Thread: Pick up Jarry?

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Pick up Jarry?

Hi everyone,

Tristan Jarry is available in my league for a pick-up. I've got 4 goalies and am rotating them, so my GP will be at the max. I'm thinking of swapping out Jake Allan and picking up Jarry for this year only. I was thinking that Jarry would be a bigger trade chip at the end of the year (Allan is a drop), but Allan's FPG is higher and I don't need the extra games. I think Montreal will have an easier time getting wins in the Canadian division, and Price is getting more time off. The Penguins have struggled (and Jarry has too but is recently rebounding nicely) and their opponents are tougher.

I'm competing for the title so every point counts, so I'm torn between Allan's higher fantasy points per game, and Jarry's role as a starter and better trade bait.

Thoughts?
    Team 1:
    J Hughes, Cooley (r), Bratt, Laine, M Tkachuk, Necas, A Svechnikov, S Jarvis, M Michkov (r), W Johnston, Zegras, Giroux, Norris, Couturier, B Jenner, T Krug, Burns, M Weegar, Werenski, Sergachev, B Clarke (r), Theodore, Sorokin , Oettinger, Askarov (r), Ersson
    12 teams, No salary cap
    Keep 14 plus 4 rookies (under 150 GP) max 18 players
    Scoring: G (1), A (1), +/- (0.25), H (0.1), B(0.1), PIM (0.1), SOG (0.1), GWG (1), PPP (1), SHP (1),
    Goalies: W (2), SO (3), GA (-0.5), OTL (1), SV (0.1)

Dobber Sports Immortal

Default Re: Pick up Jarry?

I'd probably rather own Allen over Kahkonen....but if you need him for your Rookie spot then yes I would grab Jarry here.

Dobber Sports Icon

Jarry is the only starter of the bunch. Allen plays once every 4 games, Kahkonen is about to be replaced by Talbot so Jarry is the one I'd prefer.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Even with the rotation I have I will hit the max GP, so it's more about who will win more. I play Vasilevsky and rotate the others depending on their opponent. Jarry's FPG is 2.1, Allan's is 3.13 and Kahkonen's is 2.34 with all three having similar total points in my league. My thinking was that Allan is in a easier division and even though he plays less, he's more likely to get wins. But it's a good point about Kahkonen. i was looking to trade him to a team that needs a rookie goalie, but I think Jarry is more likely to win than him, and he has a higher name value.
    Thanks!
    Team 1:
    J Hughes, Cooley (r), Bratt, Laine, M Tkachuk, Necas, A Svechnikov, S Jarvis, M Michkov (r), W Johnston, Zegras, Giroux, Norris, Couturier, B Jenner, T Krug, Burns, M Weegar, Werenski, Sergachev, B Clarke (r), Theodore, Sorokin , Oettinger, Askarov (r), Ersson
    12 teams, No salary cap
    Keep 14 plus 4 rookies (under 150 GP) max 18 players
    Scoring: G (1), A (1), +/- (0.25), H (0.1), B(0.1), PIM (0.1), SOG (0.1), GWG (1), PPP (1), SHP (1),
    Goalies: W (2), SO (3), GA (-0.5), OTL (1), SV (0.1)