Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Hart for Price+

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Hart for Price+

Another GM in my league has put Carter Hart on the trading block, and made me an offer, because I have expressed interest in the past. I really like Hart, and in general, think this is a great time to buy low on him. The following trade was proposed to me:

My: Price, J. Hughes, and 2nd

for

His: Hart, Danault, and 7th

I'm not a fan of the trade, but am definitely interested in acquiring Hart if possible. He is a Habs fan, and Price will definitely be a part of the return if we can make a deal. But I am not overly interested in moving Hughes, especially for Danault (who is basically a throw-in to keep the deal even). With regards to the picks, we are a 12 team/keep 15 league, so the 2nd round pick is really an opportunity to grab a player ranked 190-200 in our league (most worthwhile rookies go in the first round). So while I'd rather not move a high pick, it isn't a deal breaker for me. Team/league details in sig.

Throwing it out there, what are your thoughts? How do you view this deal, and what would you counter with? My focus is on getting Hart, but for context, some of his key forwards that would interest me in a larger deal are:

JT Miller
    Boeser
    Ehlers
    Lafreniere
    Dubois
    Horvat
    Bjorkstrand
    12 Teams, 23 Players (max 3 goalies), H2H, Keep 15 (max 2 goalies)
    2C, 2RW, 2LW, 2F, 1U, 4D, 2G, 8 Bench, 2 IR+
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, HIT, BLK, W, SV, SV%, SHO

Keepers:
    C - Matthews, Eichel, Hughes (LW), Pettersson
    LW - Kaprizov, Svechnikov (RW), Guentzel, Fiala, Keller (RW)
    RW - Marner, Meier (LW), Laine(C/LW), Jarvis (C)
    D - Dahlin​, Sergachev, Theodore, Klingberg, Werenski, Peeke, Cernak
    G - Shesterkin, Sorokin, Merzlikins
    IR - Pacioretty, Ristolainen

2023 Draft Picks: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8

**2021/22 League Champion**

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: Hart for Price+

Hughes & Price is too much. I like Danault, and he's underrated, but he's not a core piece.

Maybe ask for Lafreniere back if you give Hughes
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    Hughes & Price is too much. I like Danault, and he's underrated, but he's not a core piece.

Maybe ask for Lafreniere back if you give Hughes
    I tried for Lafreniere and the answer was a hard no, but the counter is now:

My Price, J. Hughes, and 3rd.

for

His Hart, Dubois, and 5th.

Keepers:

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Smurf54 View Post

for

In a keeper league, this is a pretty fair trade IMO.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    In a keeper league, this is a pretty fair trade IMO.
    I agree, it's not that Bad.. Price is not what he used to be and doesn't look to be trending back that way..
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

for

I would be all over this deal. For as much as goalies are voodoo, you likely have your Price replacement right there. Your goalie lineup looks unreal for the future, and PLD is a major upgrade on Danault imo. It sucks giving up Hughes but I think it’s a decent deal that helps set your goalies long term.
    8 Team Dynasty - G/A/plusminus/PPP/SHP/SOG/FW/HIT/BLK ——
    W/SV%/SV/SO
    C: A. Matthews, E Pettersson, V Trocheck, A Kopitar, C Mittelstadt,
    LW: B Marchand, B Tkachuk, K Kaprizov, J Huberdeau, V Nichushkin, E Kane, J McCann
    RW: D Pastrnak, W Nylander, JT Miller, T Meier, Z Hyman, R Hartman
    D: Q Hughes, B Burns, D Nurse, M Matheson, K Letang, B McNabb
    G: D Kuemper, V Vanecek, J Woll
    IR: L Couture, L Schenn
    NA: P Kochetkov

Dobber Sports Veteran

I actually prefer having Price, J. Hughes, and 3rd. side. Having this for the next 3 years instead of Hart and PLD. Hart could be a decent starter in this league but I think that hes overated.
    Devils & Predators fan

