Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Draisaitl v Matthews

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Draisaitl v Matthews

At peak, what is the difference between these 2 players?

I'm a Draisaitl owner but Matthews owner is pushing for Draisaitl, I'm leaning towards keeping Draisaitl but if I was even going to consider moving him, I have to ask for more than what the other gm is offering (current offer is Matthews + a 3rd rd pick).

3rd round this past draft: Letang, Burns, Yamamoto, Lehner, Rask, Jarry, Hart, Mantha, Yandle, Dubois, Markstrom, Tkachuk B, Domi, Rust.

So decent list but the question is, would my team be better with Draisaitl for this season + 2 more, or Matthews for this season + 4 more (would sign him after season) + the pick.

The other gm says the gap between Matthews and Draisaitl is narrowing, which I agree with but how do you quantify the gap between them?

I haven't been in a position with a guy this good, and Matthews is a tempting name. Down the road I can get an elite guy for Draisaitl, heck I could even likely get McDavid, plus my league rewards goals more than assists, mind you Drais gets much more assists than Matthews and is no slouch goals wise.
    Keeper League
    No Salary Cap
    Skt points: A (2), GWG (1), G (3), ShG (1), Hat Trick (1), Overtime Goal (1), +/- (0.5), PPA (0.5), PPG (1), SHA (1), SHG (2)
    Goalie points: A (2), G (10), SHO (4), W (5), OL + ShL (2)
    Keepers: Kaprisov (4 yr), Svechnikov (3 yr), Point (2 yr), P Kane (1 yr)
    C/LW/RW
    Daily
    Starters: C - Horvat, Point, LW - Dubois, Kaprisov, RW - Kane, Svechnikov, D - Montour, Doughty, Skt - Hyman
    Bench: Trocheck, Rakell, Wedgewood, Francouz
    Rookie: Kochetkov
    IR:

Max GP: C (164), LW (164), RW (164), D (164), Skt (82), Goalie (82)
    1 rookie & 3 IR spots
    14 teams (4 keepers/team + can carry 1 rookie over)
    Fantrax

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Draisaitl v Matthews

Didnt we just discuss this?? I feel like we've been here before. LOL!
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Didnt we just discuss this?? I feel like we've been here before. LOL!
    We discussed in a broad sense, I was more curious how people see their point trajectories looking over the coming seasons. I guess could have discussed it in there, but that thread sort of died out lol.

The Great One

Draisaitl will have more points and Matthews will have more goals. If that distinction doesn't matter go with Draisaitl. Also they are both expensive in a cap league. But worth it. Both are top 5 players in the league.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by LeafsFan1967 View Post
    We discussed in a broad sense, I was more curious how people see their point trajectories looking over the coming seasons. I guess could have discussed it in there, but that thread sort of died out lol.
    I've said it before and I'll say it again. One player has broken the century mark the past two seasons in a row and one player hasn't got past 80 points in a season yet. What else do you need to know.

It's almost like you are waiting for someone to justify trading Draisaitl for Matthews so you can make the deal. You clearly want Matthews.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Immortal

I've said it before and I'll say it again. One player has broken the century mark the past two seasons in a row and one player hasn't got past 80 points in a season yet. What else do you need to know.

It's almost like you are waiting for someone to justify trading Draisaitl for Matthews so you can make the deal. You clearly want Matthews.
    Agree with Axe. Keep the Art Ross winner.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    Draisaitl will have more points and Matthews will have more goals. If that distinction doesn't matter go with Draisaitl. Also they are both expensive in a cap league. But worth it. Both are top 5 players in the league.
    I just care about fantasy pts, so Draisaitl is outpacing Matthews at the moment with less goals/more pts. No salary cap in my league either.

Dobber Sports Pro

Fair enough, I just know Drais was in the 70s until he blew up has 100+, and Matthews is a couple yrs younger and he’s had injuries so his pt totals don’t look as good as his ppg. I don’t clearly want Matthews, I just like the player but also a big fan of Drais, and Matthews will get more expansive if he keeps this up.

Dobber Sports Deity

Fair enough, I just know Drais was in the 70s until he blew up has 100+, and Matthews is a couple yrs younger and he’s had injuries so his pt totals don’t look as good as his ppg. I don’t clearly want Matthews, I just like the player but also a big fan of Drais, and Matthews will get more expansive if he keeps this up.
    The problem is, the other GM clearly knows you are a Leafs fan and he's trying to exploit that. If your goal is to roster your favorite players, then make the trade. If you goal is to win your league, keep Draisaitl. He's the better player for fantasy points. You just have to decide what's more important to you.

Dobber Sports Pro

The problem is, the other GM clearly knows you are a Leafs fan and he's trying to exploit that. If your goal is to roster your favorite players, then make the trade. If you goal is to win your league, keep Draisaitl. He's the better player for fantasy points. You just have to decide what's more important to you.
    Winning the league, I just hope Matthews doesn’t overtake Draisaitl then I’ll feel dumb lol. I mean we’re talking 2 top 3 picks, Matthews being first overall. I just hope whenever I do have to move Leon I get great value, I guess the easiest deal will have McDavid involved, as the gm with him said they are closest to one another. The team that won last year is in on him, and he’s stacked already so I’d just hate to see him go there. I think he’s dangling Petersson and some other stuff.

Dobber Sports Jedi

I know you use punctuation but why do I read all your posts as one long run on sentence?

Three things in this thread are clear

1. Draisaitl/Matthews was discussed in another thread - now we're here splitting hairs
    2. Draisaitl > Matthews
    3. You want someone to justify making this deal for you.

it is really simple. If you want to win the league - THIS YEAR. You keep Draisaitl. If you want to punt your chances and hope Matthews closes the 30 point production gap between them - make the deal.

not intending to be a jerk but every post reads like a Hunter S. Thompson article.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    I know you use punctuation but why do I read all your posts as one long run on sentence?

Three things in this thread are clear

1. Draisaitl/Matthews was discussed in another thread - now we're here splitting hairs
    2. Draisaitl > Matthews
    3. You want someone to justify making this deal for you.

it is really simple. If you want to win the league - THIS YEAR. You keep Draisaitl. If you want to punt your chances and hope Matthews closes the 30 point production gap between them - make the deal.

not intending to be a jerk but every post reads like a Hunter S. Thompson article.
    I’ve seen a plentiful # of posts that are a lot harder to follow than mine. I don’t think there is a 30 pt gap, sounds like a stretch, and have to look at ppg production too. Career wise Auston is 305 in 297 and Drais is 448 in 439, and Auston is 2 yrs younger, wasn’t Drais a 70s guy till he blew up and was 100+? So what’s to say that isn’t Matthews, I mean he was drafted 1st overall so he’s got the talent, he’s not the playmaker Drais is but he could be the best goal scorer in the league for the next 10 years.

Does that mean I’m doing this deal? No, but you can not intend to be a jerk and still sound a tad critical lol.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Matthews needs to prove he can stay healthy before getting to Leon's level.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Matthews needs to prove he can stay healthy before getting to Leon's level.
    I don’t disagree, I wish I had another piece I could dangle to get Matthews, my core is Drais and Q Hughes and I have Byfield coming up, but not the end of the world I guess since it is always an advantage to have a Drais type.

Dobber Sports Immortal

I don’t disagree, I wish I had another piece I could dangle to get Matthews, my core is Drais and Q Hughes and I have Byfield coming up, but not the end of the world I guess since it is always an advantage to have a Drais type.
    Join a yearly league as well lol. Then you can reach for whoever you want and it'll only affect you for one season.