Thread: Am I way overvaluing Brady?

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Am I way overvaluing Brady?

I’m in talks with the manager that owns Brady Tkachuk, we’re circling around something where I give up Barkov for him. There will likely be other pieces involved to supplement some lost bangers stats for him and lost FW for me, I just don’t know if Brady will really end up being worth it or if I would be selling too low on Barkov.

Do I have Brady blinders on?! Would love some thoughts.
    8 Team Dynasty - G/A/plusminus/PPP/SHP/SOG/FW/HIT/BLK ——
    W/SV%/SV/SO
    C: A. Matthews, E Pettersson, V Trocheck, A Kopitar, C Mittelstadt,
    LW: B Marchand, B Tkachuk, K Kaprizov, J Huberdeau, V Nichushkin, E Kane, J McCann
    RW: D Pastrnak, W Nylander, JT Miller, T Meier, Z Hyman, R Hartman
    D: Q Hughes, B Burns, D Nurse, M Matheson, K Letang, B McNabb
    G: D Kuemper, V Vanecek, J Woll
    IR: L Couture, L Schenn
    NA: P Kochetkov

Dobber Sports Immortal

Default Re: Am I way overvaluing Brady?

I mean he's been to 10 Super Bowls so I don't think you can overvalue him.......

Oh sorry. I would do a deal to get Tkachuk and give up Barkov. Look for the FW elsewhere and take the elite production in Hits/SOG and hopefully points someday.

Thanks for the input, ended up making the deal 1 for 1 this morning. Great point on the elite SOG and HIT numbers, he’s a true multi-cat stud and I should be able to make up Barkov’s production in an easier/more efficient way. Thank you!

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Ooof.
    I prefer Barkov over B.Tkachuk in a FOW league... and I like Tkachuk a lot.
    Barkov is just too solid, IMO.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Special players like tkachuk are rarer than productive Cs imo. You can find blooming C that will take over 1C easier than to find a multi cat stud Tkachuk. Outside of ovechkin, tom wilson, tkachuks and evander kane, the lost of peripheral god guys take a big drop.

You did well to ge Tkachuk. I literally have both tkachuk in about 6-7 out of my 9 leagues hahh

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    Ooof.
    I prefer Barkov over B.Tkachuk in a FOW league... and I like Tkachuk a lot.
    Barkov is just too solid, IMO.
    That’s totally fair. I battled with this for a while because I love Barkov as well. But I feel like it will be easier to get a player to replace what Barkov gives me (points and FW) than I would need to get what Brady gives (SOG and Hit, hopefully eventually points). The idea of rostering a Reaves just for hits doesn’t interest me. Maybe I’m going too all-or-nothing with that theory, but I have to say I’m happy with things at this point.

As of now I’m pretty much punting FOW with Matthews being my only C that wins faceoffs, I just feel like I can get a guy that wins FOW and produces points easier than a guy who gives me what Brady does while providing some points upside.

Quote Originally Posted by snowball View Post
    Special players like tkachuk are rarer than productive Cs imo. You can find blooming C that will take over 1C easier than to find a multi cat stud Tkachuk. Outside of ovechkin, tom wilson, tkachuks and evander kane, the lost of peripheral god guys take a big drop.

You did well to ge Tkachuk. I literally have both tkachuk in about 6-7 out of my 9 leagues hahh
    This is what I’m thinking. Ovi is too old, Tom Wilson I’m not sold on, I have Kane and Tkachuk just seemed like a slam dunk to me. I’m confident I’ll be able to land somebody that fills a decent chunk of Barkov’s void.

The Great One

I like this trade as well. Good move.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Genius

If its one for one I think you did quite well. It's very hard to find a high end banger who can actually score these days.

Say BT scores 2/3 of what Barkov does this year but you add say, Rust, Bushnevich, Palmieri, etc as the next guy over someone like Reaves as you mentioned earlier. (not sure who you're FA options are, it might make a difference) But say you add BT to a player like that, you'll come out ahead on pretty much every category and while other GMs are picking up Reaves, Crouse, Clutterbuck, etc just to get some heavy stats at the expense of offence you're living large because you have a premiere grinder who can score 55+ while their grinders are happy to score 25.
    10 team full keeper roto 4C/LW/RW,6D,2G

G,A,P,+/-,PIM,SOG,GWG,PPP,SHP,Hit,Blk,FOW
    W,GAA,SV,SV%,SHO

C-Aho,Couturier,Matthews,O'Reilly
    LW-Ehlers,Giroux,Panarin,Rust
    RW-Kucherov,Palmieri,Pastrnak,Wilson
    D-Burns,Carlson,Gudas,Josi,Nurse,Pietrangelo
    G-Fleury,F.Andersen,Markstrom
    BN-Zacha

Under 250 gp farm
    Beaucage,Berggren,Bokk,Brisson,Chytil,Dugan,Foerst er,Foote,Frost,Grewe,K.Johnson,Lindblom,Mikheyev,N ybeck,Peterka,Pospisil,Protas,Ranta,Raty,Stankoven ,Suzuki,Tuomaala
    Alexeyev,Brook,Foote,Graves,Poirier,Sanderson,Seid er,Wilde,Woo,Zamula
    Berdin,Brossoit,Commesso,Ersson,Husso,Knight,Koche tkov,Lafontaine,Oettinger,Primeau,Sandstrom,Stolar z,Ustimenko,Vladar

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by hockeymanG23 View Post
    If its one for one I think you did quite well. It's very hard to find a high end banger who can actually score these days.

Say BT scores 2/3 of what Barkov does this year but you add say, Rust, Bushnevich, Palmieri, etc as the next guy over someone like Reaves as you mentioned earlier. (not sure who you're FA options are, it might make a difference) But say you add BT to a player like that, you'll come out ahead on pretty much every category and while other GMs are picking up Reaves, Crouse, Clutterbuck, etc just to get some heavy stats at the expense of offence you're living large because you have a premiere grinder who can score 55+ while their grinders are happy to score 25.
    Well said. This is why I think OP did fine here. BT just gives you such a solid base for peripherals if you're smart with other moves. And that's with only modest point totals, crappy plus/minus, and low PPP...all of which should improve over the years.