Thread: Tell me about Devon Toews...

The Great One

Default Tell me about Devon Toews...

So I thought I had some pretty good intel last year when the KK guys brought in a NYI expert and explained HOW and WHY torews would be "the guy" for pp time in NYI... and then he goes and gets traded- lol! I also feel like its hard to rely on anymore than two real offensive d-men on any given team and I feel like Makar and GHirardi are probably those guys in Colorado.

That being said he has 7 in 10 games, and is apparently on the first pairing with Makar. I dont know what his pp time looks like though.

Does anyone know if a 40-45 point pace is sustainable froim Toews? That plays bigtime in our formatespecially if he can hover around 2 sogs per game or so. I know dobber land is high on Girard (as am I)- but Im wondering what his actual upside is. Most pundits had him ready to feed to the wolves this year but hes kind of proving naysayers wrong. Can it last???

Dobber Sports Master

Default Re: Tell me about Devon Toews...

I think he’s a good bet for 35-40+ And with his deployment that would be very good. He may also be fodder for Seattle depending on what Colorado does, so that might change things. He’s a good possession player with decent offensive instincts. He’s not as good as Girard at all but he can play in the second pairing as a regular and be an effective enough PPQB.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by agentzero View Post
    I think he’s a good bet for 35-40+ And with his deployment that would be very good. He may also be fodder for Seattle depending on what Colorado does, so that might change things. He’s a good possession player with decent offensive instincts. He’s not as good as Girard at all but he can play in the second pairing as a regular and be an effective enough PPQB.
    Yep all of this. He's just a good all around player who is benefitting from his great situation. I would have thought Graves would be the exposed one in Colorado.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

He's got good offensive skills, but Makar/Girard/Byram he is not.

My current Colroado exposure list has Makar, Girard, and Erik Johnson (NMC) protected. If they can't get Johnson off the roster or to waive his NMC, then both Toews & Graves should be left unprotected, as they can only lose one, and they may lose a goalie.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    He's got good offensive skills, but Makar/Girard/Byram he is not.

My current Colroado exposure list has Makar, Girard, and Erik Johnson (NMC) protected. If they can't get Johnson off the roster or to waive his NMC, then both Toews & Graves should be left unprotected, as they can only lose one, and they may lose a goalie.
    Riiiight forgot about the NMC for EJ. Detroit would love to take on that contract.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Riiiight forgot about the NMC for EJ. Detroit would love to take on that contract.
    They could protect 4 D, but that would leave them thinner up front, only keeping 4 F, at least Landeskog & Saad are UFA, so no need to protect, unless they sign first. I've got them keeping 3 D, protecting Landeskog, but not Saad.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    They could protect 4 D, but that would leave them thinner up front, only keeping 4 F, at least Landeskog & Saad are UFA, so no need to protect, unless they sign first. I've got them keeping 3 D, protecting Landeskog, but not Saad.
    They should just have a handshake deal with their captain to get him to UFA and save a protection spot. Re-sign him straight afterwards.
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Veteran

He's got a big shot. I think he's playing PP2 for Col and getting some goals at even strength. I don't think he'll score at this pace for the rest of the season. Better than average second D option.
    10 Team Limited Keeper (Keep 8) Points Only
    SALARY CAP (Player Salaries) League
    20 Player Teams = 12 Fwd 6 D 2 G

My team: ???