Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Kaprizov offer too good to pass up?

Dobber Sports Immortal

Default Re: Kaprizov offer too good to pass up?

Quote Originally Posted by Avs31 View Post
    Will he be the best player in 2 years time? I view as Kap being the best then. I have him pegged as a ppg player this year and that’s with Bjustad as his C? I view Kap’s upside as a Panarin? Maybe I’m wrong I’m just surprised it’s so clear cut on Zib.
    Have you seen the team we're talking about? It is ready to win.

Too much consideration for upside here when I'm assuming most people have watched 2 Kaprizov games in their life.

The Great One

The Rangers are not poised to win. This team is 2-4-1 and dead last in the East division. That’s already nearly insurmountable. Their D is generally young or slow and terrible. But my biggest issue with Zibanejad is he has two seasons over 70 points - out of 10. And the second one of those he shot 19% when every other full season of his career he shot around 12%. This year he’s got 2 points in 7 games and both his Corsi rel and Fenwick rel are underwater. Granted he’s only shooting at 4% - but even at his career average (10.9%) that’s 2 more goals to give him 4 points in 7 games. Kaprizov shot around 18% in the KHL. Both his possession stats are in the black so far this year. He’s shooting at just over 14% - I’d expect him to settle in around 14-15%. I just see some big regression flags for Zibanejad and not so for Kaprizov. To me it’s not a slam dunk either way.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Take it now and run, now, if he's taken the deal off the table, break into his home, go on his PC, hack into his account and put the trade back up.
    I own Kap and even if he turns into a 40 goal, 90 point player, you still win this deal right now by a lot, like a lot...like a lot.
    Ziba is already a 30-40 goal scorer (on pace for 50 last year) and ppg player + EK is just gravy.
    12 Team Dynasty League. $4 increase per player a year FP/ reduced salary for 3 years, Keep 8-12 (League Champion 14/15, 16/17, 19/20, 22/23)

Categories - D-G, G, A, PPP, SHP, SoG, Hits/Blocks, FoW, FoW%, Give/Take, Wins, GAA, Save%, Saves.

C: Tavares $33, Eichel $16 (1st yr FP), Trocheck $18, Jenner $9 Beniers $2 (1st yr RC)

W: Ovechkin $18, Hintz $17, Pavelski $11, Zacha $10, Kaprizov $7, Johnston $2 (1st yr RC), Reichel $2 (1st yr RC), Bertuzzi $1, Tippet $1

D: Burns $20, Jones $17, Werenski $16 (2nd yr FP), Matheson $5, Spurgeon $1, OEL $1

G: Shesterkin $7, Sorokin $3 (2nd yr RC), Raanta $1

MLP Bench: Rossi, Nazar, Kovalenko, Nikishin, Morrow, Ivanov

The Great One

Old spoiled gravy is just gross.
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett

IR:

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    The Rangers are not poised to win. This team is 2-4-1 and dead last in the East division. That’s already nearly insurmountable. Their D is generally young or slow and terrible. But my biggest issue with Zibanejad is he has two seasons over 70 points - out of 10. And the second one of those he shot 19% when every other full season of his career he shot around 12%. This year he’s got 2 points in 7 games and both his Corsi rel and Fenwick rel are underwater. Granted he’s only shooting at 4% - but even at his career average (10.9%) that’s 2 more goals to give him 4 points in 7 games. Kaprizov shot around 18% in the KHL. Both his possession stats are in the black so far this year. He’s shooting at just over 14% - I’d expect him to settle in around 14-15%. I just see some big regression flags for Zibanejad and not so for Kaprizov. To me it’s not a slam dunk either way.
    But on the one hand you're expecting Zib to not produce at a level that he's already proven he can produce at on the NHL scale, while also expecting Kaprizov will continue to produce at a level he hasn't proven he can produce at vs harder competition than he's ever had. Your comment about the Rangers crappy D can apply to Minnesota's crappy C as well. Big double standard.

The Great One

Absolutely not. Minnesota’s D is way better that NY’s.
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max

IR:

Dobber Sports Immortal

Absolutely not. Minnesota’s D is way better that NY’s.
    I said crappy C for Minn. As in centres who Kaprizov has to play with.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    I said crappy C for Minn. As in centres who Kaprizov has to play with.
    My bad! That is true - and he’s still better...
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max

IR:

Dobber Sports Immortal

My bad! That is true - and he’s still better...
    Incredibly small sample size. We'll have to agree to disagree.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I’m so glad I didn’t make this trade ouff. Kaprizov is the real deal and Karlsson is donzo.
    8 Team Keeper League
    Keep 35 at the end of the year+5 JR slots(can be kept for 3 yrs after draft or less than 10 NHL games)

Points(4) PIM(0.5) +\-(0.5) Wins(5) SO(5) GA(-0.5) Save(0.1)

Roster:
    17F
    8D
    3G
    12Farm
    5 JR spots

F: Landeskog Mackinnon Kaprizov Panarin Rantanen Bratt Buchnevich Hintz
    Kreider Svechnikov Marner T. Wilson Guentzel Rust Fiala Aho Meier

D: Carlson Toews Theodore Krug Klingberg Barrie Ekblad Weegar

G: Bobrovsky Saros Vasilevskiy

Farm: Hagel, Petersen, Yamamoto, R. Strome, Addison Bjorkstrand ,JEEK, Duchene, Hartman, Severson, Burakovsky ,Nicushkin, Barbashev

JRs: Bourgault L. Cormier Lambos Olausson Zellweger

IR: Couturier/Ellis