Thread: Damir Zhafyarov

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Damir Zhafyarov

I don't know if any threads have already been started about him but what do you guys think?
    What kind of ceiling does a guy like him could have on the blackhawks ou the red wings?
    Team-1
    F: MacKinnon, Panarin, Marner, Pettersson, Debrincat, Seguin, Laine, Pacioretty, e.Lindholm, Nugent-Hopkins, Burakovsky, Tarasenko, Marchessault (13 counting)
    Olofsson, W.Karlsson, Yamamoto, Denisenko, McMichael, Lapierre, Jenik, Chinakhov

D: Josi, Makar, McAvoy, Dahlin, Ellis (5 counting)
    J.Ahcan

G: Hart, Markstrom (2 counting)
    Gibson
    Points only, No salary cap, 1pt/goal, 1pt/assist, 2pts for a goalie W, +3 points for a shutout, 1pt for an overtime L.

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re: Damir Zhafyarov

Thanks for the heads up Master - Zhafyarov wasn't on my radar at all until you highlighted him.

Need to watch some video in order to offer any credible response - but rep to you for bringing him to light. Curious what others who might be more familiar of him think.
    RHRS, Yahoo, 12-team, Roto
    PQMC, Yahoo, 12-team, Keep 11, H2H
    Taro Tsujimoto Draft League, Fantrax, 6-team, pts-only (*2018 draftees or later only)
    Hanson Bros., Fantrax, 10-Team, Keep 8, weighted scoring
    Black & Blue, Fantrax, 12-Team, Dynasty, H2H weighted
    The Dream Team League, Fantrax, 14-Team, Dynasty, H2H
    On Frozen Ponds, Fantrax 10-Team, Dynasty, Roto

​"When I do not know who I am I serve you, and when I do know who I am, you and I are one." - Hanuman-ji

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I can't say much about his game as KHL is unwatchable in comparison with NHL. He's having a breakout year in Nizhny Novgorod, and already broke a club year for points per season (59 in 55 games) playing alongside San Jose prospect Ivan Chekhovich. He's also currently in Top-10 in blocks and hits within his team and in second place among league forwards in SOG.

For now he's not talking much about moving to North America, as his mind is with Nizhny Novgorod and Russian national team where he was recently named a captain on Beijer Hockey Games. His frame might seem subtle (1.74 m. / 74kg) but Damir compensates it with hard work and passion.
    16 Team H2H Yahoo Keeper League; 30 men roster (and 20 combined IR; IR+; 5 NA spots)
    Starters: 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 2D, 4UTIL, 1G (2 starts per week required)
    Categories: G; A; P; +-; PPP; SHP; GWG; SOG, FOW, HIT / W; L; GAA; SV%; SHO

C: Barkov, Horvat, Cirelli (RW), Mercer (RW), Newhook (LW), A. Lowry, Hayton (LW), Dowd (RW), Rossi, Dellandrea (RW), M. Savoie
    LW/RW: A. Svechnikov, Guentzel, J. Robertson, E. Kane, Batherson, Bjorkstrand, Jarvis, Lehkonen, C. Brown, Vatrano, Peterka, Chinakhov, Balcers, Raddysh, Marchenko, Soderblom, Barabanov, Ohgren
    D: Seider, Dahlin, Heiskanen, Liljegren
    G: Hellebuyck, Saros, Ullmark, Wolf, Annunen

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by townghost View Post
    I can't say much about his game as KHL is unwatchable in comparison with NHL. He's having a breakout year in Nizhny Novgorod, and already broke a club year for points per season (59 in 55 games) playing alongside San Jose prospect Ivan Chekhovich. He's also currently in Top-10 in blocks and hits within his team and in second place among league forwards in SOG.

For now he's not talking much about moving to North America, as his mind is with Nizhny Novgorod and Russian national team where he was recently named a captain on Beijer Hockey Games. His frame might seem subtle (1.74 m. / 74kg) but Damir compensates it with hard work and passion.
    Good to know! Thanks for the input!
    Team-1
    F: MacKinnon, Panarin, Marner, Pettersson, Debrincat, Seguin, Laine, Pacioretty, e.Lindholm, Nugent-Hopkins, Burakovsky, Tarasenko, Marchessault (13 counting)
    Olofsson, W.Karlsson, Yamamoto, Denisenko, McMichael, Lapierre, Jenik, Chinakhov

J.Ahcan

Gibson
    Points only, No salary cap, 1pt/goal, 1pt/assist, 2pts for a goalie W, +3 points for a shutout, 1pt for an overtime L.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by YzermansLegacy View Post
    Thanks for the heads up Master - Zhafyarov wasn't on my radar at all until you highlighted him.

Need to watch some video in order to offer any credible response - but rep to you for bringing him to light. Curious what others who might be more familiar of him think.
    Yup, as of what we can see in the khl, he's producing well but so does Reid Boucher and other players who haven't been able to have an impact at the NHL level.
    Kinda though to have info about him so let's see if anyone else does
    Team-1

J.Ahcan

Gibson

Dobber Sports Apprentice

but rep to you for bringing him to light.
    Also, how do you give rep?
    Team-1

J.Ahcan

Gibson

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by MasterX57 View Post
    Also, how do you give rep?
    There's a little star in the bottom left corner of each post that enables you to "add to this user's reputation".
    RHRS, Yahoo, 12-team, Roto
    PQMC, Yahoo, 12-team, Keep 11, H2H
    Taro Tsujimoto Draft League, Fantrax, 6-team, pts-only (*2018 draftees or later only)
    Hanson Bros., Fantrax, 10-Team, Keep 8, weighted scoring
    Black & Blue, Fantrax, 12-Team, Dynasty, H2H weighted
    The Dream Team League, Fantrax, 14-Team, Dynasty, H2H
    On Frozen Ponds, Fantrax 10-Team, Dynasty, Roto

​"When I do not know who I am I serve you, and when I do know who I am, you and I are one." - Hanuman-ji

Dobber Sports Apprentice

There's a little star in the bottom left corner of each post that enables you to "add to this user's reputation".
    Cool, thanks!
    Team-1

J.Ahcan

Gibson

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I'm always wary of Russian free agents. Sometimes you get Panarin, but most of the time it doesn't work out. He's behind Vadim Shipachev and Teemu Hartikainen in scoring. Those are 2 guys who bounced out of the NHL pretty quickly (Shipachev only played 3 games and Hartikainen played 52. He's just ahead of Jaskin and Da Costa. If he was to land somewhere he may get a top 6 role right away he may be worth a chance if it doesn't cost much. He has some multi-cat potential but at 5'8" and 150 lbs, he won't last long trying to play a physical game.
    H2H CONTRACT
    C - Larkin 1, MacKinnon 1, Hischier 2
    W- Pastranak 1, Kreider1, Benn 1, Schmaltz 1,Teravinen 2, Skinner1, T. Moore [color=red]2[/color
    D - Toews 2, DeAngelo 3, Faulk 2, Morrissey 1Spence 4, Marino 1, Mike Reilly 1
    G- Hill 1Jarry 3Vanecek 4
    MINORS- Slafkovsky, Wallstedt, Gauthier, O. Moore

SKATER +-/G/A/SOG/blocks
    GOALIE GAA/W/S

Playing roster: 2C,3W,1F,4D,1G

* length of contract

Dobber Sports Expert

Top KHL Free Agents in 2020-21

Some ink spilled on Damir here. I'm more interested in Konstantin Okulov myself.