Thread: Winnipeg Lines with PLD

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Winnipeg Lines with PLD

Anyone else think Winnipeg will keep their top 2 lines in tact unless they have a string of losses? I know they will look to fit Dubois in but it seems silly to mess with the top 2 lines with the chemistry and success that they are having. I am wondering if they will ease him in with mainly 3rd line deployment and experiment him on the top 2 lines here or there after a while.

" You said you don't give a f*ck about hockey. I've never heard anyone say that before."

Dobber Sports Immortal

Default Re: Winnipeg Lines with PLD

Quote Originally Posted by Ross The Boss Palmer View Post
    Anyone else think Winnipeg will keep their top 2 lines in tact unless they have a string of losses? I know they will look to fit Dubois in but it seems silly to mess with the top 2 lines with the chemistry and success that they are having. I am wondering if they will ease him in with mainly 3rd line deployment and experiment him on the top 2 lines here or there after a while.
    I can't see this happening. PLD is too good and Andrew Copp is not going to keep him away from the top 6.

The Magnificent One

Copp is super hot right now and I get chemistry but they will go cold and maybe better to shelter copp on third line and insert PLD but then again it’s a good thought and who knows what coaches will do.
    18 team H2H Keeper League
    G/A/PPP/SHP/GWG/SOG/FOW/Hits&blks/W/GAA/SV/SV%
    play 4c/8w/6d/1G (2min start)/6 bench/
    C: Hughes, Zacha, Howden, compher, Tierney, Frederic
    W: Gaudreau, Schwartz, M.Tkachuk, Fabbri, Bratt, Yamamoto, Wahlstrom, Okposo, Heinen, M.Folingo, Hinostroza, Mcginn
    D: Hughes, Ceci, Pelech, oleksiak, Holden, Poolman
    G: Markstrom, Oettinger,
    P:Rossi,Bowers,Heponiemi,Kupari,Wise,Dorofeyev,Fir stov,Clarke,Fortin,holloway,Nygard,Aberg,Rasmussen ,Elynuik,M.Jones,Chlapik,Platzer,Bracco,Kuokkanen, Lind,Liljegren,J.Roy,Montembeault,Raaymakers,Woll, prosvetov,Larmi

Dobber Sports Deity

I won't be surprised to see Copp down with Lowry on the 3rd line and PLD on the wing with Stastny.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Genius

If Copp keeps clicking on the 2nd line for the next week and a half the Jets might have a bit of a PR game to play. I'm almost tempted to pick up Copp myself, though I'm not convinced yet that he isn't just a handful of magic beans!

They could start PLD on the 3rd line, say they're getting him used to the system/teammates. OK, cool.

If the top 2 lines with Copp are still doing well AND the 3rd is as well they might keep it up saying how much of an advantage it is to have this depth in the line up.

Both those scenarios might actually be positive for the team as opposed to just PR spin, but ultimately at some point things are going to go cold or need a change and PLD will be on line 2, and it will happen sooner than later.

What I have trouble picturing here is who will be playing the wing other than Ehlers or Connor.

You don't make a big trade for a C because they're "worth more" only to shift them to him to the wing, and I don't know if it makes sense for Stastny to shift over. I don't remember him ever playing wing and he's still a very effective C. Lowry has also been solid as a 3C and would be a vastly overqualified 4C if he's bumped down or to the wing, which isn't necessarily a bad problem to have.

I'm going to guess that you're on the right path Ross the Boss that they'll keep the current top 6 intact until there are a few unproductive games, play PLD on the 3rd until then and figure out the 6th F and bottom 6 when that time comes.
    10 team full keeper roto 4C/LW/RW,6D,2G

G,A,P,+/-,PIM,SOG,GWG,PPP,SHP,Hit,Blk,FOW
    W,GAA,SV,SV%,SHO

C-Aho,Couturier,Matthews,O'Reilly
    LW-Ehlers,Giroux,Panarin,Rust
    RW-Kucherov,Palmieri,Pastrnak,Wilson
    D-Burns,Carlson,Gudas,Josi,Nurse,Pietrangelo
    G-Fleury,F.Andersen,Markstrom
    BN-Zacha

Under 250 gp farm
    Beaucage,Berggren,Bokk,Brisson,Chytil,Dugan,Foerst er,Foote,Frost,Grewe,K.Johnson,Lindblom,Mikheyev,N ybeck,Peterka,Pospisil,Protas,Ranta,Raty,Stankoven ,Suzuki,Tuomaala
    Alexeyev,Brook,Foote,Graves,Poirier,Sanderson,Seid er,Wilde,Woo,Zamula
    Berdin,Brossoit,Commesso,Ersson,Husso,Knight,Koche tkov,Lafontaine,Oettinger,Primeau,Sandstrom,Stolar z,Ustimenko,Vladar

Dobber Sports Deity

It will be interesting for sure. I've seen/heard a couple PLD interviews since the trade. He's currently in quarantine in Winnipeg so he's got time to kill LOL! He has come out and said he's not sure what the plan is yet himself but he's open to starting on the wing and is comfortable playing on either side. He's flexible where he can play all three forward positions effectively, so maybe thats where he starts.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Initiate

per an article on The Athletic, Paul Maurice answered a reporter's question by saying moving Stastny to LW is an "option". The reporter, Murat Ates, then speculated whether Dubois will start on the 2nd line with Ehlers and Stastny.
    24 team cap league, HTH Pts. 25 PLAYER ROSTER C3/LW3/RW3/F3/D6/G1

G & A = 1PT.
    HT.BLK.PIM.SOG.=0.05 / PPP=0.5/ FOW=0.01/ +/- =.25
    W=2 SHO=3 SV=0.1 GA=-1 OL=1 SHL=1

Connor - Barkov - Ehlers
    Hagel- Couturier - Tarasenko
    Frederic - Tyler Johnson - Nichuskin
    Vatrano - - Guriano

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby4Ever View Post
    per an article on The Athletic, Paul Maurice answered a reporter's question by saying moving Stastny to LW is an "option". The reporter, Murat Ates, then speculated whether Dubois will start on the 2nd line with Ehlers and Stastny.
    Makes sense to me.