Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL Offseason Discussion

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: NFL Offseason Discussion

Lynch has also said Jimmy G is still his starter for this season so that's a big payment for a QB who could be watching for a year at least.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Lynch has also said Jimmy G is still his starter for this season so that's a big payment for a QB who could be watching for a year at least.
    Massive! That's why I don't believe them haha.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Panthers just added Sam Darnold

https://www.nfl.com/news/jets-trade-...ee-draft-picks

Darnold has been traded from the Jets to the Panthers in exchange for a 2021 NFL Draft sixth-round pick plus second- and fourth-round selection sin the 2022 draft, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported Monday afternoon. The Panthers soon thereafter confirmed the acquisition of Darnold.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Immortal

Ho hum. Not sure he has what it takes.

Dobber Sports Titan

Waste of picks for Carolina. How much better is Darnold over Bridgewater? It's a dumb move in my eyes, and good on the Jets getting anything for him. But man...This won't fix the Jets lol.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Waste of picks for Carolina. How much better is Darnold over Bridgewater? It's a dumb move in my eyes, and good on the Jets getting anything for him. But man...This won't fix the Jets lol.
    Darnold offers them a future QB for years versus Bridgewater who's not someone you build your future around. I believe Darnold is a better QB than most think he is. Thats the way I am looking at this deal, especially if Bridgewater now becomes trade bait.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Titan

Darnold offers them a future QB for years versus Bridgewater who's not someone you build your future around. I believe Darnold is a better QB than most think he is. Thats the way I am looking at this deal, especially if Bridgewater now becomes trade bait.
    I just don't get any of it. Between the 2nd round pick and the cap implications.

Jets have the No2 pick, and likely picking a QB, and likely not picking up Darnolds 5th yr option. Darnold is a FA or a $18.86mill QB next yr. I would think Darnold would have ended up being a FA.

I'm sure they would have structured a deal that could have convinced him to go to the Panthers. If he's not good, they don't exercise the $18.86mill option, and they lose picks for 1yr. He does well, hits his ceiling of a top 15 QB, and they pay him the 17th highest QB salary. The 2nd round pick is just the "whaaa" portion of the trade for me.

And I think Bridgewater has been available for a while, so I dunno what they could get for him. And his contract is not great, but his dead cap is only $5mill if they cut him after this season.

So again, if Darnold does well, he'll actually take up $18.86mill+$5mill=$23.86mill cap space in QB which would be like the 14th cap hit. If it works, they look great, and they got weapons for him to throw too (Anderson, Moore, CMC) and a decent-ish line.

I hope it works for the Panthers as I feel bad for Darnold, he never really was given a chance.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    On the Carolina side it may not pan out but for lack of better options they kinda had to make a deal. Bridgewater looks like a fish out of water. Plus young coach, young QB they could make magic. The Jets didn't really help him.

The Jets side is hoping the make good use of these picks. As well as getting picks for him now makes sense. His value may never be as high as it is now. They have other issue that with the extra picks they just go on top of the ones they had already. Draft capital is always important and they got something for Darnold. Here's to hoping Zach Wilson is the answer.
    Yahoo Fantasy League H2H 12 Team Six Keeper League
    El Volantes

C, C, LW, LW, RW, RW, D, D, D, D, Util, G, G, G, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, IR+, IR+, IR+, NA

Stats:
    G,A,PPP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK, W, GAA, SV% and Shutouts.

4 game minimum starts for goalies per week.

Centers - Couturier/Hayes(C)
    Left Wing - Tartar(LW,RW)/Laine(LW,RW)
    Right Wing – Stamkos(C,LW,RW)//E. Lindholm(C,RW)
    Utility Guy – J McCann (C,LW)
    D-Men -- Fox/Provorov/Slavin/Pulock
    Goalies - Hart/Nedeljkovic/Bobrovsky/Elliott/Halak

Bench –Cirelli(C,RW)/Hughes(LW,C)/Lehtonen (D)/Kubalik(LW/RW)

IR -- Raanta (G)

"The Dude Abides."

Dobber Sports Titan

Also, this depends on the teams evaluations but I wouldn't be shocked if Fields is there at 8.

Lawerence, Wilson, Mac Jones, Pitts, Sewell, Chase, Fields could be the top 7.

Really depends on Atlanta wanting Pitts (best player available thats not a QB, or 2nd to Sewell) and Detroit getting a QB at 7, and with Dan Campbell in Detroit, he might not want to develop a QB right now. And with the reports coming out that Fields isn't a First In Last Out type of QB right now, could deter a guy like DC.

I'm sure they know what's going on more than we do, but if this trade happened on draft night I'd get it a bit more.

If Fields isn't there, I'm sure Lance is. Oh well, can't guess what's happening like I know what's happening behind the scenes.

Dobber Sports Deity

I still think the Niners are taking Lance at 3 but who the hell knows what they will do (assuming Wilson goes 2nd of course). It could be any of Fields, Lance or Jones.

Dobber Sports Titan

I still think the Niners are taking Lance at 3 but who the hell knows what they will do (assuming Wilson goes 2nd of course). It could be any of Fields, Lance or Jones.
    Exactly, there is going to be a QB at 8 for them. But I guess they rather use a 2nd plus blah picks on a 23yr old Darnold hoping for something else. Darnold is only 2yrs older than Fields, so he's still young.

I would have just done the deal on draft day. Maybe hope for someone to trade with you for that pick and use the assets gotten in that to make a move for Darnold.

I guess they can still do that tho.

Dobber Sports Icon

Julian Edelman calling it a career

https://www.cbc.ca/sports/football/n...ment-1.5984927

The definition of clutch! I will never forget the catch against Atlanta.
    Without me, it's only "aweso".

Dobber Sports Immortal

I saw Gio Bernard went to Tampa. Huge blow to Leonard and Jones as I expect Gio to fit VERY well into that James White role.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Is anyone surprised that Washington hasn't announced their new team name yet?

I figured the marketing team would have been all over it in the down period between opening of free agency and the NFL draft.

Think of how many new jerseys they would see of whoever they draft in the first round.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Immortal

For some reason I thought the draft was last night haha. Fun surprise.