Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Draisaitl v Matthews

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Re: Draisaitl v Matthews

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Join a yearly league as well lol. Then you can reach for whoever you want and it'll only affect you for one season.
    Oh I love my keeper league, I have good pieces I just mean in general wish I had someone after Drais I could dangle, like the other team after Matthews that has MacKinnon but then Petersson too. I’m in a yearly banger type league on yahoo, thought I’d try one this year.

Dobber Sports Pro

I also don’t think I’m going to win this year, I’m like 60 pts back of 1st with games in hand, but still have Seguin out, Josi not doing great, and my depth hasn’t been performing. Markstrom, Quinn Hughes, Drais and Kopi are carrying me.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Go back with Leon for Matthews and a 1st.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by LeafsFan1967 View Post
    I’ve seen a plentiful # of posts that are a lot harder to follow than mine. I don’t think there is a 30 pt gap, sounds like a stretch, and have to look at ppg production too. Career wise Auston is 305 in 297 and Drais is 448 in 439, and Auston is 2 yrs younger, wasn’t Drais a 70s guy till he blew up and was 100+? So what’s to say that isn’t Matthews, I mean he was drafted 1st overall so he’s got the talent, he’s not the playmaker Drais is but he could be the best goal scorer in the league for the next 10 years.

Does that mean I’m doing this deal? No, but you can not intend to be a jerk and still sound a tad critical lol.
    I was being critical. Not denying that. You can look at career stats. but Draisaitl started off a bit slower than Matthews.

Last year in 70 games

Draisaitl - 110pts
    Matthews 80pts

This year through 15/17 games Draisaitl has a 6 point gap on Matthews. That's good for 21 by end of year at current paces. Draisaitl is coud with 1pt in last 3 games. Matthews 13 game point streak. then Draisaitl will widen the gap.
    So no, 30 point gap is not a stretch.

They are BOTH still improving each year. You're closing your eyes and rolling the dice for sevens if you trade Draisaitl for Matthews. You might be right - and Matthews does eclipse Draisaitl.
    But what are those odds? 3-1? 9-1? Drais is the 2nd best offensive forward in the NHL - next to McDavid.
    No skin of Matthews back but expecting him to eclipse Draisaitl is a TALL, TALL task.

I'm a big a Matthews fan as anyone. But there's a sizable gap between the two.
    making this deal is a clear step back THIS YEAR. You're acquiring an extra pick - not an extra player. That's a 2020-21 roster downgrade.

Draisaitl is the player you want to win THIS year. make the deal in the summer if you want AM that bad.

if you disagree, just make the deal. We can revisit this in May.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Go back with Leon for Matthews and a 1st.
    He won’t seem to go above a 3rd, he started at 1 for 1, then acted like he was doing me a favour by making a pick involved. I said you can start low and make it sound better all you want by adding. He’s sitting on a Petersson package for Matthews I believe, that same gm was offering me Kane and Petersson for Drais lol.

Dobber Sports Jedi

He won’t seem to go above a 3rd, he started at 1 for 1, then acted like he was doing me a favour by making a pick involved. I said you can start low and make it sound better all you want by adding. He’s sitting on a Petersson/Patty Kane offer for Matthews I believe, that same gm was offering me those 2 for Drais lol, so clearly he thinks Matthews is amazing.
    show the matthews owner my post

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    show the matthews owner my post
    Lol, that seems like a shady thing to do, I’m good. He just had a high price on Matthews is all.

Dobber Sports Pro

I was being critical. Not denying that. You can look at career stats. but Draisaitl started off a bit slower than Matthews.

Last year in 70 games

Draisaitl - 110pts
    Matthews 80pts

This year through 15/17 games Draisaitl has a 6 point gap on Matthews. That's good for 21 by end of year at current paces. Draisaitl is coud with 1pt in last 3 games. Matthews 13 game point streak. then Draisaitl will widen the gap.
    So no, 30 point gap is not a stretch.

They are BOTH still improving each year. You're closing your eyes and rolling the dice for sevens if you trade Draisaitl for Matthews. You might be right - and Matthews does eclipse Draisaitl.
    But what are those odds? 3-1? 9-1? Drais is the 2nd best offensive forward in the NHL - next to McDavid.
    No skin of Matthews back but expecting him to eclipse Draisaitl is a TALL, TALL task.

I'm a big a Matthews fan as anyone. But there's a sizable gap between the two.
    making this deal is a clear step back THIS YEAR. You're acquiring an extra pick - not an extra player. That's a 2020-21 roster downgrade.

Draisaitl is the player you want to win THIS year. make the deal in the summer if you want AM that bad.

if you disagree, just make the deal. We can revisit this in May.
    Thanks for crunching the numbers further, all your points are fair. The simplest sort of deal when dealing with guys like Draisaitl is to just flip them for the guy closest to them in the league, in this case McDavid, but we have those guys under contract for 2 more yrs after this. And even if I wanted him still, Matthews won’t be on the same team by then as the team with him is moving him right away. The other team pushing for Matthews won last year and has the luxury of being able to offer a Petersson package, I don’t have a Petersson type I could similarly try to unload.

The Great One

Lol, that seems like a shady thing to do, I’m good. He just had a high price on Matthews is all.
    In what way is that shady? You want to convince the guy or not?
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Jedi

It's a strategy to knock someone off their high price tag. Sometimes reality sucks.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    In what way is that shady? You want to convince the guy or not?
    Me sharing someone’s opinion from a thread isn’t going to convince someone, he has already done his research. I’m not trying to strong arm people lol.

The Great One

Me sharing someone’s opinion from a thread isn’t going to convince someone, he has already done his research. I’m not trying to strong arm people lol.
    Still don't see the shady...
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett

IR:

Dobber Sports Pro

It's a strategy to knock someone off their high price tag. Sometimes reality sucks.
    I suppose, I guess just not something I do. Makes me look like a weak owner too, like not being able to sell him on someone but someone else tries instead.

The Great One

I suppose, I guess just not something I do. Makes me look like a weak owner too, like not being able to sell him on someone but someone else tries instead.
    Good lord - don't let him see the volume of posts over here then. Ever.
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max

IR:

Dobber Sports Pro

I do think there is a decent sized gap between Draisaitl and Matthews, just a matter of how much. Matthews isn’t a big assist guy so I definitely think Draisaitl outscores him given he’s a 50-60 pt + assist guy, and is a stud goal scorer himself. The other gm thinks Matthews is closing the game but even if he hits 90 in a full season Draisaitl is 20 pts better at least.