouldn’t have to drop either of them, I’d drop some forwards.

Thanks for the input

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re: Goalie pickup

If this is your last add for the entire season then both Fleury and Driedger are risky as neither is technically their team's #1 goalie. That said, while you can't drop Hart in a keeper league, I'd ditch Koskinen for literally anyone. The fact that the Oilers keep running out the corpse of Mike Smith over him is telling (though, to be fair, Smith has actually been playing quite well).

If you are looking for value just this season, then I'd grab drop Koskinen for Fleury. Even if his recent play hasn't pushed him into the #1 job, the Golden Knights should split time more evenly between Fleury and Lehner once the latter is back and Vegas will provide more opportunities for wins than the Panthers. If you are looking for future value, then I'd go with Driedger. He's in a somewhat iffy position this season, because the Panthers have ten million reasons to give Bobrovsky every opportunity to solidly grab hold of the #1 job. But Driedger's a free agent at the end of the season, and should be able to sign some place with a legitimate chance to become that team's #1. Actually, if the Panther's were smart, they should trade Driedger and at least recoup something before he leaves in the offseason, and one of the most obvious landing spots for him is Edmonton (that said, a trade to a Canadian team would seriously damage his value for the rest of this season, as he would have to quarantine for two weeks before he could join his new team).

The one factor I haven't considered here is your salary cap. Fleury is making $7 million/season while Driedger's salary for this year is only $850,000 (who knows how much he'll get in free agency, but I wouldn't anticipate teams shelling out tons of money, so he's not going to sign an outrageous contract). Depending on how your cap is applied, this may be something to think about.
    12-Team Yahoo H2H Keeper League (Salary cap for keepers only)

3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 1 UTIL, 2G (6 BN, 6 IR+, 1 NA)
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SOG, HIT, BLK / W, GAA, SV%, SHO

C - S. Aho, M. Beniers, S. Crosby, B. Jenner, L. Stankoven
    LW - C. Caufield, J. Hughes, T. Moore, J. Slafkovsky, O. Tippett
    RW - D. Batherson, C. Keller, A. Lafreniere, S. Reinhart
    D - E. Bouchard, B. Dillon, M. Roy, M. Seider, C. York
    G - J. Binnington, J. Saros, J. Swayman

IR+: T. Demko, T. Hertl, K. Johnson, G. Landeskog, J. Trouba
    NA: B. Othmann

Dobber Sports Monster

Only one add left, I stand pat. I would hold that for injury emergency

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by pmorrow View Post
    This is my train of thought as well. In a season full of Covid, I'd rather hold off and use it for a desperate move. Right now, this is not a desperate move.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by pmorrow View Post
    Agreed. Because an injury will come.