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by j0hn_d0e View Post
    I actually prefer having Price, J. Hughes, and 3rd. side. Having this for the next 3 years instead of Hart and PLD. Hart could be a decent starter in this league but I think that hes overated.
    Funny because that's how I'm feeling about Price now.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Master

How things change... Price was a force. A wall 4-5 years ago. Injuries did him in. He has sparks now and again... but the overall body of work is sadly not the same.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Funny because that's how I'm feeling about Price now.
    Quote Originally Posted by agentzero View Post
    How things change... Price was a force. A wall 4-5 years ago. Injuries did him in. He has sparks now and again... but the overall body of work is sadly not the same.
    Vasilevsky is probably the only one goalie that you can rely on. Every other goalie has some flaws. That could be talent related - the goalie potential or that could be related to the team infront of him. Both Price and Hard are playing infront of teams that have some flaws while I think that Tampa is great in every aspect. So Im confidently saying that Vasilevsky is the only goalie that you can rely on for 2+ seasons.. He is being great for how many seasons now? And he has some more left. While every single other goale I just cant see myself trusting for more than 2 years span.
    Devils & Predators fan

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by j0hn_d0e View Post
    Vasilevsky is probably the only one goalie that you can rely on. Every other goalie has some flaws. That could be talent related - the goalie potential or that could be related to the team infront of him. Both Price and Hard are playing infront of teams that have some flaws while I think that Tampa is great in every aspect. So Im confidently saying that Vasilevsky is the only goalie that you can rely on for 2+ seasons.. He is being great for how many seasons now? And he has some more left. While every single other goale I just cant see myself trusting for more than 2 years span.
    This is exactly how I feel. Never used to be that way... Teams don't play defense like they used to.. wonder if the shrinking of the pads had an effect... It's how the league wants it which, whatever, it's fine, but the standard by which we measure goalies should probably change with this.. and it hasn't yet.
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Initiate

I don’t like the deal either - I feel like I’ve always lost when trading an up and coming great forward for a goalie. I’d just look elsewhere in net... unless you really need a goalie to win this year. I’d much rather hold onto Price and hope Montch and Price rebound from this downswing and wait for Shest and Sorokin than trade Hughes for Hart... you have some great future goalies already - I don’t see a need to make this trade

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by agentzero View Post
    This is exactly how I feel. Never used to be that way... Teams don't play defense like they used to.. wonder if the shrinking of the pads had an effect... It's how the league wants it which, whatever, it's fine, but the standard by which we measure goalies should probably change with this.. and it hasn't yet.
    Totally right. And btw since our last conversation Vasilevskiy picked two SOs in two starts! Making it 3 shutouts in a row.
    Devils & Predators fan

Ultimately I decided to pump the breaks on this deal. But may circle back at some point.

I'm a big fan of Shesterkin, who is definitely a keeper for me. I'll wait and see on Sorokin/Price when considering who will be my other keeper moving forward.

I am now in a conversation with a rebuilding GM about Rask. Return may involve Teravainen and Murray (could be other minor pieces going either way), but I can afford to move a winger to upgrade my goaltending. We'll see where it goes!

Keepers:

Dobber Sports Ace

Ultimately I decided to pump the breaks on this deal. But may circle back at some point.

I'm a big fan of Shesterkin, who is definitely a keeper for me. I'll wait and see on Sorokin/Price when considering who will be my other keeper moving forward.

I am now in a conversation with a rebuilding GM about Rask. Return may involve Teravainen and Murray (could be other minor pieces going either way), but I can afford to move a winger to upgrade my goaltending. We'll see where it goes!
    i'd hold on Rask, news is he could retire at the end of the season, unless you're only looking at Rask for this season
    12 Team H2H Keep 4

2 C, 4 W, 4 D, 2 UTIL, 2 G
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SOG, FW: W, SV%, GAA

C: Barkov, Eichel
    W: Connor
    D:
    G: Sorokin
    ​IR:
    NA: