Thread: Thoughts on this trade

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Thoughts on this trade

My Markstrom +3rd rd pick for Hellebuyck and Pacioretty.

I acquired Monahan yesterday + 7th rd pick for a 4th, so right now my picks are: 1-2-3-3-5-6-7-7-8. If I move a 3, I’m down 1 pick in the first 6 rounds, since I have no 4 now, but pacioretty definitely would upgrade my lineup (rental guy). I’m roughly 30 pts out of the money, and I’ll have Seguin hopefully returning in early April.

The Great One

Default Re: Thoughts on this trade

This is a keeper league? 30 pts out is meaningless if we don't see your set-up. I assume it means you're still in it as you are trading futures (both the Monahan trade and this Pacioretty trade) for help now.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    This is a keeper league? 30 pts out is meaningless if we don't see your set-up. I assume it means you're still in it as you are trading futures (both the Monahan trade and this Pacioretty trade) for help now.
    I have a signature here but for some reason it doesn’t show when I post from my phone? Yes I still consider myself in it, 30-40 pts isn’t insurmountable to me, especially with Seguin hopefully boosting my team come Apr.

The Great One

Pretty even trade that helps you now and mortgages the future a little.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    Pretty even trade that helps you now and mortgages the future a little.
    True, I think I can afford to considering my pick situation though. Another option is to go after Patches alone and keep Marky, or go for Schenn/Grubauer instead? Would be nice to get a goalie from a different division.

Dobber Sports Superstar

More context would help regarding league format, keepers and what 30 points actually means. (1230 vs 1200 is very different than 90 vs 60, the former being much easier to overcome).

Regardless, if you are still competing, you get a goalie upgrade and a strong F for a 3rd round pick. Keeper wise, Hellebyuck is arguably one of the better goalie keepers, so that's an upgrade as well. Seems to me like it's worthwhile trade if you think you can get into the money.

As an aside, I wouldn't bank too much on Seguin coming back strong to help you down the stretch. I would imagine he starts slow and doesn't provide strong contributions returning from injury.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Kofax View Post
    More context would help regarding league format, keepers and what 30 points actually means. (1230 vs 1200 is very different than 90 vs 60, the former being much easier to overcome).

Regardless, if you are still competing, you get a goalie upgrade and a strong F for a 3rd round pick. Keeper wise, Hellebyuck is arguably one of the better goalie keepers, so that's an upgrade as well. Seems to me like it's worthwhile trade if you think you can get into the money.

As an aside, I wouldn't bank too much on Seguin coming back strong to help you down the stretch. I would imagine he starts slow and doesn't provide strong contributions returning from injury.
    I wouldn’t be keeping either guy, this is strictly a rental as I don’t have any expiring contracts after this season, so my keepers are set for next year barring potential deals after the season. But good to know you like Hellebuyck more than Marky. I grabbed Rittich temporarily as I’m not sure on Marky’s status or if I’m moving him yet. What do you think of going after Schenn/Grubauer instead of the deal I mentioned here?

I’m definitely not expecting much from Seguin, just think he’s still better than my more fringe guys, so can’t hurt

Since I’ve been on my phone, when I get on my computer I’ll post my signature for reference!

Dobber Sports Pro

League details for reference (and taking into account trades)

Keeper League
    No Salary Cap
    Skt points: A (2), GWG (1), G (3), ShG (1), Hat Trick (1), Overtime Goal (1), +/- (0.5), PPA (0.5), PPG (1), SHA (1), SHG (2)
    Goalie points: A (2), G (10), SHO (4), W (5), OL + ShL (2)
    Keepers: Quinn (4 yr), Leon (3 yr), Seguin/Hall (2 yr), Shesterkin (R)
    C/LW/RW
    Daily
    Starters: C - Draisaitl, Kopitar, LW - Hall, Pacioretty, RW - Gallagher, Oshie, D - Q Hughes, Josi, Skt - Monahan, G - Hellebuyck
    Bench: Palat, Shest, Sorokin, Rittich
    Rookie: Byfield
    IR: Seguin, Bishop

Max GP: C (112), LW (112, RW (112), D (112), Skt (56), Goalie (56)
    1 rookie & 3 IR spots
    14 teams (4 keepers/team + can carry 1 rookie over)
    Fantrax

I could stand to improve RW, I've already moved a couple picks. I can probably still swing something for Brayden Schenn, he'd slot in nice but I'd probably be looking to move a 2022 pick now, or I could try to flip Kopitar for a rw producing similarly, that might be my best bet, sell on his really good numbers, as he'll probably come down to earth some.

Overall thoughts on my squad would be great, I definitely have some underperformers, but I have a lot of big names too.
    Keeper League
    No Salary Cap
    Skt points: A (2), GWG (1), G (3), ShG (1), Hat Trick (1), Overtime Goal (1), +/- (0.5), PPA (0.5), PPG (1), SHA (1), SHG (2)
    Goalie points: A (2), G (10), SHO (4), W (5), OL + ShL (2)
    Keepers: Kaprisov (4 yr), Svechnikov (3 yr), Point (2 yr), P Kane (1 yr)
    C/LW/RW
    Daily
    Starters: C - Horvat, Point, LW - Dubois, Kaprisov, RW - Kane, Svechnikov, D - Montour, Doughty, Skt - Hyman
    Bench: Trocheck, Rakell, Wedgewood, Francouz
    Rookie: Kochetkov
    IR:

Max GP: C (164), LW (164), RW (164), D (164), Skt (82), Goalie (82)
    1 rookie & 3 IR spots
    14 teams (4 keepers/team + can carry 1 rookie over)
    Fantrax

Dobber Sports Stud

I like that trade. And I'd be moving 2021 picks over 2022 if I was you. Just my 2 cents

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by HonkyTonkMan View Post
    I like that trade. And I'd be moving 2021 picks over 2022 if I was you. Just my 2 cents
    Thanks! And I’m not moving anything super high, I had an extra 3 in 2021 so moved my lower 3rd, I’m short a 4th and have two 7ths, for 2022 I have all my picks. What do you think I should do regarding my rw?

Also, we're a Keep 4 plus rookie carry-over, so a couple or 3 rookies go in first round, but that's about it, we don't have a farm or anything, and we're a limited keeper, so there isn't an advantage to keeping 2022 picks vs 2021, if you're referring to draft strength or something, and also my team is competitive right now.

I so happen to have moved 2021 picks, but that's just how the deals shook down, and can always try to re-coupe picks later, plus I had an extra 3rd, so I moved out a 3/4, and I got back a 7, if you look at the sum of the deals I mentioned.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

If he takes this deal see what else you can fleece from him as this is an absolute steal. Might as well see if you can upgrade everything.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by HRM Fantasy Fan View Post
    If he takes this deal see what else you can fleece from him as this is an absolute steal. Might as well see if you can upgrade everything.
    I definitely didn’t fleece him, and there aren’t really any other trades with this particular team. Glad to see you think was a good trade though.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by LeafsFan1967 View Post
    I definitely didn’t fleece him, and there aren’t really any other trades with this particular team. Glad to see you think was a good trade though.
    I think Helle is a good upgrade over Marky for sure. Winnipeg should be stronger going forward than Cgy in my opinion. A 3rd for Pacioretty seems like a steal to me (without knowing the fine details of your league).

Whether or not it's a 'steal', I can't see you losing this deal.