Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Korpisalo and Merzlikins

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Korpisalo and Merzlikins

I drafted both Korpisalo and Merzlikins this year, thinking the Columbus tandem would be a good option. Well, that hasn’t been the case. I’m strongly considering dropping one and using the other spot as a streamer spot at this point. My other goalie is Kuemper. Would you:

A) Drop Korpisalo and use the roster spot to stream
    B) Drop Merzlikins and use the roster spot to stream
    C) Keep both goalies to retain the Columbus handcuff and hope things improve.
    D)Drop one of the Columbus goalies and grab Raanta to secure the Arizona handcuff, while keeping one Columbus goalie.

We roster 2 goalie spots daily and require 3 goalie appearances per week.
    Categories are W, GAA, SV%, SHO

Thanks in advance for any thoughts.
    20 team, 56 player roster (30 minors) Full Dynasty Salary Cap H2H League. G, A, SOG, STP, HIT, BLK, FOW, TK/GV, GPT3, SV, SV%ES
    14 team, 29 player roster (6 Minors) - Keep 20 players + 6 Minors Dynasty H2H League G, A, P, PPG, PPA, PPP, SOG, HIT, BLK, W, GAA, SV%, SV, SHO
    12 team, 18 player roster - Full Re-Draft H2H League. G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG. W, GAA, SV%, SHO

Dobber Sports Immortal

Default Re: Korpisalo and Merzlikins

I did the same thing in the Dobber roto league and they are killing me as well.

Is Kuemper your only other goalie? How many teams in the league? Can you list some example FAs.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    I did the same thing in the Dobber roto league and they are killing me as well.

Is Kuemper your only other goalie? How many teams in the league? Can you list some example FAs.
    It’s a 12 team league. Yes, Kuemper is my only other goalie. Most years I usually have only carried two goalies, and it has worked well in the past. This year I decided on drafting the Columbus tandem, as the schedule is a bit more condensed. This isn’t working for me right now. Free agent options aren’t great, but include:

Holtby, Demko, Driedger, Petersen, Sorokin, Raanta, Allen, Smith, Kahkonen, Rinne, Georgiev

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by Sawch View Post
    It’s a 12 team league. Yes, Kuemper is my only other goalie. Most years I usually have only carried two goalies, and it has worked well in the past. This year I decided on drafting the Columbus tandem, as the schedule is a bit more condensed. This isn’t working for me right now. Free agent options aren’t great, but include:

Holtby, Demko, Driedger, Petersen, Sorokin, Raanta, Allen, Smith, Kahkonen, Rinne, Georgiev
    Now that Merz is back and Korp just got shelled, I don't think you can drop one. Wait out the next few games and see how they're deployed.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by Sawch View Post

I'd ditch the CBJ duo, pickup Petersen. You'd have 2 good goalies on terrible teams, so not many wins but great peripherals. Plus open up another roster spot for skaters instead of being tied down by the CBJ duo

Dobber Sports Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by snipshow101 View Post
    I'd ditch the CBJ duo, pickup Petersen. You'd have 2 good goalies on terrible teams, so not many wins but great peripherals. Plus open up another roster spot for skaters instead of being tied down by the CBJ duo
    Funny I would stay with what you have as your options are limited.
    The Jackets have split with most team including the Bolts, it would be nice if they could start sweeping the lesser teams like the Hawks.
    The Kings aren't going to be any better and the Cats are the same as the Jackets.
    Good luck!

Dobber Sports Sophomore

I would also wait few a games and then drop one of the CBJ duo and stream, depending on the situation = schedule. The selection on FA is not that bad for streaming IMO*, considering how fast changing and unpredictable the situation with goalies usually is.

(* I am also in a 12 team league and the only available on our FA from that list are Allen and Raanta.)

Dobber Sports Jedi

CBJ have been too good a defensive team with Torts behind the bench for this to continue. Hold tight
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Thanks for all the responses. I'll hold for now and hope the Jackets get back to their defensive ways
    20 team, 56 player roster (30 minors) Full Dynasty Salary Cap H2H League. G, A, SOG, STP, HIT, BLK, FOW, TK/GV, GPT3, SV, SV%ES
    14 team, 29 player roster (6 Minors) - Keep 20 players + 6 Minors Dynasty H2H League G, A, P, PPG, PPA, PPP, SOG, HIT, BLK, W, GAA, SV%, SV, SHO
    12 team, 18 player roster - Full Re-Draft H2H League. G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG. W, GAA, SV%, SHO

Dobber Sports Initiate

From what I read prior to season start was that Torts was going to change the system to open up the offense. I am assuming that this new system has been at the expense of some defensive play. I would retain Elvis as I dont believe in Korpi long term in Colombus. Korpisalo is the G Colombus was trying to move in the offseason with no takers from what I heard as the ask was too high. I think the Jackets believe in Merzlikins as their goalie long term imo. I owned both Elvis and Korpi in one keeper and had to cut Korpisalo. May have been the wrong decision but had to go with common sense. Elvis got the bigger contract and Korpi has always been a backup.
    24 team cap league, HTH Pts. 25 PLAYER ROSTER C3/LW3/RW3/F3/D6/G1

G & A = 1PT.
    HT.BLK.PIM.SOG.=0.05 / PPP=0.5/ FOW=0.01/ +/- =.25
    W=2 SHO=3 SV=0.1 GA=-1 OL=1 SHL=1

Connor - Barkov - Ehlers
    Hagel- Couturier - Tarasenko
    Frederic - Tyler Johnson - Nichuskin
    Vatrano - - Guriano

Dobber Sports Immortal

Elvis is already confirmed for tomorrow so wait and see how that goes.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby4Ever View Post
    From what I read prior to season start was that Torts was going to change the system to open up the offense. I am assuming that this new system has been at the expense of some defensive play. I would retain Elvis as I dont believe in Korpi long term in Colombus. Korpisalo is the G Colombus was trying to move in the offseason with no takers from what I heard as the ask was too high. I think the Jackets believe in Merzlikins as their goalie long term imo. I owned both Elvis and Korpi in one keeper and had to cut Korpisalo. May have been the wrong decision but had to go with common sense. Elvis got the bigger contract and Korpi has always been a backup.
    The Dobber groupthink continues. While the party line is that Elvis will inevitably take over, Korpisalo remains as the goalie that Torts turns to when he's in a pinch. We've seen it this year so far and we saw it in the playoffs. Maybe the Elvis side will eventually prove correct, but this reminds me years ago when the party line on this site was that Golden Boy Bernier would eventually win out over Quick as the LA starter, in spite of what we saw on the ice. I think in the present that Torts' instinct is to go with Korpisalo and until that changes we'll continue to see this 1A/1B situation with a slight leaning towards Korpisalo.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

the Jackets next 7 games are Preds x4, Hawks x2, and Detroit

definitely hold if those are your options

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Both Korpi & Elvis hit the wire this week and are now sitting in FA. Who thinks they're worth nabbing?

I too have been looking at the upcoming schedule wondering if I need to pull the trigger on one or both to help my goalie woes. I already need to make at least one drop just to get Dumba off IR before I can make any other moves, and I'm not sure which other one or two skaters are droppable.
    12-team H2H Yahoo League
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1UTIL, 2G
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, HIT
    W, GAA, Sv%, SO

C: Benn (LW), Marchessault (LW), Galchenyuk (RW)
    LW: Ovechkin, Marchand, Pacorietty
    RW: Rust (LW), Buchnevich, Fiala (LW), Zuccarello
    D: Josi, Theodore, Sergachev, Dahlin
    G: Mrazek, Khudobin, Sorokin
    IR: Grzylcek

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by NJDev803 View Post
    Both Korpi & Elvis hit the wire this week and are now sitting in FA. Who thinks they're worth nabbing?

I too have been looking at the upcoming schedule wondering if I need to pull the trigger on one or both to help my goalie woes. I already need to make at least one drop just to get Dumba off IR before I can make any other moves, and I'm not sure which other one or two skaters are droppable.
    I don't see a drop for you.