Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Draisaitl v Matthews

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Re: Draisaitl v Matthews

Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    Good lord - don't let him see the volume of posts over here then. Ever.
    Lots of people are in leagues and post on here for advice, doesn’t mean I want to share a Matthews vs Draisaitl take directly from the person that shared it lol.

I can post on here all I want for second opinions, seems completely fair.

Dobber Sports Ace

This is for your league in signature right? So it’snot a straight points league. What are there fantasy points per game? I wouldnt care about Draisaitl beating him by 30 points I’d care about fantasy points and your league settings. Not sure if my signature will show as posting from my phone but in my leagues right now
    Mathews has 9.09 pts per game and in the other 3.85. Draisaitl has 8.46 and 3.72.
    Last year Mathews 7.6 and Draisaitl 8.5.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by LeafsFan1967 View Post
    I do think there is a decent sized gap between Draisaitl and Matthews, just a matter of how much. Matthews isn’t a big assist guy so I definitely think Draisaitl outscores him given he’s a 50-60 pt + assist guy, and is a stud goal scorer himself. The other gm thinks Matthews is closing the game but even if he hits 90 in a full season Draisaitl is 20 pts better at least.
    You've talked me into it. I'll keep Draisaitl. Unless it's a goal heavy league. Then Yamamoto factors in for sure. But only if he hits his upside. And the other GM thinks the Leafs should trade Andersen for Gibson due to his "return to sender" clause, which I agree with - but only in a pts only assist heavy league and Gibson is definitely closing the gap but really won't. So Matthews and Gibson for a first and Yamamoto is the offer but I'm going to keep Draisaitl until they trade Gibson and goals become worth 1.5 of Matthews assist to PIM ratio.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Swarley View Post
    This is for your league in signature right? So it’snot a straight points league. What are there fantasy points per game? I wouldnt care about Draisaitl beating him by 30 points I’d care about fantasy points and your league settings. Not sure if my signature will show as posting from my phone but in my leagues right now
    Mathews has 9.09 pts per game and in the other 3.85. Draisaitl has 8.46 and 3.72.
    Last year Mathews 7.6 and Draisaitl 8.5.
    Correct, and it is not a bangers league it is Pts but goals weighted higher than assists. 4.56 fp/g for Drais to 4.37 for Matthews, so pretty close. Last year 4.3 Leon to 3.5 Matthews.

Dobber Sports Pro

You've talked me into it. I'll keep Draisaitl. Unless it's a goal heavy league. Then Yamamoto factors in for sure. But only if he hits his upside. And the other GM thinks the Leafs should trade Andersen for Gibson due to his "return to sender" clause, which I agree with - but only in a pts only assist heavy league and Gibson is definitely closing the gap but really won't. So Matthews and Gibson for a first and Yamamoto is the offer but I'm going to keep Draisaitl until they trade Gibson and goals become worth 1.5 of Matthews assist to PIM ratio.
    Dude I don’t know what you’re trying to accomplish here but seems you’re trolling. You’re the only one getting all worked up, if you don’t like my posts then don’t reply.

Dobber Sports Ace

Correct, and it is not a bangers league it is Pts but goals weighted higher than assists. 4.56 fp/g for Drais to 4.37 for Matthews, so pretty close. Last year 4.3 Leon to 3.5 Matthews.
    Okay thanks, yes I’d keep Draisaitl here, Mathews is a hell of a player and who knows who will be better in a few years but Draisaitl is ahead of him now

The Great One

Dude I don’t know what you’re trying to accomplish here but seems you’re trolling. You’re the only one getting all worked up, if you don’t like my posts then don’t reply.
    I wouldn't say trolling so much as trying highlight where these threads go with farce. It's not just me - I think there are 3 or 4 of us who have clearly expressed frustration with your interest in arguing and obfuscating in the face of our concise informed advice on the matter.
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett

IR:

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Swarley View Post
    Okay thanks, yes I’d keep Draisaitl here, Mathews is a hell of a player and who knows who will be better in a few years but Draisaitl is ahead of him now
    Thanks man

Dobber Sports Pro

I wouldn't say trolling so much as trying highlight where these threads go with farce. It's not just me - I think there are 3 or 4 of us who have clearly expressed frustration with your interest in arguing and obfuscating in the face of our concise informed advice on the matter.
    Having dialogue back and forth is much different than arguing, I don’t argue with anyone here, it is text thus it is a bit hard to tell if someone means well or not, I personally do. Not everyone here goes the confrontational sounding route, I’ve had way more good dialogue than anything negative.

If someone says your posts can be hard to follow, I work to make them better so they’re easier to follow. That is the main comment anyone has made on my posts, I’m not on here to bicker.

The Great One

Didnt we just discuss this?? I feel like we've been here before. LOL!

I've said it before and I'll say it again. One player has broken the century mark the past two seasons in a row and one player hasn't got past 80 points in a season yet. What else do you need to know.

1. Draisaitl/Matthews was discussed in another thread - now we're here splitting hairs
    2. Draisaitl > Matthews
    3. You want someone to justify making this deal for you.

it is really simple. If you want to win the league - THIS YEAR. You keep Draisaitl. If you want to punt your chances and hope Matthews closes the 30 point production gap between them - make the deal.
    Join a yearly league as well lol. Then you can reach for whoever you want and it'll only affect you for one season.
    It's almost like you are waiting for someone to justify trading Draisaitl for Matthews so you can make the deal. You clearly want Matthews.
    show the matthews owner my post

I'm not really speaking for others. An ability to read subtext shows that all of the above quotes from this thread express varying levels of frustration. Just realize when you do stuff like this guys get tired of responding to your threads. That's all.
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max

IR:

Dobber Sports Pro

I'm not really speaking for others. An ability to read subtext shows that all of the above quotes from this thread express varying levels of frustration. Just realize when you do stuff like this guys get tired of responding to your threads. That's all.
    I’ll agree to disagree, discussion does not equal arguing or frustration, end of story. You’re entitled to your opinion though, but I get along with people on here I’m not critical.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Me sharing someone’s opinion from a thread isn’t going to convince someone, he has already done his research. I’m not trying to strong arm people lol.
    there's a difference between strong-arm and explaining their valuation is off. A third, fourth, fifth opinion agreeing with you strengthens your argument to the OGM.

otherwise it's a pissing match. You show a thread, or multiple threads showing there's a gap between the two - it changes the argument. One side gains leverage. You're not strong-arming anything. You're education the OGM on valuation of these two players.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Immortal

Fun debate today guys. Good show.

Dobber Sports Pro

Matthews looking pretty damn good, 25 pts in 17 games, and game is half over. Now his price can inflate even more 😂 He’s also had 1 pointless game.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Matthews looking pretty damn good, 25 pts in 17 games, and game is half over. Now his price can inflate even more �� He’s also had 1 pointless game.
    I would have accepted yesterday.