Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Grab DeAngelo?

I...am your father.

Default Re: Grab DeAngelo?

Just realized something else - my other daughter's name is Avery LOL

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    So... the list I'm seeing from you is:
    That is my full and complete list, yes. Are we done with the funny rhetoricals? haha
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

I...am your father.

So... the list I'm seeing from you is:
    nobody
    nobody
    nobody
    nobody
    nobody
    nobody
    nobody
    nobody
    You also forgot
    nobody
    - try not to misquote me!

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

I...am your father.

I'm gonna have so much fun in this thread when he's traded.
    Just to prepare you for your replies when that happens, you can create this emoji: by using a colon and then the word "bow" and then another colon.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Thanks for the advice so far everyone. I'm also taking great pride in what I've started here. LOL
    Yahoo, H2H Categories, 1 Year, 12 Teams
    2C, 2RW, 2LW, 4D, 2G, 4BN

Skaters: G, A, +/-, PPP, SOG, HIT
    Goalies: W, GAA, SV%, SHO

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Yeah... when we all got together online last night and said "What kind of thread will bring Dobber out to chat?"...
    And then chuck says "Let's do TonyD".
    And then we say "Ok, let's get Maritimer to post it".
    And Axe is like "OK, I'll be FOR TonyD... and Peng and chuck will be anti-TonyD".
    Nodding, nodding...

Honestly... I didn't think this was gonna work.

I...am your father.

Yeah... when we all got together online last night and said "What kind of thread will bring Dobber out to chat?"...
    And then chuck says "Let's do TonyD".
    And then we say "Ok, let's get Maritimer to post it".
    And Axe is like "OK, I'll be FOR TonyD... and Peng and chuck will be anti-TonyD".
    Nodding, nodding...

Honestly... I didn't think this was gonna work.
    It was genius! I promoted the forum on Twitter and wanted to contribute to some of the conversations. I like this one. I have good opinions on it. I did, as I said in the Ramblings, shed myself of TonyD though. Very much a bail in keeper leagues. Thank goodness I got out right away. But shorter term, I think he has 25 good games this season. Perhaps even great, surprising numbers. After that it's really up to him, but I have little faith

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I would wait and see on where he lands, as many others have stated here already. If he lands on a team that has PP1 for the taking, then he would be a good flier. But it's a interesting situation, to see what team actually wants to deal with his baggage.
    12 team deep keeper league, 17 main roster players, 5 prospect players, max 2 goalie keepers for the main roster. point breakdown goes as follows:
    Skaters:
    G is 4 points, 5.2 points for D goals. A is 2.5 points, 3.25 points for defense. 0.07 per FOW, 0.2 points for blocks, hits, and SOG 0.5 points for PIMS and +/-, 3 for SHG, 1.5 for SHA.
    Goalies:
    GS is 1.5 points, -1 for GA, 0.2 for SV, 4 for SHO, and 3 for W.
    Team:
    https://www.fantrax.com/fantasy/leag...gi/team/roster

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Dobber View Post
    It was genius! I promoted the forum on Twitter and wanted to contribute to some of the conversations. I like this one. I have good opinions on it. I did, as I said in the Ramblings, shed myself of TonyD though. Very much a bail in keeper leagues. Thank goodness I got out right away. But shorter term, I think he has 25 good games this season. Perhaps even great, surprising numbers. After that it's really up to him, but I have little faith
    I'm one of the few around here who believe he's getting traded or at least openly said so, so I'm with ya. I believe there's teams interested in his services. I just don't think he's an 80 pt Dman. I'm not sure there's teams out there who will give him the opportunity to get there but as I've said a few times about Deangelo lately, we'll see.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Grand Master

There aren't a lot of teams with decent cap room and a need/want. Notably, all except Ottawa are US teams, so it means quarantine isn't a big issue. From Cap Friendly- teams with at least $1.3M in cap room, with DeAngelo at $3.75M

9.35 - Senators (Chabot, don't need him, but if they can figure a way to save actual cash paid, sure)
    9.34 - Kings (not contending, but maybe)
    7.55 - Red Wings (not contending, but maybe)
    6.70 - Devils (not contending, but maybe)
    4.16 - Sharks (Karlsson/Burns so they don't need him)
    3.98 - Panthers (Quenneville would NOT want him)
    3.56 - Predators (Josi+ so they don't need him, and Hynes couldn't control him)
    3.03 - Bruins (This might actually work)

Next up is the Flyers at 1.27M, and Vigneault would probably want him less than Quenneville. AS you go furthere down the list, you start to get to some teams where there may be something that could work, but it's less clear.

