Thread: Drew Doughty hurt on blocked shot

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Drew Doughty hurt on blocked shot

Doughty (upper body) suffered an injury on a blocked shot in the third period, Jack Harris of the Los Angeles Times reports.

Doughty was hurt while killing a penalty in the third period. He produced an assist, a hit and three blocked shots prior to his exit.

It could be a long-term thing.. and the question is who is next in line to get his spot on the top PP unit? Until Walker returns who would be given the opportunity - Kale Clague most likely? Mikey Anderson?!
    Devils & Predators fan

The Wolverine

Default Re: Drew Doughty hurt on blocked shot

Quote Originally Posted by j0hn_d0e View Post

It could be a long-term thing..
    Just wondering - where did you hear it could be a long term thing? I see this saying he's DTD and there's a chance he could play tonight:

https://twitter.com/Jack_A_Harris/st...95440669294593

If you're just speculating or considering the implications if it was a long-term thing, it would be preferable if you made that clear. Thanks.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Re: Drew Doughty hurt on blocked shot

Quote Originally Posted by horrorfan View Post
    Just wondering - where did you hear it could be a long term thing? I see this saying he's DTD and there's a chance he could play tonight:

https://twitter.com/Jack_A_Harris/st...95440669294593

If you're just speculating or considering the implications if it was a long-term thing, it would be preferable if you made that clear. Thanks.
    It was a speculation. My bad that I wasnt't clear on this. I watched the game recap between Sharks and Kings and the commentator said ''It will be a problem for the Kings for the rest of the way if Doughty is unable to play for an extended period of time ''. Then I decided to check LA Kings page on hfboards and a lot of fans were saying that the injury looked bad and i could be a long term... Yes, it was a speculation at that time, but that could have helped some GM to react ahead of time and do something about it. It turns out that Doughty is good to go today which is great news. Never good to see a player of his caliber gets injured for longer period of time. We are all hockey fans after all, forget fantasy for a second
    Devils & Predators fan