Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 2019 Forum Awards - Iron Man Elite

I...am your father.

Default 2019 Forum Awards - Iron Man Elite

An exclusive club with just 16 members (100+ posts in a month, 50 months), nobody joined in 2019 - though a couple were closing in.

Here are all the members who, after 2019, hit 100+ posts in a month 50 times...
    ericdaoust 118
    Axeman33 94
    Zorro 76
    The Comish 73
    Pengwin7 68
    zz - Big Ev 67
    2014olympicgold 66
    zz - Shoeless 64
    hockeyrobot 61
    metaldude26 58
    Dobber 58
    zz - mister_mcgoo 55
    doulos 54
    fungchen3 53
    Bomm Bastic 51
    zz - Dakkster 51

And here are the members within range of getting there in 2020 (stay tuned)...
    horrorfan 48
    praba 48
    rataylor22 47
    havanablast21 46
    Eskimo Brother 42
    lucafen4 41
    The Bottlenecker 41
    zz - angus 39
    Carcillo 38

zz - inactive since 2014
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Immortal

Default Re: 2019 Forum Awards - Iron Man Elite

I think I can guess a few who will be on the 2020 list.

The Wolverine

I normally don't focus on these things but 20 more posts over the next three days (actually 19 after this one) to get me to 49 months? (don't think I posted much last year). Difficult for me as I'm not a consistent poster these days but let's see how that goes.

Dobber Sports Immortal

I don't really either but once the 2020 ones are posted I should pass Big Ev. Always room for celebrating.

The Great One

I wish I’d been around for Big Ev. Sounds like an interesting cat. I assume he was a jerk seeing as most are glad he’s gone.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Deity

The first rule of Big Ev is you dont talk about Big Ev. The second rule of Big Ev is you dont talk about Big Ev. LOL!
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Icon

Am I the only one who misses Big Ev?

I mean he definitely pushed the limit sometimes but he was nothing if not entertaining

Whatever happened to angus and Dakkster?

Damn these award posts are making me feel old. I didn’t realize how long I’d been on the forums. 2009 wasn’t yesterday

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by 4T2 View Post
    Am I the only one who misses Big Ev?

I mean he definitely pushed the limit sometimes but he was nothing if not entertaining

Whatever happened to angus and Dakkster?

Damn these award posts are making me feel old. I didn’t realize how long I’d been on the forums. 2009 wasn’t yesterday

Probably not, but you are probably in the minority LOL!

Ev was very knowledgeable in regards to the Sens but he was also very biased when it came to the Sens so it was hard to take his advice without taking that into account.

I do wish he was still around only so I could rub his nose in the fact that Sean Couturier turned into an excellent NHL player. He was hard against him (amongst others) because he hated players coming out of the Q. He had no belief in players coming out of that league as quality players. God knows we had our back and forths on many players but the one that I remember best was my belief in Couturier turning into a solid player and his belief that he would never amount to anything.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post

Ev was very knowledgeable in regards to the Sens but he was also very biased when it came to the Sens so it was hard to take his advice without taking that into account.

I
    And looking back on that now given what you just said, how much of that was probably due to Ottawa taking Zibanejad over Couturier? I'll bet at least some of it.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    And looking back on that now given what you just said, how much of that was probably due to Ottawa taking Zibanejad over Couturier? I'll bet at least some of it.
    hard to say. I just remember our little "disagreements" on various things, and that one stands out to me.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Pretty sure 2020 will bring me one more piece of hardware.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

The Great One

I believe I'll be getting my first in 2020 as well.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

The Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by horrorfan View Post
    I normally don't focus on these things but 20 more posts over the next three days (actually 19 after this one) to get me to 49 months? (don't think I posted much last year). Difficult for me as I'm not a consistent poster these days but let's see how that goes.
    Managed to get it in January so only one month to go. With the DobberBaseball forum draft starting soon, there's a chance I join the club this month. We'll see...

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by horrorfan View Post
    Managed to get it in January so only one month to go. With the DobberBaseball forum draft starting soon, there's a chance I join the club this month. We'll see...
    This is the 2019 post. Would you have hit 100 for the DobberBaseball draft in 2020? If so you might be in the club
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

The Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    This is the 2019 post. Would you have hit 100 for the DobberBaseball draft in 2020? If so you might be in the club
    I know. I mentioned it above, and then subsequently checked that I didn't hit 100 posts in any month last year. Only hit 66 posts in March last year.