Thread: Barrie and Fleury for Bjorkstrand

Dobber Sports Master

Default Barrie and Fleury for Bjorkstrand

League and team in sig. No waiver wire in this league. Limited roster moves between bench and starting lineup. (means you can't stream goalies..you can pretty much afford to swap them like 5-6 times each, for the whole season.

I have Bjork... I am in contention. Shortened season all bets will be off, but what say you?
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

The Great One

Default Re: Barrie and Fleury for Bjorkstrand

Quote Originally Posted by agentzero View Post
    League and team in sig. No waiver wire in this league. Limited roster moves between bench and starting lineup. (means you can't stream goalies..you can pretty much afford to swap them like 5-6 times each, for the whole season.

I have Bjork... I am in contention. Shortened season all bets will be off, but what say you?
    \
    Oh gawd no- not for Bjorky not evcen close...

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

If Vegas keeps swapping goalies game for game then you get 50% of Vegas' games and they should win a high percentage of them.

and If Barrie finds a way to get back onto the top PP unit with McDavid.

If those two ifs come true, I would make this trade.

And you have lots of depth on forward... Barrie is a nice replacement for Pulock in your starters for D in a points only league.

However if you add Fluery you almost got to make a corresponding move with your other goalies...

Having - Helly, Shesterkin, Fleury, Saros and Rinne seems like too much invested into the goalie position.

But I am sure there is option to deal the Nashville Duo or Fleury to another owner and improve on another trade.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

If I’m in contention I definitely hold only Bjork if this is the offer. I think you can get more than an underwhelming D and an old 1B goalie

The Great One

If you have limited moves, I doubt you'll roster Fleury (unless Lehner gets injured). My instinct is to use Bjork to find just a Dman that is better than Barrie. He never fit in well with Toronto, who knows how it will go in Edmonton.

Dobber Sports Master

Thanks for the feedback guys I appreciate it. There aren’t a whole lot of goalie trade options out there and with Shesterkin and Saros I thought I’d be set at G2 but boy is it a rough start for the Rangers.

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    If Vegas keeps swapping goalies game for game then you get 50% of Vegas' games and they should win a high percentage of them.

and If Barrie finds a way to get back onto the top PP unit with McDavid.

If those two ifs come true, I would make this trade.

And you have lots of depth on forward... Barrie is a nice replacement for Pulock in your starters for D in a points only league.

However if you add Fluery you almost got to make a corresponding move with your other goalies...

Having - Helly, Shesterkin, Fleury, Saros and Rinne seems like too much invested into the goalie position.

But I am sure there is option to deal the Nashville Duo or Fleury to another owner and improve on another trade.
    It's hard. There aren't a lot of clear cut starters out there and with no waiver wire, situations like what's going on in LAK and alike.. where no one would predict success, impacts who people actually have on their rosters...meaning Quick and Campbell are not rostered at all.. so it's a limited trading pool.

I'll give it 5-6 more games at least, to get to at least the 15 game mark before I need to make decisions on the roster. COVID is messing with everything too, it's gonna be such a weird year.

Thanks for the help.
    Blades of Steel

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    If you have limited moves, I doubt you'll roster Fleury (unless Lehner gets injured). My instinct is to use Bjork to find just a Dman that is better than Barrie. He never fit in well with Toronto, who knows how it will go in Edmonton.
    I'm also wary of Barrie... he looks terrible (all of EDM does) and has looked veeery meh for 18 mos. I still think he has hockey in the tank but EDM has to turn things around.. My D is old an needs a refresh.

C'mon Pulock!
    Blades of Steel

Saros, Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Master

A month later, have we changed opinions? Playing the long-term game no, but man the Rangers are terrible and so are the Predators..

Makes me feel like I'm negotiating from a position of weakness, which you never want to do... oy...
    Blades of Steel

Saros, Shesterkin

Dobber Sports All-Star

I would swap my Bjorkstrand for Barrie and Fleury in a heart beat today. Both Barrie and Fleury have great value right now and would make fantastic trade pieces for anybody running for a title.
    KHL Fantasy Hockey League Keep 8
    3-C 3-RW 3-LW 6-D 2-G

Forward 5-G 3-A 1.0 STP
    D-Men 6-G 4-A 1.5 STP
    .35 Shot .4 Hit .4 Block .1 FOW
    Goalie 6.5 Win .25 Save -2.5 GA 2-SO

C- Larkin, Hischer, Horvat, R. Thomas
    LW- Stamkos, Hyman, Kreider, Lehkonen,
    RW- Laine, Marchessault, Toffoli. Buchnevich
    D- Doughty, Burns, Letang, Andersson (IR), Faulk, Toews, Pionk, Petry
    G- Vasilevskiy, Copley, Andersen

Dobber Sports Stud

Indeed, it would be a great deal for you a month later... but I guess the other GM has also realized how valuable Fleury and Barrie have become.
    The other thing to monitor is Bjorkstrand's overall usage. Since Laine and Roslovic arrived in town, his icetime has dipped significantly.
    Like stocks, it could change quickly though.

Good luck!
    Points-only keeper league. 12 teams. Keep any 12 players. Dress 12F - 6D - 2G.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Hi my name is bud6869 and I was wrong. Hindsight is a bitch! Although I still like Bjorkstrand more long term, it’s definitely much closer than I originally gave it credit for.
    8 Team Dynasty - G/A/plusminus/PPP/SHP/SOG/FW/HIT/BLK ——
    W/SV%/SV/SO
    C: A. Matthews, E Pettersson, V Trocheck, A Kopitar, C Mittelstadt,
    LW: B Marchand, B Tkachuk, K Kaprizov, J Huberdeau, V Nichushkin, E Kane, J McCann
    RW: D Pastrnak, W Nylander, JT Miller, T Meier, Z Hyman, R Hartman
    D: Q Hughes, B Burns, D Nurse, M Matheson, K Letang, B McNabb
    G: D Kuemper, V Vanecek, J Woll
    IR: L Couture, L Schenn
    NA: P Kochetkov

Dobber Sports Master

It's exactly like stocks. Lehner could return and Fleury could tank.. Barrie too. You never know...

I also don't like how it's going for Bjorkstrand but I think he pulls it out, he is a very good sniper. It's a deal for the immediate, for sure.
    Blades of Steel

Saros, Shesterkin