Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 18

Thread: Hischer for my 3rd round

  1. #1
    TheDard's Avatar
    TheDard is offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    457
    Location
    Saskatchewan
    Rep Power
    12

    Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

    Default Hischer for my 3rd round

    Not for team in signature.
    16 team league, keep 10
    G, A, SOG, +/-, PPG, PPP, PIMS, Hits, W, GA, GAA, SV, SV%, and shutouts

    I've been offered Nico Hischer and a 14th round pick for my 3rd round pick.

    I am currently in last place and the team is weak some: E Kane, K Kaprizov, D Larkin, R Hintz,M Rantanen, J Donskoi, E Kuznetsov, N Hoglander, C Atkinson, M Appleton, J Josi, A Ekblad, R Anderson, T Chabot, E Gustafsson, M Heiskanen, E Merzlikins, C Dreigder, J Korpisalo.
    I just took this team over a couple days ago.

    Kind of like this trade or am I just a little too hung up on Hischer.
    12 team Fantasy Card Hockey League(played on a game board). (Use players stats from the previous NHL season(ex: 2019-20 NHL stats will be used for our 2020-21 season))

    My roster:
    Forwards: M Scheifele, A Barkov, J Huberdeau, A Panarin, S Aho, P Kane, S Crosby, N Ehlers, PL Dubois R Getzlaf, F Vatrano, N Gusev, T Toffoli, K Labanc, D Gurianov H Borgstrom, J Eriksson Ek, C Coyle, F Zadina, A Saarela, J Kyrou, I Lundstrom
    Defence: C Makar, A Ekblad, J Carlson, A Boqvist, T Chabot, J Brodin, F Hronek, L Hajek, D Orlov, P Myers,
    H Lindholm, Mike Reilly,
    Goalies: D Kuemper, C Hart, M Blackwood, J Gibson, C Dreidger, A Hill, A Nilsson

  2. #2
    Rep Power
    7

    Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

    Default Re: Hischer for my 3rd round

    Would Nico be a keeper? I count probably 9 keepers already for you. He may take on a secondary role with Hughes producing so you might want to wait a few games for him to get his legs back under him. 3rd for him might be a little steep if you are looking to rebuild.
    Team 1:
    H2H Keep 4. No keeper restrictions (bold)

    2 C, 4 W, 4 D, 2 UTIL, 2 G
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SOG, FW: W, SV%, GAA

    C: Barkov, Hyman (W), Hischier, Eller
    W: Gaudreau, Connor, Gallagher, Fiala, Palat, Labanc
    D: Letang, Dahlin, McAvoy
    G: Khudobin, Bob
    IR: Seguin, Bishop, Markstrom

    Team 2:
    H2H Keep 6.

    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 5 D, 1 UTIL, 2 G
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, BLK: W, SV%, GAA, SO

    C: Larkin, Barkov, Scheifele, Kopitar, Couturier
    LW: Gaudreau (RW), Huberdeau, Guenztel (RW)
    RW: Ehlers (LW), Pastrnak, Fiala (LW), DeBrincat (LW), Lindholm (C)
    D: Jones, Barrie, Martinez, Theodore
    G: Andersen, Reimer, Samsonov
    IR: Kucherov

  3. #3
    TheDard's Avatar
    TheDard is offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    457
    Location
    Saskatchewan
    Rep Power
    12

    Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

    Default Re: Hischer for my 3rd round

    I would be doing a rebuild. If I had Hischer good chance he would be a keeper for me.
    Also I would need to drop a player to add Hischer to my roster.
    So I am looking dropping Donskoi, Appleton or Gustafsson.

  4. #4
    GinFizz's Avatar
    GinFizz is offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    1,402
    Rep Power
    26

    Dobber Sports Ace

    Default Re: Hischer for my 3rd round

    i would accept. just me and full disclosure, im a Nico owner

    WHL - World Hockey League (24 Team - Daily H2H)

    Maine Moose 2021-2022

    2019 WHL GM of the Year #Supersoft

  5. #5
    Location
    Rapid City, SD
    Rep Power
    45

    Dobber Sports Genius

    Default Re: Hischer for my 3rd round

    I'd counter to narrow the pick gap a little...like a 6th and a 10th. Something like that. I like the idea of adding Hischier.

