Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Tiger Woods Accident

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Re: Tiger Woods Accident

Generally in the USA if you're in a solo accident where nobody gets hurt (or you only hurt yourself) police officers generally don't ticket you in addition to the accident. It's likely because the officer determined that the accident and any injury caused is lesson enough and in my opinion that is the right decision and entirely within the officer's discretion to do so. This isn't a race thing - or a famous person thing - this is pretty standard police behavior. The car is totaled and he will likely not play professional golf again - is this not punishment enough? I mean, what are they going to do, give him a reckless driving or speeding ticket -- That's like a few hundred dollar fine. You guys need to back off this heavy handed impact of the law bs -- Woods received an @ss kicking by life for his poor decisions.

Dobber Sports All-Star

Default Re: Tiger Woods Accident

Quote Originally Posted by FFleming5 View Post
    Generally in the USA if you're in a solo accident where nobody gets hurt (or you only hurt yourself) police officers generally don't ticket you in addition to the accident. It's likely because the officer determined that the accident and any injury caused is lesson enough and in my opinion that is the right decision and entirely within the officer's discretion to do so. This isn't a race thing - or a famous person thing - this is pretty standard police behavior. The car is totaled and he will likely not play professional golf again - is this not punishment enough? I mean, what are they going to do, give him a reckless driving or speeding ticket -- That's like a few hundred dollar fine. You guys need to back off this heavy handed impact of the law bs -- Woods received an @ss kicking by life for his poor decisions.
    I agree with a lot of this, but I still would argue that some time of drivers licence suspension would be fully warranted. Who to say that next time bitter non able to golf anymore Tiger gets behind the wheel he doesn't perform the same reckless action only this time he kills a a young family in the process.
    KHL Fantasy Hockey League Keep 8
    3-C 3-RW 3-LW 6-D 2-G

Forward 5-G 3-A 1.0 STP
    D-Men 6-G 4-A 1.5 STP
    .35 Shot .4 Hit .4 Block .1 FOW
    Goalie 6.5 Win .25 Save -2.5 GA 2-SO

C- Larkin, Hischer, Horvat, R. Thomas
    LW- Stamkos, Hyman, Kreider, Lehkonen,
    RW- Laine, Marchessault, Toffoli. Buchnevich
    D- Doughty, Burns, Letang, Andersson (IR), Faulk, Toews, Pionk, Petry
    G- Vasilevskiy, Copley, Andersen