Thread: Offer for my Ehlers

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Offer for my Ehlers

Hey guys, all the information should be in my signature. I am a rebuilding team, and I got this offer for my Ehlers.

I get:
    John Carlson
    Alex Killorn

For:
    Nikolaj Ehlers
    Jonathan Drouin
    2021 2nd rounder

I know that Carlson is older, at 31 years old. However, it does two things for me. Drouin is a guy I cannot cut, while Killorn is so I gain more flexibility there. Also, I most likely can flip Carlson for even more assets, as Ehlers still wouldn't fetch as much I believe. Is this a no still from my side? FYI, 2nd rounders don't have the highest value in my league so I would be fine losing that. Thanks for all the responses in advance!
    12 team deep keeper league, 17 main roster players, 5 prospect players, max 2 goalie keepers for the main roster. point breakdown goes as follows:
    Skaters:
    G is 4 points, 5.2 points for D goals. A is 2.5 points, 3.25 points for defense. 0.07 per FOW, 0.2 points for blocks, hits, and SOG 0.5 points for PIMS and +/-, 3 for SHG, 1.5 for SHA.
    Goalies:
    GS is 1.5 points, -1 for GA, 0.2 for SV, 4 for SHO, and 3 for W.
    Team:
    https://www.fantrax.com/fantasy/leag...gi/team/roster

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: Offer for my Ehlers

First off - that offer is a yes for me even without knowing that Killorn is more easily cut than Drouin, which is a cherry on top for you. Is this is a league where you get one free buyout a year? (staring at Lindell)
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    First off - that offer is a yes for me even without knowing that Killorn is more easily cut than Drouin, which is a cherry on top for you. Is this is a league where you get one free buyout a year? (staring at Lindell)
    Yes, and you would buyout Lindell over everyone else first?

It would depend on exactly who else you may need to buyout, but he'd be on my short list. I inherited him a multi-cat cap league a few years back, and he was getting cut if I couldn't trade him, luckily I did.

Taking a look:

G: Quick - amazingly same salary as Lindell, but 2 years shorter, plus he's a goalie, so scarcer productivity.
    D: Lindell is your only bad contract. Morrissey is also well paid but gets PP time, and has much more upside for points.
    F: Zucarrello - ugh, horrible contract. Johansen is also a bit of an issue, since Nashville for some reason has scoring issues.

So Zuccarello would be the buyout for me. Maybe somebody bites on Lindell for his grit stats at some point. The bad contracts are just killers when you have too many.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

It would depend on exactly who else you may need to buyout, but he'd be on my short list.

I inherited him a multi-cat cap league a few years back, and he was getting cut if I couldn't trade him, luckily I did.
    I was mainly thinking of buying out Zuccarello this offseason, then Johansen next offseason first.
    12 team deep keeper league, 17 main roster players, 5 prospect players, max 2 goalie keepers for the main roster. point breakdown goes as follows:
    Skaters:
    G is 4 points, 5.2 points for D goals. A is 2.5 points, 3.25 points for defense. 0.07 per FOW, 0.2 points for blocks, hits, and SOG 0.5 points for PIMS and +/-, 3 for SHG, 1.5 for SHA.
    Goalies:
    GS is 1.5 points, -1 for GA, 0.2 for SV, 4 for SHO, and 3 for W.
    Team:
    https://www.fantrax.com/fantasy/leag...gi/team/roster

Quote Originally Posted by Kawee View Post
    I was mainly thinking of buying out Zuccarello this offseason, then Johansen next offseason first.
    I actually finished my post above looking deeper. I agree Zuccarello needs to go first. Maybe you'll get lucky and the Wild will fix that error for you.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I actually finished my post above looking deeper. I agree Zuccarello needs to go first. Maybe you'll get lucky and the Wild will fix that error for you.
    I hope so man, and I feel decent about Petersen and Lankinen in net for me but who knows? Good thing that by the time Byfield, Zegras and Stützle presumably be great and need massive raises, all of them will be gone.