Thread: Lafreniere vs stutzle

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Lafreniere vs stutzle

I have the option to acquire one of lafreniere or stueztle both are LW in this league, points only league as well. Price is the same for both essentially but who would you lean to for next years progression, before draft its obviously lafreniere but now stueztle is really showing he is going to be special and be one of ottawa's top dogs going forward. Would love to hear some opinions as lafreniere is having a tough time developing it seems as of right now(I understand both are only 19..)

Dobber Sports Monster

Default Re: Lafreniere vs stutzle

I am still going with Laffy. He's off to a slow start but he's still going to be a top notch NHLer. Would need to see more before flipping the order this early on. I think it's just the way things go - no full training camp, no rookie camp, no preseason, less time around your teammates to discuss things, team off to an up and down start collectively. Not every rookie would be impacted the same but I can see why he hasnt hit the ground running - but I feel like when the lightbulb turns on, it'll have been well worth the wait.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Deity

I said before the season began that Lafreniere wouldn't be a great rookie due to the depth ahead of him on the left side. He's slowly climbing the depth chart, from the 3rd line to the 2nd now but the pucks still aren't going in for him, yet. We also knew that Ottawa needed Stuezle more then NY needed Lafreniere so his opportunities would be better.

Long term, I still want Lafreniere.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Icon

We had our entry draft in our 31 team dynasty league 2 weeks ago. Tim Stuetzle went 1st overall followed by Lafreniere and Byfield.

Who knows how they turn out!

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcouples View Post
    We had our entry draft in our 31 team dynasty league 2 weeks ago. Tim Stuetzle went 1st overall followed by Lafreniere and Byfield.

Who knows how they turn out!
    if you had it before season started Laf would have been first...regency bias is a real thing in fantasy...

to the OP, ask your self this: Who would you have taken before season started?....Whatever is the answer, it should not have changed based on 15 games...
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Jedi

you want Lafreniere.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Grand Master

It's too close to call for me, and since I like Stuetzle's name better, so I'll go with him.

Sometimes, you just need to break a tie in a weird way.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Superstar

What's the cost though? What are you paying for one of these guys?

I would pick Lafreniere, but would want to know what I'm giving up first.

Dobber Sports Master

You know I was having this debate with my brother last night, which is better...

Put me in the camp that believes Lafrenière went first for a reason. I say stick with him. As was said it's 15 games. Remember Stamkos's first year? Joe Thornton? Everyone evolves at a different pace and Ottawa is playing loose, as compared to the expectations on Broadway.
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by agentzero View Post
    You know I was having this debate with my brother last night, which is better...

Put me in the camp that believes Lafrenière went first for a reason. I say stick with him. As was said it's 15 games. Remember Stamkos's first year? Joe Thornton? Everyone evolves at a different pace and Ottawa is playing loose, as compared to the expectations on Broadway.
    Here's a question that won't really answer much, but certainly offers a differing opinion.

How do you think Lafreniere would be doing if he was in Ottawa vs NY. Same thing for Stutzle. Of course it's hypothetical, but interesting to think how it could be going for both kids if their roles were reversed.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Master

Stutzle sure was flying last night. He looks pretty great. I wonder what's eating at Laf... bad coach... too many expectations... he doesn't look as fast and as strong as he did in junior... Maybe he needs the same growth hormone supplements Stutzle is taking... Or the ones Necas is taking...
    Blades of Steel

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by agentzero View Post
    Stutzle sure was flying last night. He looks pretty great. I wonder what's eating at Laf... bad coach... too many expectations... he doesn't look as fast and as strong as he did in junior... Maybe he needs the same growth hormone supplements Stutzle is taking... Or the ones Necas is taking...
    the whole rangers team looks step slower than they need to be ...i dont know what it is but there is nobody on that team that has been as good as better than expected maybe with exception of Miller. Even Panarin was slightly struggling based on expectations imo..and now he is gone.

But yes, Sutzle has been very good, every game, other than the opener, i seen him play there was something he did that makes you go WOW. I dont know if had balls to take him over Lafreniere...and since i had picks 2 and 3 i tool Byfield and Sutzle but i been on Sutzle train for a while now and if i only had that 2nd pick it would have been him.
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Master

I agree. I have him over Byfield. Lafreniere I just don't know.. but over Byfield for sure.
    Blades of Steel

Saros, Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Ace

Why do you need to ask such tough questions? Lol.
    I was as big of a laf guy as there was. I didn't expect mcdavid, but expected an impact nonetheless. The covid situation, rags depth etc I think has thrown a wrench into this. Stutzle has looked dynamic and so far at least, it seems he's attached to batherson while norris and tkachuk have been paired. As good as stutzle is here, I think I still take laffy and by a wide margin (not a slight towards stutzle) because I still believe laffy to be not generational, but elite. If he can be parked next to panarin/the real zib etc, I think he will take off at some point (might be next year) and fulfill his promise. He could push panarin for the points lead with the rags sooner rather than later imo.

Dobber Sports Icon

They are both going to be terrific impact players, I rate Laf a touch higher. And in leagues where C v W is a thing it’s Lafreniere all the way.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Twitter: @ross10019

CBS Sportsline 14 team H2H keeper (21-man roster, 14 keepers)
    Weekly lineup changes (start 9F (3/4C and 6/5W) 5D 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W, SV%

Angry Little Elves (formerly Montreal Maulers)
    2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 League Champions
    C: Tavares Hintz Larkin Jenner Seguin Schenn Backlund
    W: Panarin Marchand Hyman Keller Forsberg Batherson Rust Moore Smith
    D: Josi Hamilton Weegar Montour Ekholm Myers Parayko Pettersson Seeler
    G: Vasilevskiy Swayman Kuemper