Thread: Trade/upgrade options???

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Trade/upgrade options???

Help wanted!!!

A GM in my league has officially decided to rebuild so he is interested in trading for draft picks, my Zegras and a defenseman (Byram?). League and team in sig. Bolded players are on my active roster. In win now mode.

Players he has that interest me for cap amounts and upside are Bjorkstrand ($2,5M), Vrana ($3,35M) and Kyrou ($0.88M)

Anyone have any trade ideas I could make? Players I think I should upgrade are Kahun ($0,975) and Thomas ($1.178M) . Maybe Zadina ($1,744M)? Others?

As usual any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
    Last edited by pumpkinxyz; February 6, 2021 at 2:32 PM. Reason: Added cap amounts
    8 Teams - Season long points only limited keeper (7F, 4D, 1G) cap league using cap hit
    Active lineup : 20 (12F, 6D, 2G)
    Bench: 6 (3F, 2D, 1G)
    10 trades for FAs + 10 moves between lineup and bench
    G (1 pt), A (1), W (2), SO (2), OTL (1)

F: McDavid, Stutzle, Hischier, Hyman, Konecny, Raymond, Perfetti, Guentzel, Bratt, Drouin, JT Miller, Peterka, Guenther, L. Carlsson, Zary
    D: Makar, Q. Hughes, Malinski, Durzi, Harley, Sanderson, Clarke, Lundkvist
    G:Sorokin, Demko, Georgiev
    NHL cap : $83.5 cap (bench doesn't count against cap)

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: Trade/upgrade options???

I know Zegras is not in the NHL, and you are a limited keeper, but I’m just unsure if Bjorkstrand or Vrana move the needle enough. Vrana’s all over the lineup, while Bjorkstrand is firmly in the Torts blender. Maybe try Bjorkstrand and Kyrou for Zegras and Zadina, but again, I don’t know if that helps enough.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I like the 3 you like, but prefer Bjorkstrand & Vrana more, plus Kyrou has that new rookie smell, so he may be hard to land.

Offer Zegras, Bear, and Kahn, maybe a pick?
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

After sleeping on it I wonder if I should be a bit more patient!?

Thomas was injured yesterday so might have to replace him if he's out long term. I could maybe include him in the trade with Zegras and a pick for Bjorkstrand BUT...

Zegras has 5 pts in 2 AHL games, so maybe holding him longer might have his value go up? Kahun also had his 3rd point in the last 4 games so if he produces a bit every once in a while he's worth the pennies he costs.

Guess I'm having doubts this is the right time to give up assets!? I am a tiny 6 points behind first place right now.
    8 Teams - Season long points only limited keeper (7F, 4D, 1G) cap league using cap hit

F: McDavid, Stutzle, Hischier, Hyman, Konecny, Raymond, Perfetti, Guentzel, Bratt, Drouin, JT Miller, Peterka, Guenther, L. Carlsson, Zary

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Well the asking price for Bjorkstrand is Zegras + a 3rd round pick. I quickly declined. We will most likely add a new GM next season that will get to pick 12 FA players after we hand in our keepers and before draft so the value of picks will increase in my opinion.

Right decision to decline and be patient?

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Agreed, decline and hold onto Zegras. He should be up very soon as ANA needs his scoring prowess in my opinion.
    12 team deep keeper league, 17 main roster players, 5 prospect players, max 2 goalie keepers for the main roster. point breakdown goes as follows:
    Skaters:
    G is 4 points, 5.2 points for D goals. A is 2.5 points, 3.25 points for defense. 0.07 per FOW, 0.2 points for blocks, hits, and SOG 0.5 points for PIMS and +/-, 3 for SHG, 1.5 for SHA.
    Goalies:
    GS is 1.5 points, -1 for GA, 0.2 for SV, 4 for SHO, and 3 for W.
    Team:
    https://www.fantrax.com/fantasy/leag...gi/team/roster

Quote Originally Posted by pumpkinxyz View Post
    Well the asking price for Bjorkstrand is Zegras + a 3rd round pick. I quickly declined. We will most likely add a new GM next season that will get to pick 12 FA players after we hand in our keepers and before draft so the value of picks will increase in my opinion.

Right decision to decline and be patient?
    If you feel Zegras will be up soon, then declining makes sense.

I'm not sure why you think pick value will increase when the pool to draft from is watered down, unless you are planning to deal picks to the new guy.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    If you feel Zegras will be up soon, then declining makes sense.

I'm not sure why you think pick value will increase when the pool to draft from is watered down, unless you are planning to deal picks to the new guy.
    Well I'm not sure if he'll be coming up soon, but I guess I feel like there's a chance and waiting to see how he does in the AHL. It's also because I think him and a 3rd rounder would be an over payment especially considering the same GM basically just traded Andersen and his 8th rounder four Brannstrom and a 6th. So it feels like he's trying to pull a fast one on me.

For the pick value portion, I just feel that adding a new GM that gets to choose any 12 FA players available after we hand in our keepers will dilute the available player pool. It also adds an extra pick each round of the draft so what would normally be available at certain rounds will be gone earlier. I know everyone is gonna play by the same rules but I just think draft picks, especially early ones will be more valuable this upcoming season.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

How on earth is anyone "rebuildng" in a 7 team league?? Haha

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by TheBends View Post
    How on earth is anyone "rebuildng" in a 7 team league?? Haha
    Not sure I get it either. This GM didn't protect Guentzel and Connor last year and dropped Kucherov this year, which he could have kept on his bench at no cost.

Quote Originally Posted by pumpkinxyz View Post
    Not sure I get it either. This GM didn't protect Guentzel and Connor last year and dropped Kucherov this year, which he could have kept on his bench at no cost.
    So he's not rebuilding, he's just dumb.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    So he's not rebuilding, he's just dumb.
    I decline to comment! (Me say while looking at Guentzel and Kucherov on my roster)