    Just out of curiosity who do you feel you keepers currently are?
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    6 F, 4 D - 65 max; roster 3 G max - 90 games max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,GAA,Saves

    F: Matthews, Garland, Marner, RNH, Barkov, Palat
    D: Makar, Dahlin, Theodore, Zaitsev
    G: Talbot, Samsonov, Allen

    IR:

    Bench: Suzuki, Zaitsev, Smith

  6. #6
    Rep Power
    0

    Dobber Sports Sophomore

    Default Re: Hischer for my 3rd round

    Quote Originally Posted by Blues_fan1000 View Post
    He may take on a secondary role with Hughes producing so you might want to wait a few games for him to get his legs back under him. 3rd for him might be a little steep if you are looking to rebuild.
    I agree with this sentiment as well. A 3rd may be a little steep at the moment; and Hughes being bumped into the number 1 role currently, tough to say if Hischier will fully rebound. Being he is coming off injury, etc. you may be able to buy him with a lower pick, like a 5-6th. That's what I would try at least.
    10 Team - Keep 5 - Category H2H
    Skaters: G,A,STP,SOG,TOI,HITS,BLKS
    Goalies: Winx2+OTL+SHL, Sv%, SO
    Start: 3C,3LW,3RW,4D,2G - Bench of 4
    C- MacKinnon, Zibanejad, Malkin
    LW-J. Hughes, Rust, Fiala
    RW- Svechnikov, Zuccarello, Konency
    D- Dahlin, Weber, Martinez, Werenski
    G- Vasilevskiy, Andersen
    Bench- Necas, Dumba, Hall, Halak
    IR-
    Picks- 2,4,6,8,9,10,10,11,12,12,12,13,14,14
    Selling my future... Going All In... Why Not

  7. #7
    TheDard's Avatar
    TheDard is offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    457
    Location
    Saskatchewan
    Rep Power
    12

    Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

    Default Re: Hischer for my 3rd round

    Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    I'd counter to narrow the pick gap a little...like a 6th and a 10th. Something like that. I like the idea of adding Hischier.

    Just out of curiosity who do you feel you keepers currently are?
    My thoughts towards who my keepers could be are
    Larkin, E Kane, Kaprizov, Rantanen, Kuznetsov, Josi, Chabot, Heiskanen, Merzlikins, and my last 2 spots I am between Ekblad, Rasmus Anderson, Hintz, Hoglander and Dreidger.

    Also on the fence about Kuznetsov.

  8. #8
    Location
    Rapid City, SD
    Rep Power
    45

    Dobber Sports Genius

    Default Re: Hischer for my 3rd round

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDard View Post
    My thoughts towards who my keepers could be are
    Larkin, E Kane, Kaprizov, Rantanen, Kuznetsov, Josi, Chabot, Heiskanen, Merzlikins, and my last 2 spots I am between Ekblad, Rasmus Anderson, Hintz, Hoglander and Dreidger.

    Also on the fence about Kuznetsov.
    So Hischier would slot in there somewhere. I personally do not like keeping goalies in a limited keeper. Unless they are maybe a Vasilevsky level lock to start and be good. Andersen, Kuznetsov, Hoglander, Ekblad, Hintz....all not keeper worthy or at least less so than Hischier. Hesikanen and Josi are also showing some pretty alarming underlying numbers this year. And I'd keep Driedger over Merzlikins.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    6 F, 4 D - 65 max; roster 3 G max - 90 games max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,GAA,Saves

    F: Matthews, Garland, Marner, RNH, Barkov, Palat
    D: Makar, Dahlin, Theodore, Zaitsev
    G: Talbot, Samsonov, Allen

    IR:

    Bench: Suzuki, Zaitsev, Smith

  9. #9
    Kofax's Avatar
    Kofax is offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    5,043
    Rep Power
    50

    Dobber Sports Superstar

    Default Re: Hischer for my 3rd round

    To me this is a no brainer to accept and slot Hischier in to your keepers.

    Am I not understanding where the pick is? 3rd round of a keeper re-draft doesn't seem to me like it would have significant value, so getting a keeper upgrade for that makes a lot of sense. I'm assuming you probably won't be competing next year either, at which point a lower quality team is better.

