Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Try to sell high on Vrana?

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Try to sell high on Vrana?

I love Vrana, I think he's a great player. And it's not really a "sell high" scenario, but when Ovi comes back from covid, Vrana will be busted back down to 2nd-3rd line minutes and second PP.
    There is a Caps fan in my league. Would it be advisable to try and sell him Vrana? Wanted to get opinions if anybody valued any of his players above Vrana. Obviously MacKinnon and likely Kuznetsov are out of the question.

He has:

MacKinnon
    M. Tkachuk
    Kuznetsov
    Debrincat
    E. Kane
    Lee
    Radulov
    Pavelski

Thanks
    One Year. 11 teams. Points only. G=1. A=1. GWG=1. W=2. SO=3
    8 F, 4D, 2G. 5 drops all year. ***NO BENCH, NO IR, SWAP D for D, F for F, G for G ONLY***
    F: P Kane, Wheeler, Kucherov, Malkin, Batherson, Crosby, Eichel, Point
    D: Carlson, Q Hughes, Barrie, Karlsson
    G: Demko, Ullmark

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Try to sell high on Vrana?

I would definitely try and sell high. He's a PP2 guy most nights and only getting prime time right now due to the covid issues. Not sure what you can get for him but reach high and work your way downward if needed. See if you can get Debrincat. Thats who I'd ask for.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I would definitely try and sell high. He's a PP2 guy most nights and only getting prime time right now due to the covid issues. Not sure what you can get for him but reach high and work your way downward if needed. See if you can get Debrincat. Thats who I'd ask for.
    I'm scared to do it because I feel like Vrana could explode this year, but as you say he will never get the minutes behind Ovechkin.
    I like Debrincat, but he's in Covid protocol right now, out 2 weeks minimum. Should I hold until he's closer to coming back?
    8 F, 4D, 2G. 5 drops all year. ***NO BENCH, NO IR, SWAP D for D, F for F, G for G ONLY***

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Aerofoil View Post
    I'm scared to do it because I feel like Vrana could explode this year, but as you say he will never get the minutes behind Ovechkin.
    I like Debrincat, but he's in Covid protocol right now, out 2 weeks minimum. Should I hold until he's closer to coming back?
    That depends. Do you think he will trade Debrincat at all? If you were ever going to get him, it's now while he's out. If you want to gamble in a couple weeks that he'll trade him then sure. If you think this might be your best chance to get him, you have to weigh all the options. Not to mention, what do you think Vrana's value will be in a couple weeks?

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    That depends. Do you think he will trade Debrincat at all? If you were ever going to get him, it's now while he's out. If you want to gamble in a couple weeks that he'll trade him then sure. If you think this might be your best chance to get him, you have to weigh all the options. Not to mention, what do you think Vrana's value will be in a couple weeks?
    I think he might, as you say, right now while Debrincat is sitting. I know Debrincat is good. But, I have a bad taste from last year when he burned me with a subpar season. He's off to a good start this year and pp1 with Kane though so I think I'll try it.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I'm on the same page as Axe. Debrincat seems like a good target and now is the probably the best time to do it. His deployment and likely bounce back from last season's pace puts him ahead of Vrana for me. I too have waited for the Vrana explosion, but based on his usage so far (before the COVID stuff) it's same ol stuff. His highest ice time in 4 games before OV and Co were out was 14:07...yuck. So it's probably safe to say his value will go down soon. I wouldn't wait too long.

Quote Originally Posted by RevRath View Post
    I'm on the same page as Axe. Debrincat seems like a good target and now is the probably the best time to do it. His deployment and likely bounce back from last season's pace puts him ahead of Vrana for me. I too have waited for the Vrana explosion, but based on his usage so far (before the COVID stuff) it's same ol stuff. His highest ice time in 4 games before OV and Co were out was 14:07...yuck. So it's probably safe to say his value will go down soon. I wouldn't wait too long.
    Thanks. Yeah that powerplay will always be Ovi, Backstrom and Carlson. Everyone else will get scraps. I'll try to pull the trigger, and then watch Vrana explode for real haha

The Great One

I just traded Vrana for Boeser...
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    Nice deal.

I made two other offers to two other people, Vrana for Dubois and Vrana for Pettersson,
    didn't hear anything, and in the meantime, the DeBrincat owner accepted the trade. So here we go

Dobber Sports Deity

I made two other offers to two other people, Vrana for Dubois and Vrana for Pettersson,
    didn't hear anything, and in the meantime, the DeBrincat owner accepted the trade. So here we go
    Nice! I wont lie, I figured he would simply because of the Covid situation. He might like that trade today, but I think you'll find you come out on top down the stretch.

Dobber Sports Padawan

You guys inspired me. Just submitted trades for Fiala or DeBrincat for Vrana!
    Yahoo, H2H Categories, 1 Year, 12 Teams
    2C, 2RW, 2LW, 4D, 2G, 4BN

Skaters: G, A, +/-, PPP, SOG, HIT
    Goalies: W, GAA, SV%, SHO

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    Just tried this and it was instantly rejected... LOL
    Yahoo, H2H Categories, 1 Year, 12 Teams
    2C, 2RW, 2LW, 4D, 2G, 4BN

Skaters: G, A, +/-, PPP, SOG, HIT
    Goalies: W, GAA, SV%, SHO

Dobber Sports Master

I love Vrana, I think he's a great player. And it's not really a "sell high" scenario, but when Ovi comes back from covid, Vrana will be busted back down to 2nd-3rd line minutes and second PP.
    There is a Caps fan in my league. Would it be advisable to try and sell him Vrana? Wanted to get opinions if anybody valued any of his players above Vrana. Obviously MacKinnon and likely Kuznetsov are out of the question.

He has:

MacKinnon
    Debrincat
    M. Tkachuk
    Kuznetsov - Vrana

E. Kane
    Lee
    Radulov
    Pavelski

Thanks
    You could try the Debrincat angle but I think Vrana is not in his class... he likely fits here in terms of value:
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Quote Originally Posted by agentzero View Post
    You could try the Debrincat angle but I think Vrana is not in his class... he likely fits here in terms of value:
    Thanks, I actually got the deal done. Hope it works out.