Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Would you rather? 2021 Entry Picks or Prospects

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Would you rather? 2021 Entry Picks or Prospects

Looking for a general consensus from all the smart minds on the forums... League in signature, points only, salary cap (determined by auction)...

As a new/rebuilding team would you rather have:

Jack Roslovic $1.5mil
    Drouin $2.2mil
    Cody Glass (minors)
    Nolan Patrick (minors)
    Ty Dellandrea (minors)

or

2021 Entry Draft - Lottery Pick x1 (anywhere from #1-#8) and 4 picks in the second round (between pick #13-#26)
    Dynasty Auction Salary(millions),Points,13 Team,12F/6D/2G/4Res/Minors
    F:
    Marchard 6.8, Huberdeau 5.5, P. Kane 4.5, Kuznetsov 3.7, Nichuskin 3.6, Johansen 3.1, Kakko 2.7, Kuzmenko 2.5, Rust 2.5, Seguin 2.2, Perron 1.0, Chytil 0.5, Krebs 0.5, N. Robertson 0.5 D: Chabot 4.6, Nurse 4.32, Forsling 4.176, Zellweger 0.9,
    G: Vasilevsky 4.5, Demko 3.7, Hill 1.7
    Minors: Byfield, Lafreniere, Perfetti, Raymond, Drysdale, Gunler, Grans, Greig, L'Hereaux, K. Johnson, Rosen, B. Clarke, Bourgault, Othmann, Lysell, Korchinski, Dumais, Pickering, Howard, Snuggerud, Ritchie
    Draft Picks: 2024 1st, 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, 3rd, 3rd, 3rd

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Re: Would you rather? 2021 Entry Picks or Prospects

give me the young guys
    31 TEAMS keep all multi-cat (lot of them) dynasty
    Offensive stats : Goals, Assist , PPP, PPTOI, SOG...
    Defensive stats : PKTOI, BLKS, TakeAway, Giveaway...
    (basically best NHL player)

Dobber Sports Sophomore

young guys as in the prospects versus the 2021 picks?
    F:
    Marchard 6.8, Huberdeau 5.5, P. Kane 4.5, Kuznetsov 3.7, Nichuskin 3.6, Johansen 3.1, Kakko 2.7, Kuzmenko 2.5, Rust 2.5, Seguin 2.2, Perron 1.0, Chytil 0.5, Krebs 0.5, N. Robertson 0.5 D: Chabot 4.6, Nurse 4.32, Forsling 4.176, Zellweger 0.9,
    Minors: Byfield, Lafreniere, Perfetti, Raymond, Drysdale, Gunler, Grans, Greig, L'Hereaux, K. Johnson, Rosen, B. Clarke, Bourgault, Othmann, Lysell, Korchinski, Dumais, Pickering, Howard, Snuggerud, Ritchie

Dobber Sports Initiate

oh yeah, I just realized that could be both haha.

I'm taking the group of prospect not the pick. This draft is kind of meh
    31 TEAMS keep all multi-cat (lot of them) dynasty
    Offensive stats : Goals, Assist , PPP, PPTOI, SOG...
    Defensive stats : PKTOI, BLKS, TakeAway, Giveaway...
    (basically best NHL player)

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by PicklePickle View Post
    oh yeah, I just realized that could be both haha.

I'm taking the group of prospect not the pick. This draft is kind of meh
    I agree and although the 1-8th pick is intriguing - losing Glass mitigates it for me. Id do those guys without Glass for the 1st and one less second probably. Then you could flip the picks for 22 which is an absolutely laded draft- haha!

Dobber Sports Icon

Who's available in the draft? Is it just the 2021 Entry draft or are there more names available?

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Just 2021 entry
    F:

Dobber Sports Icon

I would probably take the picks. You would be getting 5 NHL first round picks which should be able to net you more than the players you listed. You should be able to trade the draft picks just before the draft for better players than what you are being offered now. In most leagues, draft pick values increase as the season goes on and peak just before the draft.

It does vary widely on the depth of the league. It's impossible to tell how big your league is because the math makes no sense...how do the 2nd round picks go from #13 to #26. If pick #13 is the first pick in the 2nd round, then pick #24 would be the last pick in the 2nd round.

Dobber Sports Novice

Cody Glass would be the crown jewel out of the bunch for me. I'd stick with the prospects/young guys over the entry picks. As said previously, this draft is looking awful....especially considering you'd only be getting 1 pick in the top 8.
    12 Team Limited Keeper League

3 player limited points only keeper. Keep 1 forward, 1 Defenceman, 1 Goaltender
    Scoring: 1 pt Goal + 1 pt Assist
    Goaltenders: 2pt win + 1 pt shutout

My Keepers:

FW- D. Pastrnak
    Def- Q. Hughes
    G- F. Anderson

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I'd take the picks.

Patrick & Drouin have limited value right now, although Patrick could rebound.
    Roslovic is doing nicely, but he's a top 6 player and looks like he's not a top line guy.
    Glass/Dellandrea could be just about anything.

That top 8 pick should net you a guy who is more proven than any of them and better. However, you may prefer more certainty. If you take the players, I'd try to flip Drouin for something. He's not as young as you think.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

The real question, is what are you giving up? Picks/prospects are nice - but if you are getting your pocket picked it's only going to set back your rebuild.

Comish Dynasty 2021-22 (24 Team Roto Dynasty, Custom Salaries)
    Minnesota North Stars, 2nd Tier
    C - Aho, Rakell, Foligno, Trenin (Janmark, Steel, Kurashev)
    LW - Hall, Lucic, Sanford, Bellows (Vesalainen, Foote, Katchouk)
    RW - Seguin, Toffoli, Jaskin, Donskoi (Jarvis)
    D - Sergachev, Edler, Petterson, Forbort, Ceci, Valimaki (H.Fleury, Alexeyev, Salo)
    G - Price, Brossoit (Stolarz)

The Great One

Also its generally thought to be a weaker draft this year. Id really try to push for 2022 picks. And take Glass out!@!

Dobber Sports Sophomore

I am the owner of the 2021 Entry Draft picks.. I would be receiving the Roslovic + Glass etc. side.
    F:

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Went ahead with it.

Ended up trading my picks .. 2021 Entry Draft - Lottery Pick x1 (anywhere from #1-#8) and 4 picks in the second round (between pick #14-#26)..

In exchange I will be receiving: Roslovic, Cody Glass, Nolan Patrick, Joe Veleno, Ty Dellandrea, Brett Leason.
    F:

The Great One

Id try to keep the first and work out something for Glass involving a couple seconds.

Roslovics pace is unsustainable and his shooting is pretty abysmal. Drouin is what he is at this point and I dont think hell mesh well with Torts at all. I think Patrick ends up better in real life and on top of thjat injuries are becoming a real concern. We have no idea how delleandra will pan out.

G;ass is a personal favorite and Paciorettyu gushes about the kid. I think he'll be topline within two years. Chandler bing is a placeholder at best and its only a matter of time before that playing experiment caves in and Glass rings up 70 or so...