Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Thread: NFL Offseason Discussion

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Re: NFL Offseason Discussion

Lots of room out there for either of the WR's if they want to throw. That's a nice 1-2 punch. And "That's all it cost to get Jones?!!"
    Call me old one more time.

- Roy Kent

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Wishing the Panthers were in on this at this cost.

The Panthers 2nd round pick is going to be earlier than the Titans in all reality! haha

Dobber Sports Titan

3 other teams were in on Julio but weren't willing to give what Tennessee was... Wow.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Well he was moved yesterday.

To Titans:
    Julio Jones, 2023 6th round pick

To Falcons:
    2022 2nd, 2023 4th round pick

My guess of 2nd round pick + 5th round pick swap was freaking close.

Titans added a guy who expects to get the ball 7-10 times a game in an offense that threw maybe 25-30 times. The did lose their no2 and 3 in targets from last yr (Jonnu and Corey Davis) but you went out of their way to get a top WR to go along with AJ Brown in an offense that doesn't throw. So unless they're changing their offense with their new HC, and removing Henry from his large load, I don't think this is an ideal spot for Jones. He'll play 12 games, be in the tent and with a trainer during 8 of those games, he'll be hurting for red zone targets just like in Atlanta, and he'll have it tough because I'm sure he's still going to garner double teams.

However, it's a 2nd round pick. Whoever the Titans would have picked in the 2nd round in 2022, wouldn't have much of an impact on their team in 2022. Great trade when it comes to what you gave up, but the fit is just odd to me because it's the Titans. But you can't double team both AJ Brown and Julio, plus Reynolds can go full time slot where he's best suited. Titans possess the best 1-2 punch in the league now, and it cost them a 2nd round pick and like 60picks difference in the late rounds.

Play soft in the middle, Henry eats. Play tight and stack the box, WR eat in the middle. Double team Julio, AJ Brown eats (visa-versa), pull guys to the outside and have help on both, Henry and Reynolds eats.
    Agree 100% with this. Titans offense is going to be tough to handle. From a pure stats perspective, it probably spreads things out a bit but the weapons there are going to be tough to slow down on any given day.

Dobber Sports Genius

Crap totally forgot they got Reynolds from the Rams. Look out AFC. So many offensive weapons and options.

- Roy Kent

Dobber Sports Deity

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/sta...28981042438147

Packers’ QB Aaron Rodgers is not expected to attend Green Bay’s mandatory minicamp that starts Tuesday, per sources. Green Bay could opt to fine him $93,085 for his absences or it could make it an excused absence and waive the fine. But Rodgers is not expected there.
    A-Rod is taking his baby blankie and not going to show up for work. What a guy. He's supposed to be a professional and a leader for this team. Great leadership right there.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Titan

I hate how the NFL operates with their contracts and renegotiation in the middle of deals, and the teams normalizing non-guaranteed deals. But I'm also not a fan of the GB Packers stances on things and I'm all for Rodgers going somewhere that will appreciate him.

The team has not helped him the last few yrs and he's seen Brady and Mahomes get everything they want, and then guys like Garappolo even have enough pieces to do well.

Listening to Rodgers weekly through the season on Pat McAfee show really humanized him and I became a big Rodgers fan of his new found mentality. But the GBP had an opportunity to get Jones for a 2nd round pick, then renegotiate your deals to make him fit cap wise (NFL cap is non-existent), and at best you have Rodgers, Jones, Adams. At worst you have Jones/Adams with Love.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    I hate how the NFL operates with their contracts and renegotiation in the middle of deals, and the teams normalizing non-guaranteed deals. But I'm also not a fan of the GB Packers stances on things and I'm all for Rodgers going somewhere that will appreciate him.

The team has not helped him the last few yrs and he's seen Brady and Mahomes get everything they want, and then guys like Garappolo even have enough pieces to do well.

Listening to Rodgers weekly through the season on Pat McAfee show really humanized him and I became a big Rodgers fan of his new found mentality. But the GBP had an opportunity to get Jones for a 2nd round pick, then renegotiate your deals to make him fit cap wise (NFL cap is non-existent), and at best you have Rodgers, Jones, Adams. At worst you have Jones/Adams with Love.
    I agree with the first part of your first paragraph in regards to contracts and how they work in the NFL but I disagree with your statement about Rodgers being appreciated. Players in the NFL are shown respect/appreciation by they money they make. They say that every time there's a contract holdout. "Show me respect" "Pay me what I'm worth", etc etc. Rodgers has been well appreciated in his time in Green Bay and his earnings show that. He's the 4th highest career earning player currently in the NFL, making over $240M from GB. For a guy who has one SuperBowl ring, I'd say he's been WELL appreciated.

Maybe he should do what Brady did and restructure his deal, take less against the cap, to allow the team to bring in better players around him. First he's got to get his sorry a$$ to camp and play on the contract he's still signed for.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I agree with the first part of your first paragraph in regards to contracts and how they work in the NFL but I disagree with your statement about Rodgers being appreciated. Players in the NFL are shown respect/appreciation by they money they make. They say that every time there's a contract holdout. "Show me respect" "Pay me what I'm worth", etc etc. Rodgers has been well appreciated in his time in Green Bay and his earnings show that. He's the 4th highest career earning player currently in the NFL, making over $240M from GB. For a guy who has one SuperBowl ring, I'd say he's been WELL appreciated.

Maybe he should do what Brady did and restructure his deal, take less against the cap, to allow the team to bring in better players around him. First he's got to get his sorry a$$ to camp and play on the contract he's still signed for.
    Well drafting Love/Dillion that play positions that really only have 1 starter while not helping Rodgers with weapons in WR either shows they think Rodgers was done, or "we think Rodgers can pull up fringe guys to the point where we don't need to draft a WR and go for it with him one or two last times". Or going to the TE route in FA when Rodgers doesn't use TE. Maybe appreciation of Rodgers isn't the right thought, but appreciation of Rodgers input might be the better way to go.

KCC approached Alex Smith prior to drafting Mahomes to just be like, "this is what we're doing" and Smith has said it sucked but the fact they talked to him was a sign of respect for him. Seems like GBP is more the organization that has gone, "You're the player, we're the team. You shush and play" and that's good for them, fits their identity. But when your star player wants input or to be heard, you gotta change.

I think it did come out GBP did try to go up and get Jefferson and Aiyuk by trading up but got out bid (Jefferson pick+others for Diggs and 1st+4th+5th for Aiyuk pick). So they have tried, but ultimately couldn't get it done.

Like I said, I hate the NFL contract structure. But I can't hate players for doing what they can when a team can cut players mid deal. It's two sided in my eyes.

Dobber Sports Titan

Stephen Gilmore holding out of Patriots mandatory camp as he's looking for a new deal.

Dobber Sports Titan

Xavier Howard now wanting a new deal with the Fins.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Big news out of the NFL today...

Carl Nassib took to Instagram on Monday to come out as gay. The 28-year-old Las Vegas Raiders defensive end becomes the first active NFL player to announce that he is gay.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Titan

Fantastic he's done this. Big move.

Dobber Sports Genius

Great move for him personally. But sadly it is the NFL and I just wonder how long they will (players, coaches, management and even fans) be able to deal with this.

- Roy Kent

Dobber Sports Titan

The fact he's an NFL regular, they'll be forced to deal with it, unlike Michael Sam who shouldn't have been drafted to begin with.