Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Deshaun Watson officially requests a trade

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Deshaun Watson officially requests a trade

I cant wait to see where he ends up and what teams are willing to pay for him. It wont be cheap. Id love to see him to my Niners but I can just imagine the starting price is probably Bosa+.

https://twitter.com/theScore/status/1354806962433613830

BREAKING: Deshaun Watson has reportedly requested a trade.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Immortal

Default Re: Deshaun Watson officially requests a trade

What a fractured relationship. For Houston to go from Watson Hopkins and Fuller a year ago to........ Whatever this will be. What a collapse.

Dobber Sports Icon

God I hope he ends up with the Pats!

Although if he ends up in San Fran that should spell the return of Jimmy G to New England and I’d be pretty happy with that too.

Reportedly his top choices are the Jets and Dolphins though.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by 4T2 View Post
    God I hope he ends up with the Pats!

Although if he ends up in San Fran that should spell the return of Jimmy G to New England and I’d be pretty happy with that too.

Reportedly his top choices are the Jets and Dolphins though.
    Well he does have a no-trade clause in his contract, so he can somewhat say where he wants to go. I've heard the Jets in the rumour wheel as well. Robert Saleh going there as the new HC is a great hire IMO.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Titan

I love how the Texans hired a run first QB and Watson was like, "ok yeah I'm officially out. You guys are dumb"
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Immortal

This is another situation that makes me miss Andrew Luck. He could have absolutely dominated this division for years.

Dobber Sports Monster

The QB carousel is going to be fun this offseason.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Administrator

This was a masterclass in how to wreck a relationship with a franchise quarterback, Peter Chiarelli is jealous of how badly they bungled this.

They, unsolicited, offered to make Watson a part of the next hiring process and then doubled back and kept him out of it. Like, if you were going to make your own decision, why'd you offer to involve him in the first place?

I don't want to get ahead of what should be an awesome Super Bowl, but this offseason should be fun with the amount of quarterback movement possible. Perhaps 3-4 quarterbacks in the top 10? Watson and Stafford on the market. I hope they all end up in the NFC!
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    This was a masterclass in how to wreck a relationship with a franchise quarterback, Peter Chiarelli is jealous of how badly they bungled this.

They, unsolicited, offered to make Watson a part of the next hiring process and then doubled back and kept him out of it. Like, if you were going to make your own decision, why'd you offer to involve him in the first place?

I don't want to get ahead of what should be an awesome Super Bowl, but this offseason should be fun with the amount of quarterback movement possible. Perhaps 3-4 quarterbacks in the top 10? Watson and Stafford on the market. I hope they all end up in the NFC!
    One of them can come to the NFC and play for the Panthers... the rest can fill the holes in AFC!

I would seriously love it if Watson became a Panther... but I think the price is way to significant to make that work.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Immortal

I'm thinking he ends up in New England

Dobber Sports Stud

or he goes to the jets and Darnold goes to NE.

WHL - World Hockey League (24 Team - Daily H2H)

Maine Moose 2021-2022

2019 WHL GM of the Year #Supersoft

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by GinFizz View Post
    or he goes to the jets and Darnold goes to NE.
    If he goes to the Jets my guess is Darnold is going back to Houston.

Dobber Sports Stud

or the 2nd pick

WHL - World Hockey League (24 Team - Daily H2H)

Maine Moose 2021-2022

2019 WHL GM of the Year #Supersoft

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    One of them can come to the NFC and play for the Panthers... the rest can fill the holes in AFC!

I would seriously love it if Watson became a Panther... but I think the price is way to significant to make that work.
    Nope. You will embrace Teddy Two-Gloves. The rest of them can fill holes in Chicago, New Orleans, San Francisco, etc. Or so I hope.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Deity

At work, I have at least four other guys in my office who are die-hard football fans. None of us cheer for the same team. We've got a Jets fan, a Pats fan (of course), a Packers fan, a Broncos fan, and I am a Niners fan. We talk football a lot here over our cubicles. LOL!

Yesterday, we were talking after the Watson news broke about him wanting a trade. I brought up the fact that in todays NFL, if you look at all the best starters out there, very few are high draft picks. When I say high draft picks, I am talking top five picks. You have to go all the way down to Goff to find a top five pick whos starting and considered the highest ranked QB, depending on your opinion. Maybe Kyler Murray ahead of Goff, depending on who you are asking. That being said, even if Murray is ahead of Goff, is he a top 10 QB in the league today? Would you prefer him over Mahomes, Russell, Jackson, Brees, Brady, Rodgers, Watson, Prescott, Allen, Big Ben??? Some will say yes over some of the latter names, but I bet most would rather most of these guys over Goff or Murray today. Of course, Brady and Brees are long in the tooth and Ben isn't far behind them and for all we know, we might have seen the last of Brees. Is it worth drafting a QB that high when clearly there's quality later in the draft.

And yes, development can be huge, as well as the team built around them but if they are drafting that high, chances are the team around them isnt that good to start with LOL!

My point being, if I owned a top five pick in the draft, I'd trade it for someone like Watson in a New York minute (no pun intended). The problem is, if you are trading one of those top five picks, you're probably also adding on a bunch to go with it to get him. I find the NFL seriously overpays for stars in trades. Just wait to see what a team pays for Watson in regards to the quality as well as the number of assets to get him.

As a Niners fan, I'd love to have Watson as my starting QB, but not if it's going to cost us something like Bosa, Garappolo, plus a bunch of 1st and 2nd round picks. I'd rather keep those picks and continue to build around Jimmy G.