Poll: Superbowl 2021

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Who wins the Superbowl?

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Re: Who wins the Superbowl?

I agree with those that say its very hard to bet against Brady having won 6/9 Super Bowls in the last 20 years (1st in 2001). TB12 has played in almost half of the championship games in 2 decades - that's wild - seriously just think about that - that is domination.

I don't know who could have his team more prepped to play in a game like this than Brady. Additionally, Brady has a ton of offensive weapons at WR and the TE's match up well too but Gronk historically has been more dominant over Kelsey. Lastly, for the Bucs, their Defense is very good - everyone is saying that GB was dumb and threw a 3 picks and made poor choices - but I think some credit needs to go to the Bucs D here as well for that. Aaron Rodgers has just as many SB's as Mahomes and is one of the best in the game. GB is a good team - they didn't choke, they lost.

KC is no joke obviously, won a SB last year and is a very talented and well coached team... so they very well could win it. This isn't a good matchup for them though imo - and TB12 Bucs aren't the 49ers. How do you bet against the GOAT though?

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by FFleming5 View Post
    KC is no joke obviously, won a SB last year and is a very talented and well coached team... so they very well could win it. This isn't a good matchup for them though imo - and TB12 Bucs aren't the 49ers. How do you bet against the GOAT though?
    SF to TB
    Great defense
    Good run game
    QB who can't throw

Dobber Sports Titan

and its notlike KCC is a beast in the first quarters this yr either.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

There is supposedly a ‘cross-sport’ props bet available.

who will score more points on Sunday. Kansas City Chiefs or Kevin Durant
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    There is supposedly a ‘cross-sport’ props bet available.

who will score more points on Sunday. Kansas City Chiefs or Kevin Durant
    Oh ya those can be found on some sites. I've never touched them though.

Dobber Sports Deity

I don't like either team, but I can't stand Brady so I'm hoping for the Chiefs. That means Brady will probably deflate his way to another ring.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Immortal

Guys. I'm very excited for today.

Dobber Sports Icon

7!!

Dobber Sports Immortal

That was such a dud of a game. I'm so disappointed in all things sports.

Dobber Sports Immortal

I couldn't even watch the 4th quarter. What a disaster for KC. First double digit loss for Mahomes in his career. I guess I underestimated the importance of Eric Fisher. I'm not sure how considering he was drafted 1st overall. But I guess I just thought Mahomes would do what he does.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    I couldn't even watch the 4th quarter. What a disaster for KC. First double digit loss for Mahomes in his career. I guess I underestimated the importance of Eric Fisher. I'm not sure how considering he was drafted 1st overall. But I guess I just thought Mahomes would do what he does.
    I mean the game played out exactly as I predicted a few days ago - Brady looked like the GOAT winning #7 (really not sure how you bet against this guy), the Tampa defense was very underrated and Mahomes had no answer. Not sure Eric Fisher would've made the difference here as Mahomes did not have a single TD and it was a 22 point loss

Dobber Sports Deity

The TB defense won that Super Bowl. Plain and simple. They dominated the Chiefs. If anyone deserves the MVP award, it should be Todd Bowles for his preparation and game design against a very, very good KC offense.

Brady Schmady, that D was something to watch.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    The TB defense won that Super Bowl. Plain and simple. They dominated the Chiefs. If anyone deserves the MVP award, it should be Todd Bowles for his preparation and game design against a very, very good KC offense.

Brady Schmady, that D was something to watch.
    Agreed. Brady just won by default because nobody made a few big plays.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Agreed. Brady just won by default because nobody made a few big plays.
    They could have easily picked one or two of their D players for the MVP award as well, but we knew that would never happen. Devin White was a beast out there the whole game. You rarely saw Mahomes get a good throw off where he looked comfortable throwing the ball.

I get it, people love Tom Brady. To me, the the most accomplished athlete ever but when it comes to winning a sport like football, where there's 60 players on a roster, one man doesn't win it by himself. So lets show some love to the folks who really made the difference in winning this football game.

Tom Brady didnt win this football game. He was just along for the ride while the TB D made it happen.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    They could have easily picked one or two of their D players for the MVP award as well, but we knew that would never happen. Devin White was a beast out there the whole game. You rarely saw Mahomes get a good throw off where he looked comfortable throwing the ball.

I get it, people love Tom Brady. To me, the the most accomplished athlete ever but when it comes to winning a sport like football, where there's 60 players on a roster, one man doesn't win it by himself. So lets show some love to the folks who really made the difference in winning this football game.

Tom Brady didnt win this football game. He was just along for the ride while the TB D made it happen.
    Exactly. He didn't win it. But he definitely didn't lose it.