Arizona might be a fit, if Demers is enough of a return for DeAngelo.

Ottawa for Zaitsev, Dadoonov or somebody else that saves Ottawa money overall in year 2+ could work, as could something with the Bruins.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Padawan

The truth is, nobody actually knows what will happen, and anyone who claims they do is talking out their ass. All we can do is speculate.

My opinion is he will play in the NHL again this year. I also believe it won't be anytime soon. My best guess is he gets traded near the trade deadline. GMs will probably want to give this whole situation time to cool down before jumping on it. But I do believe it will happen. He has too much offensive talent.

So with that being said, I do not think it's worth picking him up and stashing him at the moment. You just gotta keep up with the news and the second you hear rumblings that a trade is imminent, then I would take the chance and grab him. But not before.

Also, unrelated, Dobber, you just listed Erik Karlsson as one of the ~7 players you think has PPG potential this season. Can you expand on that a little? I think he's clearly declining but am not a big Sharks guy.

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by snipshow101 View Post
    The truth is, nobody actually knows what will happen, and anyone who claims they do is talking out their ass. All we can do is speculate.

My opinion is he will play in the NHL again this year. I also believe it won't be anytime soon. My best guess is he gets traded near the trade deadline. GMs will probably want to give this whole situation time to cool down before jumping on it. But I do believe it will happen. He has too much offensive talent.

So with that being said, I do not think it's worth picking him up and stashing him at the moment. You just gotta keep up with the news and the second you hear rumblings that a trade is imminent, then I would take the chance and grab him. But not before.

Also, unrelated, Dobber, you just listed Erik Karlsson as one of the ~7 players you think has PPG potential this season. Can you expand on that a little? I think he's clearly declining but am not a big Sharks guy.
    Karlsson - 99% he'll never do it again, I'd bet hundreds on it. BUT, he has done it before, is not old (like Burns), so maybe things get going for him again. If the injuries are behind him, he's done it before. One of only like three active guys who has done it before.

And yes, all we can do is apply logic as best we can to play the odds. Everything I say is about playing the odds, even if sometimes those odds are only 51%. You play with the edge you have

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I'm one of the few around here who believe he's getting traded or at least openly said so, so I'm with ya. I believe there's teams interested in his services. I just don't think he's an 80 pt Dman. I'm not sure there's teams out there who will give him the opportunity to get there but as I've said a few times about Deangelo lately, we'll see.
    To clarify - I don't think he's an 80-point defenseman either. But he is one of 'maybe' 7 defensemen who CAN do it. And that's why teams are bothering. I don't think they would bother if his highest upside was 55-60 points, like a Dumba.

Okay Pengwin, I will make a guess, er I mean pick: Calgary will get him. That's my prediction and I'm...let's say... 7% certain of it!

Dobber Sports Padawan

To clarify - I don't think he's an 80-point defenseman either. But he is one of 'maybe' 7 defensemen who CAN do it. And that's why teams are bothering. I don't think they would bother if his highest upside was 55-60 points, like a Dumba.

Okay Pengwin, I will make a guess, er I mean pick: Calgary will get him. That's my prediction and I'm...let's say... 7% certain of it!
    As a Flames fan, I actually have no idea how I would feel about us acquiring him... :/
    Yahoo, H2H Categories, 1 Year, 12 Teams
    2C, 2RW, 2LW, 4D, 2G, 4BN

Skaters: G, A, +/-, PPP, SOG, HIT
    Goalies: W, GAA, SV%, SHO

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I think Tony D is a perfect fit in Boston, he has that real “Masshole” vibe about him!
    8 Team Dynasty - G/A/plusminus/PPP/SHP/SOG/FW/HIT/BLK ——
    W/SV%/SV/SO
    C: A. Matthews, E Pettersson, V Trocheck, A Kopitar, C Mittelstadt,
    LW: B Marchand, B Tkachuk, K Kaprizov, J Huberdeau, V Nichushkin, E Kane, J McCann
    RW: D Pastrnak, W Nylander, JT Miller, T Meier, Z Hyman, R Hartman
    D: Q Hughes, B Burns, D Nurse, M Matheson, K Letang, B McNabb
    G: D Kuemper, V Vanecek, J Woll
    IR: L Couture, L Schenn
    NA: P Kochetkov

Dobber Sports Icon

Wanna bet?
    Yes, I do. Here's my proposal.

If DeAngelo gets traded this NHL season AND plays a game for the new team, I will buy 2 platinum packages for next year for you to give away however you want.

If he does not get traded AND play a game for his new team this season, you cover my platinum subscription for next year.

I am giving you 2 to 1 odds!