Thread: any of these players worth adding over current roster + is Fiala droppable?

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default any of these players worth adding over current roster + is Fiala droppable?

Here are a few notable available players in our league, scoring is in sig below:

- Pavelski (C & W eligibility)
    - Trocheck
    - Arvidsson
    - Eriksson Ek
    - Radulov

they’re all off to good starts so I wonder if any are worth scooping up if they can maintain or it looks like they’ll have a productive season. Would not be ideal to see them continue flourishing while missing the opportunity to have secured them lol. I know Pavelski has been on fire not just now but dating back to the playoffs where he’s been on some fountain of youth production wise. Early signs this year look as if it’ll continue to be the case ...so yea, if anyone thinks there’s players there worth adding over the players I currently own or would you suggest sitting tight for the time being? Not opposed to running the minimum required 3D while stacking up on forwards either idrk haha

also would it be an overreaction to say I’m concerned about Fiala? He’s off to a pretty slow start but the thing that gets me is his linemates - Bonino&Johansson - are pretty terrible and not ideal. Can’t blame him for not producing having those kind of linemates but it’s just that his output has dropped almost completely. Was on a tear towards the 2nd half of the past season and it’s sort of discouraging seeing him not be close to that pace. I think another part may have to do with Kaprizov sharing the spotlight with him in terms of the PP.

Do I continue monitoring with a short leash or would it be fine dropping him for any of those FAs..
    H2H weekly matchups | 12 teams | 2C • 3W • 3D • 1UTIL • 2G • 3BN • 2IR+ | 3 weekly moves

Scoring | 4G, 3A, 0.3+/-, 1PPP, 5SHG, 3SHA, 3GWG, 0.4SOG, 0.2FW, -0.2FL, 0.3HIT, 0.3BLK | 4W, -1GA, 0.25SV, 6SHO

ROSTER:
    (C,W) Stamkos, Giroux
    (C) Barkov, Couturier
    (W) M.Tkachuk, Konecny, Svechnikov, Caufield
    (D) Josi, Morrissey, Theodore, Sanderson
    (G) Bobrovsky, Husso
    (IR+) Vasilevskiy, Matheson

Record: 2-1-0

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: any of these players worth adding over current roster + is Fiala droppable?

I always wait until at least 25% of the season is done before I even start to question my draft selections at the earliest.

Hold off and see how your team starts to take shape versus the FAs. Let others chase points that have already happened. Its normal for some to start hot and some to start cold. It's how the finish that you care about and you don't draft for the first couple weeks.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Re: any of these players worth adding over current roster + is Fiala droppable?

I would encourage patience with Fiala. All the signs of him producing are there. His linemates will lower his ceiling, but that ceiling still remains a lot higher than the guys you have listed. Those players will be on and off of waivers all season. Hold!