Thread: Suggestions on my team?

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Suggestions on my team?

Well, this was supposed to be a rebuild year for me but I am currently in 2nd place in my league and feel like I could make some moves to keep my team winning. I feel like my team is trash but I keep winning somehow.

12 Team H2H
    G,A,PPP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK, W, GAA, SV%, SO.

My current team is:

Norris- C
    Danault- C
    Bergeron-C
    Lindholm- C,RW
    Batherson- RW
    Teravainen- LW,RW
    Coleman- LW, RW
    N. Foligno- LW,RW
    Tanev- LW, RW
    Olofsson- LW, RW
    Palat- LW
    Panarin- LW
    Ekblad
    Hedman
    Muzzin
    Hamilton
    Hakanpaa
    Gibson

Any suggestions on what type of player I should try to acquire? Thanks

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re: Suggestions on my team?

Props for winning with that combination of players; Without knowing how many keepers you have; my recommendation would be to try to upgrade there.
    From what I see;
    Solid Keepers - Panarin, Hedman
    Fringe Keepers - Bergeron, Ekblad, Hamilton, Gibson
    Long Shot Keepers - Teravainen, Lindholm

If you want to go for it; trade some picks, and try to get some more long-shot / fringe level keepers, and go into rebuild mode again next season. Or potentially look to move some picks and your fringe players for more solid keepers, setting you up for more success for seasons to come while still going for it.

Sadly, I don't think you got much selling power in your roster as it currently looks.

I guess it all comes down to how many players you are keeping, and how many picks are available for trading.
    12 Team - Dynasty H2H Category
    Skaters CAT: G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG
    Goalies CAT: W, L, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO
    Roster: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 5D, Util, 2G, 5BN, 3IR

C: Crosby, Stuetzle, RNH, Couturier
    LW: Ovechkin, Guentzel, Toffoli, Knies
    RW: Fiala, Perron, DeBrusk, Zuccarello
    D: Seider, Hronek, Pietrangelo, Heiskanen, McAvoy, Chychrun
    Util: Ekholm
    G: Vanecek, Gustavsson, UPL, Lyon, Forsburg
    Blue = Bench / Red = IR
    (Also in 2x 1-yr leagues but they aren't important)

Dobber Sports Novice

We are allowed 5 keepers. We have 18 draft picks and I have all of mine available so I will try and move some of those for more solid players. I am just as surprised that my roster is somehow winning.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by mcookson View Post
    We are allowed 5 keepers. We have 18 draft picks and I have all of mine available so I will try and move some of those for more solid players. I am just as surprised that my roster is somehow winning.
    It probably won't. However, I've seen rosters like this beat stacked teams with hot years from guys like nick foligno, Dustin brown etc. So I would just look to upgrade cheaply, without giving up any major picks/futures as most likely, you fall down the standings. Take some fliers on slumping guys etc, or any upgrades you can get for low picks. You will probably have to wait as its still reasonably early. I'd also wait to see if people start coming to you so you are dealing from strength. If no deal makes sense, just hope for the best but I wouldn't bet the farm on that team unless you got some no brainer trades...