Thread: Stuetzle's Beer Stein

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Stuetzle's Beer Stein

Hey all,

So I am not sure yet whether I am competing or not this year in the league below in my sig. I suspect that I am not, and have loaded up on some young talent. One of those was Stuetzle. I am wondering however whether it may be a year too early for him given his play so far for Ottawa (that hasn't looked good overall). There are a few players that I'd likely keep there and not sure if Stu would make the cut in a keep 6?

There is some other interesting talent on the FA list, such as Verhaeghe, Norris, Ty Smith etc. that are performing now as well as being intriguing for future impact. Guys picked up from FA list cost an 18th round pick to keep.

Last season's keepers with keeper cost in brackets were: Eichel (5th); Halak (17th); Vrana (18th); Bjorkstand (18th); Buchnevich (18th).
    Pick ups from FA this year are: Garland, Batherson, Chychrun, Kahkonen.
    Keeper costs for next year for others: Stuetzle (11), Hughes (13), Grzelcyk (9th) and Georgiev (17).

Would appreciate any thoughts.

Thanks!
    TEAM (Previous Year's Keepers in Bold):
    Centres: Eriksson Ek, Crosby, Bennett and D Strome
    Wingers: Kucherov, J Robertson, Fiala, Wilson, Stone, Konecny, Drouin
    Dmen: Josi, Dobson, Seider, Montour and Trouba
    Goalies: Hellebuyck, Demko, Allen and Montenbault

H2H CATS:
    Skater Cats: G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SOG, Hit, Blk
    Goalie Cats: GS, W, GAA, SA, SV%

Roster:
    2LW, 2RW, 2C, 4D, 2Util, 2 G

12 team, 6-keeper league (keeper cost based on draft position; keeper cost increases by 2 rnds each year until hits 5th round cost, then increases by 1 rnd each year), 19 rnd draft. Undrafted FA pick ups cost 18th round pick to keep.

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Stuetzle's Beer Stein

So are you asking if Stutzle is a keeper for you at this point? Is that what you're asking?
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    So are you asking if Stutzle is a keeper for you at this point? Is that what you're asking?
    Haha - yes. TLDR, is Stu a keeper in the league format given who I have and given others available?

I appreciate in a full keeper the answer would be for sure, but a keep 6 straddles the line between a keeper and a redraft.

H2H CATS:

Roster:

12 team, 6-keeper league (keeper cost based on draft position; keeper cost increases by 2 rnds each year until hits 5th round cost, then increases by 1 rnd each year), 19 rnd draft. Undrafted FA pick ups cost 18th round pick to keep.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Melloj View Post
    Haha - yes. TLDR, is Stu a keeper in the league format given who I have and given others available?

I appreciate in a full keeper the answer would be for sure, but a keep 6 straddles the line between a keeper and a redraft.
    It's a little early to really determine this. Stutzle is finding his way in the NHL and off to a slow start, but that's typical for kids in their rookie years. He JUST turned 19 and normally rookies at that age struggle in their first year unless they are McDavid types, and there are few of those coming into the league. He might pick it up in the 2nd half, but his deployment right now doesn't suggest that will happen.

Stuetzle will cost you an 11th round pick. Does you league use your keepers as the first six rounds of the draft, so really the draft starts at round 7 or do you have 10 full rounds of picks before you lose your 11th round pick if you keep him?

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post

Stuetzle will cost you an 11th round pick. Does you league use your keepers as the first six rounds of the draft, so really the draft starts at round 7 or do you have 10 full rounds of picks before you lose your 11th round pick if you keep him?
    It would be 10 full rounds before we got to the pick that would be used to keep Stu, so I would not pick a player in the 11th round as that pick would be used to hold Stu.

I guess the other question is whether I would instead hold players like Vrana, Hughes, Bjork, Buch, Chych, Garland or Bath instead of Stu, given they are probably further along in their development, would cost cheaper, but probably have lower ceilings than Stu? I'd still be keeping Eichel, so that leaves 5 keeper places to play with.

H2H CATS:

Roster:

Dobber Sports Deity

If it was me, I'd keep Stutzle as one of my keepers. You just have to understand that he might not hit his full potential for a couple years so there will be growing pains, but I do think he's worth the hold compared to others you are keeping.