Hi there. Obviously I\'m bias, but I\'m the commissioner for the best damn hockey pool around! Our pool\'s been going since the early nineties. We have 16 teams in our league which is composed of an A and B division. Prize payouts are higher in A and the top three teams from B move up to A and the bottom 3 from A move down to B each year.

This year due to different circumstances we have 4 openings. It\'s very competitive and you\'ll need to have knowledge of all type of players or at least the ability to learn quickly. It\'s a keeper pool with an auction and salary cap. It\'s rotisserie-style using Goals, Assists, +/-, penalty minutes, goalie gaa and goalie pts.

Each roster has 12F, 6D, 2G and a 10 man reserve. 16 teams x 30 players = 480 players. So we go pretty deep. That averages out to 16 players per NHL team so you gotta know your stuff or have the time to learn. Plus there are free agent pickups. Trading is allowed, in fact there are lots of trades made, some owners make 1 or 2 a year and others 1 a week.

We have 4 teams available. Assuming we get 4 new owners, the 4 new owners will have a mini-draft in mid-Sept of the players on the 4 available teams. This will allow for a fair beginning for all 4 new owners rather than handing out each available team to a new owner. The entry fee for each team is $100. All $1600 gets paid out in prizes.

Our auction date (or what we like to prefer to as our Christmas) has been set for Oct 3rd. It lasts about 6 hours. On average about 12 players are proteted by each team, so approximately 125 players are bought at the auction and then after the uaction we have a 10 round reserve draft. 11 of the 12 owners are in Winnipeg, the other in Calgary. We would prefer any new owners to be in person at the auction in Winnipeg but we do have the ability to handle up to 2 phone lines on a speakerphone. If you\'re in Calgary you can meet up with our Calgary owner.

You can put as much time into it the pool as you want. Some owners are quite efficient and spend 15 to 30 minutes each week doing moves and others like myself at times ponder for hours whether to claim Daniel Carcillo and who to relase for him! (good thing I can ponder and do my day job at the same time).

So if you want more info and a link to our website and rules, let me know. Best way to contact me is to send an email to [email protected].

Post edited by: kewlkinger, at: 2007/08/26 21:06

Post edited by: kewlkinger, at: 2007/08/26 21:07