  10. #10
    TheDard's Avatar
    TheDard is offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    457
    Location
    Saskatchewan
    Rep Power
    12

    Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

    Default Re: Hischer for my 3rd round

    Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    So Hischier would slot in there somewhere. I personally do not like keeping goalies in a limited keeper. Unless they are maybe a Vasilevsky level lock to start and be good. Andersen, Kuznetsov, Hoglander, Ekblad, Hintz....all not keeper worthy or at least less so than Hischier. Hesikanen and Josi are also showing some pretty alarming underlying numbers this year. And I'd keep Driedger over Merzlikins.
    The reason I would keep a goalie is because the scoring cats represent 40% of our scoring categories and there are 16 teams. So may not be too many top goalies available.
    I've been offered trades for Josi. None have been really struck me as a lock for a good trade, close though.

  11. #11
    TheDard's Avatar
    TheDard is offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    457
    Location
    Saskatchewan
    Rep Power
    12

    Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

    Default Re: Hischer for my 3rd round

    Quote Originally Posted by Kofax View Post
    To me this is a no brainer to accept and slot Hischier in to your keepers.

    Am I not understanding where the pick is? 3rd round of a keeper re-draft doesn't seem to me like it would have significant value, so getting a keeper upgrade for that makes a lot of sense. I'm assuming you probably won't be competing next year either, at which point a lower quality team is better.
    Yes 3rd round of the redraft.
    However just found out the league format for keepers and draft rounds hasn't been officially set.

  12. #12
    TheDard's Avatar
    TheDard is offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    457
    Location
    Saskatchewan
    Rep Power
    12

    Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

    Default Re: Hischer for my 3rd round

    Quote Originally Posted by Kofax View Post
    To me this is a no brainer to accept and slot Hischier in to your keepers.

    Am I not understanding where the pick is? 3rd round of a keeper re-draft doesn't seem to me like it would have significant value, so getting a keeper upgrade for that makes a lot of sense. I'm assuming you probably won't be competing next year either, at which point a lower quality team is better.
    Well trade is in for league approval.
    However I am only trading him a 5th round pick. Still getting Hischer and his 14th round pick.

    Maybe could have gotten his pick to be 2 or 3 rounds better, but feel like I still have a good trade.

  13. #13
    Location
    Rapid City, SD
    Rep Power
    45

    Dobber Sports Genius

    Default Re: Hischer for my 3rd round

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDard View Post
    Well trade is in for league approval.
    However I am only trading him a 5th round pick. Still getting Hischer and his 14th round pick.

    Maybe could have gotten his pick to be 2 or 3 rounds better, but feel like I still have a good trade.
    Well done. I think you did fine here.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    6 F, 4 D - 65 max; roster 3 G max - 90 games max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,GAA,Saves

    F: Matthews, Garland, Marner, RNH, Barkov, Palat
    D: Makar, Dahlin, Theodore, Zaitsev
    G: Talbot, Samsonov, Allen

    IR:

    Bench: Suzuki, Zaitsev, Smith

  14. #14
    Kofax's Avatar
    Kofax is offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    5,043
    Rep Power
    50

    Dobber Sports Superstar

    Default Re: Hischer for my 3rd round

    Hischier and a 14th for a 5th?

    Unless his team is really stacked, I can't fathom why bother making this trade. I can't see as anything other than a big win for you.

  15. #15
    TheDard's Avatar
    TheDard is offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    457
    Location
    Saskatchewan
    Rep Power
    12

    Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

    Default Re: Hischer for my 3rd round

    Quote Originally Posted by Kofax View Post
    Hischier and a 14th for a 5th?

    Unless his team is really stacked, I can't fathom why bother making this trade. I can't see as anything other than a big win for you.
    I did find out that this GM wanted to get a FA dman. Not sure who he's looking at.
    But I am happy with the result.
    12 team Fantasy Card Hockey League(played on a game board). (Use players stats from the previous NHL season(ex: 2019-20 NHL stats will be used for our 2020-21 season))

    My roster:
    Forwards: M Scheifele, A Barkov, J Huberdeau, A Panarin, S Aho, P Kane, S Crosby, N Ehlers, PL Dubois R Getzlaf, F Vatrano, N Gusev, T Toffoli, K Labanc, D Gurianov H Borgstrom, J Eriksson Ek, C Coyle, F Zadina, A Saarela, J Kyrou, I Lundstrom
    Defence: C Makar, A Ekblad, J Carlson, A Boqvist, T Chabot, J Brodin, F Hronek, L Hajek, D Orlov, P Myers,
    H Lindholm, Mike Reilly,
    Goalies: D Kuemper, C Hart, M Blackwood, J Gibson, C Dreidger, A Hill, A Nilsson

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •