Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 26

Thread: Markstrom against the Leafs

  1. #1
    VincentVega's Avatar
    VincentVega is offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    5,796
    Location
    Toronto
    Rep Power
    50

    Dobber Sports Sage

    Default Markstrom against the Leafs

    Risky start? Leafs are scoring a bunch and the Flames are allowing a bunch, not a good recipe for goalie stats.

    Of course, if I bench him, he'll probably get a SO.
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

  2. #2
    Rep Power
    40

    Dobber Sports Ninja

    Default Re: Markstrom against the Leafs

    Let me know if you are benching him then... and I will move him of my bench and start him to get the SO....

    He is no my bench right now and I have little intention of starting him.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



  3. #3
    Rep Power
    40

    Dobber Sports Titan

    Default Re: Markstrom against the Leafs

    Teams often bounce back after a bad start like getting spanked 7-1. If it's a weekly H2H I would start him because you have all week to recover if he blows up again.

    Keep in mind Toronto won't have Hyman, Thornton or Muzzin tonight. They're not the 1A guys, but all 3 were contributing on a depth level.

  4. #4
    Location
    Vancouver Island
    Rep Power
    40

    Dobber Sports Jedi

    Default Re: Markstrom against the Leafs

    almost have to start him. he's a top 10 goalie. Risk or no risk - start your studs.

    That said, 15 points in the last 2 - TWO games for Marner & Matthews combined.
    Geek of the Week writer for DobberHockey. Find the latest articles here: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...k-of-the-week/
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

  5. #5
    VincentVega's Avatar
    VincentVega is offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    5,796
    Location
    Toronto
    Rep Power
    50

    Dobber Sports Sage

    Default Re: Markstrom against the Leafs

    Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    Let me know if you are benching him then... and I will move him of my bench and start him to get the SO....

    He is no my bench right now and I have little intention of starting him.
    LOL. I'll probably make the decision close to lineup lock time, which is at 6:55.
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

  6. #6
    VincentVega's Avatar
    VincentVega is offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    5,796
    Location
    Toronto
    Rep Power
    50

    Dobber Sports Sage

    Default Re: Markstrom against the Leafs

    Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Teams often bounce back after a bad start like getting spanked 7-1. If it's a weekly H2H I would start him because you have all week to recover if he blows up again.

    Keep in mind Toronto won't have Hyman, Thornton or Muzzin tonight. They're not the 1A guys, but all 3 were contributing on a depth level.
    Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    almost have to start him. he's a top 10 goalie. Risk or no risk - start your studs.

    That said, 15 points in the last 2 - TWO games for Marner & Matthews combined.
    Yeah, that's what I'm thinking too. Teams often play their best game after getting humiliated like the Flames did but Matthews and Marner are scary. They can put a lot of points in a hurry.

    It's a weekly line-up setup. I have too many goalies to choose from is my problem

    I have Markstrom, Driedger, Lankinen and Vanecek. Right now, my options are Markstrom/Driedger, Markstrom/Lankinen or Driedger/Lankinen. Driedger is the confirmed starter today and will play at least two games with a b2b situation midweek. I think I'll stay away from Vanecek as he's been inconsistent.
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

  7. #7
    Rep Power
    40

    Dobber Sports Titan

    Default Re: Markstrom against the Leafs

    I like Markstrom and Driedger for the week.

  8. #8
    VincentVega's Avatar
    VincentVega is offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    5,796
    Location
    Toronto
    Rep Power
    50

    Dobber Sports Sage

    Default Re: Markstrom against the Leafs

    Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    I like Markstrom and Driedger for the week.
    Thanks. It feels like this is the right two so it probably won't turn out to be
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

  9. #9
    j0hn_d0e's Avatar
    j0hn_d0e is offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    2,502
    Rep Power
    30

    Dobber Sports Veteran

    Default Re: Markstrom against the Leafs

    Im starting Markstrom tonight. He is still a stud goalie(at least in my eyes)you drafted him early for what?! Start Markstrom and dont worry about it. GL!
    1-Year, 16-Team H2H
    G,A,P,+/-,PIM, PPP,SOG,FW,HIT,BLK
    W,GAA,SV,SV%,SO
    4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G, 3BN, 3 IR+

    C: Kopitar, Trocheck, Danault, Getzlaf

    RW: Pastrnak, Matthew Tkachuk, Coleman, Seguin(IR),


    LW: Ovechkin, Kyle Connor, Hyman, Rust, Gurianov


    BN: Batherson, Necas
    , Stephenson

    D:
    Chiarot, Morrissey, Murphy, Larsson, Romanov,
    Weeger, McNabb

    G: Markstrom, Mrazek, Nedeljkovic, Rittich


    Devils & Predators fan





  10. #10
    Location
    Rapid City, SD
    Rep Power
    45

    Dobber Sports Genius

    Default Re: Markstrom against the Leafs

    Leafs Flames have a 4-5 or 6-5 final score feel. Someone gets the wins but the rate stats could be rough. Muzzin being out is a loss for the Leafs D big time.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    6 F, 4 D - 65 max; roster 3 G max - 90 games max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,GAA,Saves

    F: Matthews, Garland, Marner, RNH, Barkov, Palat
    D: Makar, Dahlin, Theodore, Zaitsev
    G: Talbot, Samsonov, Allen

    IR:

    Bench: Suzuki, Zaitsev, Smith

  11. #11
    VincentVega's Avatar
    VincentVega is offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    5,796
    Location
    Toronto
    Rep Power
    50

    Dobber Sports Sage

    Default Re: Markstrom against the Leafs

    Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    Leafs Flames have a 4-5 or 6-5 final score feel. Someone gets the wins but the rate stats could be rough. Muzzin being out is a loss for the Leafs D big time.
    Markstrom's given up 5 goals in back to back games. One would hope he'll be able to keep pucks going in his net to less than 3 this game
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

  12. #12
    Location
    Rapid City, SD
    Rep Power
    45

    Dobber Sports Genius

    Default Re: Markstrom against the Leafs

    Quote Originally Posted by VincentVega View Post
    Markstrom's given up 5 goals in back to back games. One would hope he'll be able to keep pucks going in his net to less than 3 this game
    Leafs are averaging nearly 4 goals per game. The Flames will be in tough to keep them in check.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    6 F, 4 D - 65 max; roster 3 G max - 90 games max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,GAA,Saves

    F: Matthews, Garland, Marner, RNH, Barkov, Palat
    D: Makar, Dahlin, Theodore, Zaitsev
    G: Talbot, Samsonov, Allen

    IR:

    Bench: Suzuki, Zaitsev, Smith

  13. #13
    VincentVega's Avatar
    VincentVega is offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    5,796
    Location
    Toronto
    Rep Power
    50

    Dobber Sports Sage

    Default Re: Markstrom against the Leafs

    Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    Leafs are averaging nearly 4 goals per game. The Flames will be in tough to keep them in check.
    True. But they can't keep scoring 4 a game and Markstrom can't keep giving up 4+ a game. The question is if these unsustainable numbers will continue tonight.
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

  14. #14
    Rep Power
    40

    Dobber Sports Titan

    Default Re: Markstrom against the Leafs

    I'm starting him in my roto league where I'm already ahead in goalie GP.

  15. #15
    Location
    Rapid City, SD
    Rep Power
    45

    Dobber Sports Genius

    Default Re: Markstrom against the Leafs

    Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    I'm starting him in my roto league where I'm already ahead in goalie GP.
    Gutsiest move I ever saw Mav...
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    6 F, 4 D - 65 max; roster 3 G max - 90 games max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,GAA,Saves

    F: Matthews, Garland, Marner, RNH, Barkov, Palat
    D: Makar, Dahlin, Theodore, Zaitsev
    G: Talbot, Samsonov, Allen

    IR:

    Bench: Suzuki, Zaitsev, Smith

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •