Page 18 of 121 FirstFirst ... 8 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 28 68 118 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 DobberBaseball League

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Re: 2021 DobberBaseball League

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Butch since you're in the middle based on the order you could just have one guy at each end of the draft.

After you pick and it's going from 6 to 1 you could send to me or 2014.

After you pick and it's going 6 to 12 you could send to Axe.

- - - Updated - - -

But again the majority of picks are done in the day time during the week.
    butch - if you wanted someone outside the draft I bet Eskimo Brother would help you out with making your picks if you sent a list.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    butch - if you wanted someone outside the draft I bet Eskimo Brother would help you out with making your picks if you sent a list.
    Happy to take a list of/when necessary from whoever wants to send one over.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Stud

Can we get a link to last year's draft pick thread so us new guys can see how drafts usually go with this group?

GET WELL SOON, DOBBER.

The Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by forsbergfan View Post
    Can we get a link to last year's draft pick thread so us new guys can see how drafts usually go with this group?
    If you put DobberBaseball in the search i figure you should get all historical pick threads.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by forsbergfan View Post
    https://forums.dobbersports.com/show...aft-Picks-Only

The Wolverine

We're all changing our strategies so you'll be wasting your time.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by horrorfan View Post
    We're all changing our strategies so you'll be wasting your time.
    Sure you are

GET WELL SOON, DOBBER.

The Wolverine

It will be interesting to see what impact (if at all) the shortened season has on everyone's strategies, player evaluations etc. I also look forward to the comments and reactions after some picks - I'm sure there will be some surprises!

Dobber Sports Master

I found an area thats shows the returning gm's picks from last season so I'll be cutting your grass on a batter ; sorry pick 7

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    ok , sounds good .
    eb , h'robot,axe .

all I ask is to read any instructions carefully -for example list is only to be used for round 1 etc.

I think once we get deep into the draft I'll make lists and ask that best judgement is used for what positions are needed to round out bench depth

The Wolverine

For me, if I feel like giving someone a list to help speed things up, I'll only do it if I have specific options that will be obvious when it's my turn to pick. I won't give a list if I'm not sure who I will choose (i.e. positional impact) as it could depend on the picks before me. I won't want you to make a judgment call on my behalf. If needed, I'll probably give to someone near the bottom of the order since I'm near the top. Usually I'm good to pick early the next day if I'm due the night before.

That said, if the draft goes at a good pace (sending PMs to the next person helps a lot - I can't emphasise this enough), then unless someone is busy we might not need lists too often. Hopefully that will be the case but we'll see how it goes. Starting a couple days before a weekend might give us that buffer for slower periods where people are busy.

4 days...

Dobber Sports Deity

Kawee sent me a 1st round list last night in case he's not around. Feel free to send me one if you want.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by horrorfan View Post
    For me, if I feel like giving someone a list to help speed things up, I'll only do it if I have specific options that will be obvious when it's my turn to pick. I won't give a list if I'm not sure who I will choose (i.e. positional impact) as it could depend on the picks before me. I won't want you to make a judgment call on my behalf. If needed, I'll probably give to someone near the bottom of the order since I'm near the top. Usually I'm good to pick early the next day if I'm due the night before.

That said, if the draft goes at a good pace (sending PMs to the next person helps a lot - I can't emphasise this enough), then unless someone is busy we might not need lists too often. Hopefully that will be the case but we'll see how it goes. Starting a couple days before a weekend might give us that buffer for slower periods where people are busy.

4 days...
    subscribing to the thread works well for me . if my phones does a quick vibrate I know its from my fantasy sports dedicated email addy

Dobber Sports Immortal

I have a feeling we won't need many lists this year. Everyone seems pumped.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Yeah, just sent my first round list to axe just to make sure I don't slow down the draft too much by the off chance I don't get on in time.
    12 team deep keeper league, 17 main roster players, 5 prospect players, max 2 goalie keepers for the main roster. point breakdown goes as follows:
    Skaters:
    G is 4 points, 5.2 points for D goals. A is 2.5 points, 3.25 points for defense. 0.07 per FOW, 0.2 points for blocks, hits, and SOG 0.5 points for PIMS and +/-, 3 for SHG, 1.5 for SHA.
    Goalies:
    GS is 1.5 points, -1 for GA, 0.2 for SV, 4 for SHO, and 3 for W.
    Team:
    https://www.fantrax.com/fantasy/leag...gi/team/roster